What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra Raiders vs Brumbies charity cricket match.

ball boy

Bench
04/01/05: The Canberra Raiders have announced today that they will play a charity cricket match against the Brumbies on a date in early February 2005.

Don Furner and Jason Amos from the Raiders are incredibly pleased that the Brumbies have accepted the challenge for such a worthwhile cause. “It was never an issue, the Brumbies were more than happy to support the plan of the Raiders,” Mr Amos said.

“We will be announcing in the next few days the venue for this great event”.

Stars from both teams will be on hand for what should be a memorable game of cricket. “We hope that all football supporters from both codes get behind this event and help the victims of the recent disaster that has devastated our close neighbours over the Christmas period”.

Full details will be advertised in the coming days.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Finally a chance to stick it to those bastards
Heres hoping for an Alan Tongue head hunter to take out that scummer Gregan! :clap:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
A game of Oztag or similar might be more entertaining, as these guys cricket ability might not be that entertaining.

Timbo

Staff member
Calm down 69.

I wonder if any of our guys have any cricketing talent?

greeneyed

First Grade
WIN TV news reported this only as "Brumbies and Raiders" managements "looking at the possibility of a charity cricket match". It was not reported as an initiative of Raiders management... indeed they put the "Sydney Brumbies" logo first when announcing the news.

Kris_man

Bench
my tip as to who will be the good players:

Craig Frawley, Kris Kahler, Todd Carney, Jason Smith

AdamH

Juniors
I have to say the Raiders seem to be a very charitable club. They've shown support for ACT bushfire victims, celebrated aboriginal culture, and now this. You should all be very proud of your club and good luck for next year.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
greeneyed said:
I can't stand those Brumbies.

Just what is it that you guys have against the Brumbies, apart from the fact they they play Union, instead of League.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
greeneyed said:
I can't stand those Brumbies.

Just what is it that you guys have against the Brumbies, apart from the fact they they play Union, instead of League.

ill skip the old stuff and go straight to the new

the Brumbies are ment to represent the ACT/Canberra area, but now they want to appeal to a broader community and have dropped the ACT tag, they have turned their back on their people.

I bet those yuppie bastards wont even notice it thou, most dont take notice of the game, union is a social function for suits that every now and again has a rugby game

Latest posts