What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canterbury Earthquake

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I'm sure I speak for everyone here, in hoping everyone is alright in the Canterbury area, after the earthquake.

Thinking of the people in the affected areas. Stay safe and here's hoping for a speedy recovery and clean up effort.

Pretty gutting stuff.

blain

Juniors
amazing no one has been killed (yet). Happened probably the best time of the day, if that was 5 in the afternoon many people would have been hit by rubble. I use to live right in town, weird hearing its all blocked off.

Will be really interesting what they do with all the old buildings. All the fam and mates are all good thankfully.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I remember the 87 Edgecumbe quake from when I was at school, was a pretty scary experience at the time. Hope everyone pulls through okay, good to hear there's been no deaths reported so far.

Scott

Bench
Here's hoping the Warriors can do the damage tonight and cheer everyone up.

Meth

Staff member
It was an eventful morning, that's for sure.

Lots of damage to the roads; we've had 20 odd smaller aftershocks.

cram

Bench
I'm sure I speak for everyone here, in hoping everyone is alright in the Canterbury area, after the earthquake.

Thinking of the people in the affected areas. Stay safe and here's hoping for a speedy recovery and clean up effort.

Pretty gutting stuff.

All the best to the people over there. I worked in the Emergency Services during the Newcastle Earthquake and that one was smaller but still caused damage and upset many people. I hope that everyone pulls together. Good luck and stay safe!

Mum just rang and said curfew in place 7pm till 7am and the Army are being deployed to the city with an instant arrest if u break the curfew

59451_1607166938368_1212005133_31711251_7114184_n.jpg