What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra Raiders vs Brumbies charity cricket match.

thickos

First Grade
No it was today. I think there have been late storms in Canberra so the end of the game may have been affected. Haven't spoken to anyone about the result.

Raider Ultra

Bench
There was only about 1000 people there. Mainly becaus of the bad weather, it was raining for pretty much the entire match, pretty heavily at some times.

Panjabi

Juniors
rhino's catch on the boundary was a highlight... try catching a ball full stretch and having to compete with lil kids trying to catch the same ball.. it was like a bowling ball knocking over a set of pins...

Raider Ultra

Bench
Oh yeah, that was top drawer, wasn't sitting too far from that. I loved the one a few balls before where Elliott ran back and took some poor kid out.

hrundi99

First Grade
I thought the Raiders were the better team but the Brumbies had a good bowling patch when Withers and Carney were in which really stuffed us up.

Carney looked to be a pretty decent player and hit some nice shots from his toes, but the line and length from Giteau and Gregan was too good.

Adamson and Germ opened the batting and caned them. Adamson's definitely a big unit. Rhino was pretty handy with the bat and the ball. He was also miked when they were fielding and he is a pretty funny guy.

When I was at the merchandise stand I was party to a conversation between the owners and Thommo and he didn't play because he's hurt his back. I've no idea how serious the injury is though. #-o

thickos

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
When I was at the merchandise stand I was party to a conversation between the owners and Thommo and he didn't play because he's hurt his back. I've no idea how serious the injury is though. #-o

](*,) #-o

I hope he didn't do it in the warm-up, you'd be pissed off getting injured playing a different sport...

mike83au

Juniors
Sorry to hear about Thommo. Hope he recovers quick.

But I'm not sure if he'll even start in first grade this year....

thickos

First Grade
mike83au said:
Sorry to hear about Thommo. Hope he recovers quick.

But I'm not sure if he'll even start in first grade this year....

He'll be in the mix, you can be sure of it. If he's been in the mix for the past two seasons I can't see him missing the cut in 05 when we've lost a lot of forward experience.

What bugs me if he did his injury in the cricket game is that we really do need all hands on deck all season - the less interruptions through injury, the better (which is obvious, however depth is a concern this season).

Raider_69

Post Whore
While i agree that we need all hands on deck i dont agree that thomo should be in the mix, maybe for 2nd row but for mine he just isnt a prop, he is ordinary from what ive seen

Copa

Bench
I was there for about an hour and a half... I watched from the restaurant. Weather mas miserable.

woodgers

Bench
Raiders lost by 20 runs
f**k!!!!!!!!

I hate losing, I hate losing to them even more no matter what the sport is.

If all women were Brumbies fans I would still be a virgin.

tye

Juniors
BRUMBIES to good, looks like all u rugby haters should learn that rugby players are not only very smart but also multi talented (why cant you support 2 teams)? :lol:

hrundi99

First Grade
tye said:
BRUMBIES to good, looks like all u rugby haters should learn that rugby players are not only very smart but also multi talented (why cant you support 2 teams)? :lol:

Very smart?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

thickos

First Grade
tye said:

Spellchecker, pronto! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
union players are about as bright as my black leather boot and as sharp as my raiders footy

Latest posts