What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cancel the pre-match entertainment!!!

gong_eagle

First Grade
the pre match entertainment was pathetic
half way thru the living ends 2nd song I was thinking am I at the GF
the BBQs were lame

bobmar28

Bench
It's an embarrassment to the game. It's lame and it does nothing to rev the crowd up. It makes our game look small and amateurish. Either spend the money and get a big act or don't bother at all. I'd rather they just went straight from the under 20's (playing it closer to the gf gives it more exposure) into the anthem then into the grand final. Why do we need some horribly mediocre rock band coming on? It cheapens it.
No where near as lame as the AFL one. I thought it was pretty good, except for Anthony Warlow or whatever his name is, bit poncey for my liking.
The entertainment would've been better at night.

Last edited:
I was horrified by Noiseworks. FFS, they were hardly even popular in the bloody 80's!
I don't know who the NRL hire to arrange these events, but they are stuck back in 1989 and need to move with the times.

Cringeworthy!

Noiseworks...shocking suburban band.

Maybe they should change their name to "noise".

I've been living in Vic for the past two years so I've barely seen any NRL matches on Tv (I listen to them on the radio over the net) and I can't bloody believe how behind the times NRL is compared to AFL! I love NRL but it's just embarrassing.

Has the NRL got any Idea?....... BBQs pffffffffffttttttttttt.

Guildford Owls put on better entertainment for crying out loud.

DangerMouse_007

Juniors
The BBQ'S reminded me of the NRL's treatment of Souths. They kicked them out of the competition and now champion the club and their tradition. The NRL has been robbing people of these BBQ's for 7 years now. When they finally revert back to the day time final they start celebrating the BBQ and shoving it down everyones throats. To me it was being to clever by half and just reminding everyone how they'd taken away from them in the first place.

I also love the NRL trying to paint themselves as the guys championing the day grand final and 9 wanting the night grand final. If the NRL said to them "no we are not going to do that we are having a day grand final." What could 9 do? Cancel the TV rights deal? Sue the NRL? Wouldn't they just have to accept it and nothing else would change?

MKEB...

Staff member
I thought Living end looked like they were Lip synching.

The bbq thing was pathetic.
TBH I would rather listen to a bunch of cowboys eating beans...Blazing Saddles style

Ryan

Juniors
The Living End come out and make a back handed statement to NSW people about The Storm, then can't even play LIVE FFS ! The singer needs some serious miming techniques to make it look an inch closer to being real.

The BBQ's. I had had a few beers at the time, and thought to myslef that I'm either really drunk and seeing things, or that this was a joke of some sought. Again, what was the point? All you heard were the drums anyway.

The Helicopter is another matter. Love it.

Noiseworks. Hell, at least they were live, and sounded good.

I'd love to hear some suggestions / itineries from others though on what they would do if the organisers???

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It wasn't Noiseworks, it was only Jon Stevens.

otori

Juniors
The Living End guitarist was abysmal as well. I've seen better air guitar performances than that garbage. I don't understand why they lip synched because the only decent thing about TLE is watching them live.