What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canterbury Earthquake

Meth

Staff member
Yeah, St Pauls is just up the road from me. There's destruction all around me, but my street got off lightly I think

ozbash

Referee
but my street got off lightly I think

Its hard to say though, has your building/house been inspected ?

looking at the news last night, it looks like the aftershocks are creating just as much damage.

some beautiful old building condemed..

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah, St Pauls is just up the road from me. There's destruction all around me, but my street got off lightly I think

My cuz lives on Gayhurst Rd, spent hours sorting his place out on Sunday

That one this morning wasn't much fun. Was standing there getting Micistm caught up on what the situation at work it, and then it hit, watching the paint racking moving from side to side was change of undies time

Boss held a meeting afterwards, apparently there are some idiots ringing up work wanting to know where their orders are. 1 particular store in Napier replied "What Earthquake ?"

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yep, the boss is disgusted, he actually swore when he told us all he is that sh*tty about

The girls in the office who are sitting there all day answering the phones have had quite a bit of abuse. Lucky I am not answering the calls because I wouldn't be too polite in response

Meth

Staff member

looking at the news last night, it looks like the aftershocks are creating just as much damage.

Our house is less than a year old, so hopefully we should be right

One Warrior

Bench
Yep, the boss is disgusted, he actually swore when he told us all he is that sh*tty about

The girls in the office who are sitting there all day answering the phones have had quite a bit of abuse. Lucky I am not answering the calls because I wouldn't be too polite in response

Mate that's just not on, some people need to get a life, up here we are all thinking of you guys
down there.

Last edited:

JoeD

First Grade
My cousin in the US sent me a message Sunday morn asking if I was affected by the earthquake. My response was "what earth quake?"

Micistm

Bench
Big ups to Beavers here though, who had the serious balls to go back after this mornings shaker. It was a ripper. Went home and most family members turned up, all scared wanting to accumulate somewhere. Most are seriously sleep deprived and on edge big time...a truck in the distance or sudden noise has most jumping. My sister handled it well until this morning...then that aftershock that was so shallow and close finished her off.
Most I know are so fortunate compared to others, but totally staggered at the complete lack of empathy of various places around the country saying 'Where's our orders?!' FFS, how uncompassionate can you be?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Big ups to Beavers here though, who had the serious balls to go back after this mornings shaker. It was a ripper. Went home and most family members turned up, all scared wanting to accumulate somewhere. Most are seriously sleep deprived and on edge big time...a truck in the distance or sudden noise has most jumping. My sister handled it well until this morning...then that aftershock that was so shallow and close finished her off.
Most I know are so fortunate compared to others, but totally staggered at the complete lack of empathy of various places around the country saying 'Where's our orders?!' FFS, how uncompassionate can you be?

I figured the work has to be done sometime, only so much sitting around the house I can do as well lol. A couple of episodes of Bottom had the spirits lifted enough to head back.

You are right mate, it is the lack of sleep that is doing everyone in. A friend of mine was at her work yesterday, somebody asked her if she wanted a coffee, and she burst into tears coz she didn't know lol

IanG

Coach
Also been getting their fair share of aftershocks. Some of them have been nearly as powerful as the big one that his us back in 1989.

Martli

Coach
My parents had booked a holiday there this weekend. Oddly enough, I think they're still going to go :? maybe they'll help my family down there clean stuff up :lol:.

One of my cousins has gone down to assess buildings and he's posted a few pics up on facebook, I usually tend to avoid the news so seeing his pics really shows how significant it is, some massive buildings that are pretty much only good to get demolished now.

My cuz lives on Gayhurst Rd, spent hours sorting his place out on Sunday

That one this morning wasn't much fun. Was standing there getting Micistm caught up on what the situation at work it, and then it hit, watching the paint racking moving from side to side was change of undies time

Boss held a meeting afterwards, apparently there are some idiots ringing up work wanting to know where their orders are. 1 particular store in Napier replied "What Earthquake ?"

My cousin lives just up from Gayhurst, by Burwood Park. She lost her chimney 3 big holes in her roof and cracks in every room. Find out this week if the house is condemmed:?

ozbash

Referee
see on tv last night the f**king insurance companies are already looking for loopholes.

Skinner

Coach
see on tv last night the f**king insurance companies are already looking for loopholes.

Most of those bastards make used car salesmen look like bastions of society..

Any hint of that crap and the government should remove their licences and fine them severely.

Meth

Staff member

House got inspected and signed off yesterday. We are very fortunate compared to others

Latest posts