What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra VS Parra Match Discussion Thread

Halves changes look much better despite the score.

Robbo looks sharper than MK. KK looks interested and energetic.

Poore having a dig, Caylo and Hindy playing ball.

HaHa not submitting on kick returns. Burt is THE finisher.

Benny hitting hard in defense, Mateo looking to play ball but a bit soft in defense.

Reddy burning them down the right but throwing stupid passes, Grothe still a machine.

Tahu + early ball = success.

Sure, we're behind, but I actually think that's our best 40 mins so far this season. That, however, isn't saying all that much. Should I instead say it's our least worst 40 minutes?

BissyB

Juniors
Mateo was hooked after that Thompson try...last chance IMO and he's failed it, bench or Wenty with Horo to start thanks

I think he's been good today, just way too tired and too slow to grab thompson. He should be on the bench or only on first 20 mins.

Eelectrica

Referee
Season defining 40 coming up. With the Rabbits next week, we need to turn it on this second half like the Titans did on Friday.

If we roll over here, we might as start getting ready for next season now.

Eelogical

Referee
My assessment.......marginal improvement over what I have seen so far offered this year. However, I feel they have what it takes to come back in this one. They are still in it....just waiting for that spark.

BissyB

Juniors
Boys some stats:

Eels vs Raiders

Errors: 4 v 5
Penalties: 5 v 4
Line Breaks: 3 v 2
Offloads: 3 v 5

We can win this! Just gotta defend better. Switch Keating to the left and Mortimer to the right. KK is a great defender for his size.

Suitman

Post Whore
And Mateo stands like a statue while Thompson runs around him for a try...

Can someone please take mateo...we will pay you, name your price.

Mateo was hooked after that Thompson try...last chance IMO and he's failed it, bench or Wenty with Horo to start thanks

Have a look at the try again.
Tahu wasn't any better.

About time some of these blokes started putting in for their team mates.

Suity

Glenn

First Grade
My assessment.......marginal improvement over what I have seen so far offered this year. However, I feel they have what it takes to come back in this one. They are still in it....just waiting for that spark.

We have been waiting for that "spark" all season, and it hasn't been forthcoming what makes tonight any different. :?

Marrapatta

Juniors
The boy's have picked up their act and are working hard.... except one!

Mateo to Wenty... he's barely ever put in 70% effort. Even last year. Worse thing is, a change of club would probably spark his effort. He's a lost cause at this club IMO. Let him go.

Still a half to go... I've been impressed with the effort thus far, especially around the play the ball and general pick up of speed of our game. Defensively, we have been good. I worry about Tamana and Lukey under the high ball though... but it's always hard in defense. Work hard boys!

Special mention to KK. Defensively he has been outstanding! And Morts has been hitting ball and all, and hard too... cant wait for him to put on some kilo's. :)

Go boys!

Y2Eel

First Grade
f**k you guys, Mateo is playing good. The team is doing better. Just some real dum options by Reddy and stupid penaltys that has kept the Raiders in the game.

Agreed.. i dont know why people complain for Joel thompson would have scored that try against all the teams tbh...

Y2Eel

First Grade
Whats the go with Bagging Mateo He has been solid in Defense and Setup that second try The raiders are a good young attacking side just ask Parra Pete!