What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Candidate for mysterious WT player going to Bronco's in 2012

Tigerm

Coach
I'd say the salary cap and back loaded contracts are biting WT big time (along with Teflon shifting blame onto the under-performing regular squad).
That is a good point, during his contract negotiations, it must have been discussed, hence why we are going through a rebuild, no doubt some were not meant to go, but once it started, they couldn't stop it?
So the question is, was it badly managed or were they happy to let those who are leaving or those talking to others, go? Perhaps a bit of both.
Just a bit surprised about the lack of signings to replace them? Hopefully they will have some surprises for us by the start of next year?

Last edited:

CameronLayfield

Juniors
Broncos definitely have enough money to buy Benji Marshall. They still have greg inglis money, israel folau money and darren lockyer money not to mention Denan Kemp money. The broncos are the most cashed up club in the NRL at the moment.

However they will lock in jack reed and yow yeh for 4 or 5 years.

I'd love to see Siro and Miller in the halves for the tiges one day in the future... They have looked so good every time i have seen them..

But yeah... Would like to see Lui go...

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Broncos definitely have enough money to buy Benji Marshall. They still have greg inglis money, israel folau money and darren lockyer money not to mention Denan Kemp money. The broncos are the most cashed up club in the NRL at the moment.

However they will lock in jack reed and yow yeh for 4 or 5 years.
My money is on Benji. Has looked so distant and distinterested the last month or six weeks. Boncos are a good fit for him.

Das Hassler

Bench
My money is on Benji. Has looked so distant and distinterested the last month or six weeks. Boncos are a good fit for him.

Nahh..don't think so (him going North)...a few weeks ago his Macca's scuffle went to court and it was about 6 weeks ago or so where he did everything he could to convince Sheens to stay..also went on to say he wanted him to be his only coach for his whole career if it were possible..i think it's just a case of everyone has troubles from time to time.. not necessarily connected with their job..have you noticed him lately on the footy show?...pretty touchy about any criticism of the tigers.
Just to add...do you think that Benji jumping ship could stay a secret for 10 minutes?...it would be the biggest scoop in Rugby League...the story goes whoever it is doesn't want it announced so as not to jeapodise their place in the team..that immediately (to say the least) rules Marshall out....i'll place five bucks on Lui as well...he knows he could get dropped anytime

Last edited:
Nahh..don't think so (him going North)...a few weeks ago his Macca's scuffle went to court and it was about 6 weeks ago or so where he did everything he could to convince Sheens to stay..also went on to say he wanted him to be his only coach for his whole career if it were possible..i think it's just a case of everyone has troubles from time to time.. not necessarily connected with their job..have you noticed him lately on the footy show?...pretty touchy about any criticism of the tigers.

Yeah... I can't see Benji leaving Sheens... He'd never be allowed to kick for goal with the bronco's....

CameronLayfield

Juniors
The broncos and most importantly the fans DO NOT WANT LUI. He is a terrible player who plays like peter wallace (Has good games, has bad games, can make very poor decisions)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Won't be Benji or Farah.

This club will get rid of a heap of players, but Benji and Farah are two they will not let go.

Brisbane won't be chasing a sub par halfback to replace Lockyer, to play alongside a crap halfback.

Only Souths and Parramatta do stupid things like that

gordsy

Juniors
Let's hope they haven't pinched Jacob Miller. That said I think he would do better under Griffin then he will under Shines

Magpies Forever

Juniors
The more I've thought about it and read your responses I reckon its either Lui or Tuqiri. My gut feel is Lui due to the comment that the player did not want to jeopardise his spot in the squad. If that is correct Lui is vulnerable to being replaced for the remainder of the season than Tuqiri.