What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 2010 Squad

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Yep, we're gonna go from 2nd to last with pretty much the same squad :clap: F**king dolt.

The jingle bred not bought was introduced in 2008 as a promotional tool for the game vs Roosters, after they purchased four of our players.

Question, where did the following players come from:

Darius Boyd
Neville Costigan
Michael Weyman
Nathan Fien
Mickey Paea (now ours :p)
Luke Priddis
Jarrod Saffy
Wendell Sailor
Jeremy Smith
Jamie Soward

Every team does it...

I strongly doubt Mickey Paea will get much game time with you guys. He played only 6 games at the Dragons, and never got chosen afterwards again...despite playing really well. I could be wrong though.

ByRd

First Grade
Potential Wooden Spooners. Your new jingle Bought not Bred you hypocrits. Criricising the roosters when you yourself buy the premiership.
:lol::lol::lol: Priddis, Boyd, Weyman, Smith, Sailor, Costigan, Fien, Bennett etc. please dont talk about us buying players....

i see Timmah already cleared this up, bloody one eyed st merge fans, you would expect them to know how to see TWO sides of things as thats what they follow lol

Ridders

Coach
We need Barba imo. I don't want to go through what happened to us in the Eels game again.

I would like us to have an X-Factor off the bench instead of just having 4 forwards.

Last edited:

Ridders

Coach
Speaking of having 4 forwards on the bench, that is probably one of my biggest pet hates.

It just reeks of conservatism.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I'm not. Idris will be more fit, getting more experience under his belt saying "You want some, come get some"
155.gif
- Arnold Schwarzenegger style :lol:

Bulldog Force

Referee
Sh!t you guys look even stronger on paper next season.
I tend to think we're about the same. We've lost El Masri and Eastwood (most notably) so that's a lot of fire power out of the engine there... but then again players like Halatau and Turner might make up some portion of that.

RedV65

Juniors
Did you want a box of tissues to go off to the corner and clean yourself up from the cry your having ????

F**k I hate small minded people....

Where were you supporters last year when the dogs were playing in front of small crowds you got your flags and jersys and packed them away to Embarrased to be called dogs supportes. All of a sudden you are Bulldogs supporters again.

RedV65

Juniors
Yep, we're gonna go from 2nd to last with pretty much the same squad :clap: F**king dolt.

The jingle bred not bought was introduced in 2008 as a promotional tool for the game vs Roosters, after they purchased four of our players.

Question, where did the following players come from:

Darius Boyd
Neville Costigan
Michael Weyman
Nathan Fien
Mickey Paea (now ours :p)
Luke Priddis
Jarrod Saffy
Wendell Sailor
Jeremy Smith
Jamie Soward

Every team does it...

So how many local juniors are in your side.

Ridders

Coach
Where were you supporters last year when the dogs were playing in front of small crowds you got your flags and jersys and packed them away to Embarrased to be called dogs supportes. All of a sudden you are Bulldogs supporters again.

Where were you last year?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So how many local juniors are in your side.
Relevance? If you want to make a point, do the research yourself and make it. I'm not doing your dirty work for you. Bottom line with my statement was that EVERY team buys players.

The funniest part would have to be where you decided to have a go at us for "buying a premiership" when we didn't actually win one. Goose.
:? Small crowds?

2008: Bulldogs 156,564 total, 14,233 per game
2008: Dragons 151,154 total, 12,596 per game

Perhaps it's an idea to check facts before you come in and mouth off in another forum - this is the second time in this thread you've come in for a hiding.

I tend to think we're about the same. We've lost El Masri and Eastwood (most notably) so that's a lot of fire power out of the engine there... but then again players like Halatau and Turner might make up some portion of that.
I've always defended El Masri as a player and he was quite underrated, but having watched Turner in his last weeks for the Storm, I'm content in saying he's a better acquisition. I think you're underestimating him.

No doubting the loss of Eastwood.

j0nesy

Bench

Eastwood is a big loss but I think Paea and Halatau will more than make up for him. Turner is a better winger than El Masri and Ennis is probably as good a goal kicker as El Masri was in the twilight of his career, ok maybe not quite as good. I also think Idris will come of age in 2010, as long as he stays fit. I'm tipping you guys for the minor premiership. The main question mark for me is over Brett Kimmorley - he is running on old legs, he's probably got one more good season in him, perhaps two. But then I said that about 'dell for us this season.

Ridders

Coach
I know I keep harping on it but I do think Idris will be a much more effective attacking weapon with Turner outside him.

I can't remember who it was, but someone on this forum mentioned how teams would just double on Idris and leave Hazem open as they knew they could cover him. I didn't really buy into it until I actually observed things more closely and this is what tended to happen this season.

With an attacking weapon with speed outside of him, teams won't be able to use the same tactic with Idris.

Bulldog Force

Referee
One thing people seem to forget about El Masri is that he's a top player, not just a good goal kicker. He has scored the 6th highest amount of tries ever... that surely accounts to something!

Last edited:

Latest posts