What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you help out naming some faces - 66 Tigers Side

Quigs

Immortal
Thanks Inns and Tigers fans... good luck in the season 13 - except when you meet the mighty sharkies.

Hey I found some interesting pics you might like... from 1969

The first one I had to resize to post it here. Orig can be found at click here (its a huge file size and could be replicated for a great wall pic or bar pic ... wink wink)

This is my resized one.
mm-26-1-x800.jpg

L to right.. Dennis Pittard souths, Referee Page, Garry Leo jumping, No 7 Dave Boulton (pommy legend too), John Spencer taped head, Sid Williams (the lone tryscorer) Keith Outten (about to emrbrace Bolton) and Lenny Killeen doing the handstand. (len was a South African that had a great career with St Helens before coming to Gods own country)

Here is another 69 special tigers pic

781321-1969-grand-final.jpg

Above... before ..... Below .... after

p32_1969-Tigers.jpg

Some of the Balmain Tigers ‘69 heroes who will participate on Sunday are pictured at a 25th anniversary re-union at the SCG: skipper Peter Provan, Len Killeen, Sid Williams, Dave Bolton, Alan Fitzgibbon, George Reubner, Gary Leo, Bob Smithies, Arthur Beetson, Paul Cross, Keith Outten, Peter Boulton, Terry Parker, John Crawford, Olaf Prattl, Greg Fryer, Peter Fardell, John Spencer, Joe Walsh, Barry McTaggart, club secretary Kevin Humphreys and coach Leo Nosworthy.

Cheers... thanks again for your help.

If you have some spare time don't forget to drop over and say hi at www.eraofthebiff.com

Inns I am interested in those old team pics..

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
Pity these old blokes no longer have a home leagues club to catch up in :( . Often seen former players having a beer at the old Rozelle Club

Das Hassler

Bench
Was there that great day and remember getting there at 4 am to line up for my ticket and jumping 10 ft in the air at fulltime.....Len Killeen's handstand was right in front of us (well 30 meters in front of us)...i was hooked on the Tiges for life after that and will always support any player that pulls on that jersey....through the good times AND the bad
(edit /add)...also remember that Paul Cross was dropped after the win over Manly in the prelim final ..Leo Nosworthy wasn't happy with him not dropping back to support Bob Smithies on the kick returns..he feared that Eric Simms would have us pinned down on our quarter so (99% sure) George Ruebner got the right wing spot with Sid Williams coming on at half time to score the try that sealed the win....felt sorry for Paul Cross and Artie...they were a big part of getting us there that year

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
Was there that great day and remember getting there at 4 am to line up for my ticket and jumping 10 ft in the air at fulltime.....Len Killeen's handstand was right in front of us (well 30 meters in front of us)...i was hooked on the Tiges for life after that and will always support any player that pulls on that jersey....through the good times AND the bad
(edit /add)...also remember that Paul Cross was dropped after the win over Manly in the prelim final ..Leo Nosworthy wasn't happy with him not dropping back to support Bob Smithies on the kick returns..he feared that Eric Simms would have us pinned down on our quarter so (99% sure) George Ruebner got the right wing spot with Sid Williams coming on at half time to score the try that sealed the win....felt sorry for Paul Cross and Artie...they were a big part of getting us there that year

Hey Das, many thanks for allowing me to share your memory of the 69 GF

It is now included in The Biff ........ see

http://www.eraofthebiff.com/_blog/M...BALMAIN'S_GREAT_FAIRYTALE_The_69_Grand_Final/

Scroll down the bottom of the page

Cheers ... Quigs

Das Hassler

Bench
No worries Quigs..it's a privelige to have a few words in there...you've done a great job puting that site together...all the best Das

Latest posts