What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canterbury Earthquake

Micistm

Bench
see on tv last night the f**king insurance companies are already looking for loopholes.

And refusing to sign up new customers for earthquake cover. I know there's a big payout for them to do now, but that's the whole point of, the meaning of the word Insurance. Happy to take big cash for years, will use every loophole possible to weasel out of honouring the fair agreement. Any company that takes an unfairly harsh approach in refusing to pay out some family under too much stress to fight it I hope gets dragged through the media and embarassed big time. That is where tabloid News approach comes in handy.

I am gutted for poor souls in my area, many with lost property, entire houses, pets, their jobs in some cases as well. The next time I complain about how unfair it is after a flat tyre or some trivial sh*t like that someone slap me.

Martli

Coach
And refusing to sign up new customers for earthquake cover. I know there's a big payout for them to do now, but that's the whole point of, the meaning of the word Insurance. Happy to take big cash for years, will use every loophole possible to weasel out of honouring the fair agreement. Any company that takes an unfairly harsh approach in refusing to pay out some family under too much stress to fight it I hope gets dragged through the media and embarassed big time. That is where tabloid News approach comes in handy.

I am gutted for poor souls in my area, many with lost property, entire houses, pets, their jobs in some cases as well. The next time I complain about how unfair it is after a flat tyre or some trivial sh*t like that someone slap me.

Sadly it was always going to happen: Insurance agencies don't bank on having to make this many simultaneous pay outs. That being said, surely most people will be covered by the earthquake commission and thus won't need to claim much insurance?

Iafeta

Referee
It was a horrific situation. Such a shame, Christchurch is a brilliant place... even with the red and black eye patches. It was a horrific day altogether for the South Island with the tourist plane casualties.

I just thank whoever is looking out for us that there was not a mass of casualties in Christchurch.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
That jolt we had this afternoon, I was moving like Usain Bolt out of the paint area at work !! Thought it was going to be another big one with the noise and sharp jolt but didn't last long at all. Epicentre at the end of Colombo St apparently !!

Micistm

Bench
It was a horrific situation. Such a shame, Christchurch is a brilliant place... even with the red and black eye patches. It was a horrific day altogether for the South Island with the tourist plane casualties.

I just thank whoever is looking out for us that there was not a mass of casualties in Christchurch.

Amen to that. The recovery process is impressively organised considering the massive disaster as well.
Of course the negatives are obvious all around us, the disaster and the lives it has turned inside out for months possibly years+...and scumbag Looters and opportunists low enough to rob vulnerable traumatised people... But the positives are there as well. Touch wood, few injuries. People helping each other. Tireless work of dedicated people restoring things as much as possible. The volunteers and donators of time, money, resources or services.

Meth

Staff member
Marist Div 2

Funny in a way that as far as I know the old condemned stand at Rugby League Park is still standing

Did you head down to the park to watch the game today- I stuck around to watch the first half of the Hornby v Riccarton game- I think your game was happening on ground 2

Meth

Staff member
This is probably an old discussion, but for the premier Rugby League ground in Canterbury, to have the 2 fields sharing an in-goal at one end is average...

Micistm

Bench
I wish these aftershocks would **** off, they're really starting to piss us off now. Noticing more and more damage around the house here n there. Quake map has us up to 1070 odd. Ugh.

Latest posts