What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canterbury.....The great Myth of the new millenium.

What will people think of when the seasons 2002 and 2003 are discussed in the future. Will people be saying what a great team Canterbury were during that period or will they remember these years as the era of a brilliant footy team from the Eastern Suburbs. Canterbury will be remembered as the cheating, scumbag club that they are. They have not achieved anything and their supporters will have stuffed themselves with all that humble pie that they have had to devour in the last few days. After the Roosters win the premiership for the 2nd year in a row, the Canterbury fans may as well bend down and kiss our feet because they can only dream what it's like to support a brilliant club like the Roosters. The Dogs have achieved nothing and hopefully they will have learnt that valuable lesson in life.....Cheats never prosper! So on Sunday night when Easts are doing the lap of honour I am sure that the doggy fans will be collectively heaving into that bucket of humbleness! How sweet it is. :lol:

Moffo

Referee
Every dog has their day

Roosters time is coming :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Moffo

supersoniceagle

Juniors
:roll: Boring post by another arrogant Roosters fan. Sorry to break it to you, but it'll be the Panthers doing the victory lap on Sunday.....

.....I bloody hope so

Bengal

Juniors
I'll remember as the year the Bunnies re-entered the comp and as the year the Doggies got caught with their hands in the till!

I'll remember as a great year for Rugby League.

The Rooster footie teams of 2002/3 class acts!

Same can't be said about their supporters.

weasel

First Grade
People will remember the Roosters as the team that made the grand final three times in four years yet only won once ;-). Go the Panthers on the weekend!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
2003 will be remmbered by this

74-4 :lol: :lol:

Go the Roosters.....i hope you guy's got home safely on saturday night ;-)

simon says

First Grade
Rustay said:
2003: The year us Sharkies finally got rid of the "losing culture"
Classic.

Go the panthers.....but this is the era of the roosters,even though i hate to admit it.Doggies are gooorne,could be in trouble next year.

At the end of the day 2002 will be remembered as the year that the Bulldogs were caught out breaching the salary cap NOT the year the Roosters win the NRL.

Whether you like it not, in 2002 the biggest news was the salary cap scandal and will ALWAYS be remembered as a season of "what could have been" for the Bulldogs.

Roosters did well to win the competition and I don't the Bulldogs would have won it anyway, but that's not how it will be remembered.

Only arrogant Roosters fans (enter Rooster Cogburn) will believe otherwise.

By the way I'm a Souths fan not a Bulldogs one.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Thinking back to 2002, I'll remember the Roosters as a team transformed from an underacheiving unit with a soft pack to a mentally & physically tough side who deservedly won the comp in clinical fashion. As far as the Dogs go, I wont forget the cap debacle, but I also wont forget the exciting football they played & the dominance they displayed over most of their opposition. They were a great team, albeit a bogus one.

Thinking back to 2003 I'll remember all the talk surrounding the rematches of these 2 teams, the talk of the '"grand final that never was". Although they were quite good games to watch, I'll also remember how far short they fell of matching the hype & how little I'll miss hearing about the "grand final that never was" next year.

Big Tim

First Grade
Years will be remembered for how an individual looks at it.

for me 97 the year our best player missed half a season and we walked away with a premiership.
98 back to earth, rebuilding time
2000 they year that was ruined by 40mins and a rampaging Fittler
2001 another year that we lost our best player for half a season and still walked away premiers.
2002 the arrival of Abraham and the year that was decided by a knee and 20mins of horrid footy and 1 offside call.
2003 very forgettable, could have been better, though we blooded alot of youngsters which will serve us well in the future.

It is determined by what you want it to be. Notice my thoughts are about my club and are not aimed at the down falls of any other club. That is how we should all reflect on any season, and any team that wins the premiership has done extremely well in my book, no matter who they are.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Remembering the past 5 seasons form a raiders point of view

Year 1999 - i have bloked this year out of my mind
Year 2000 - quite a disappointing year, daley should have gone out on a better note
Year 2001 - pretty poor season, but the emergance of several good talents
Year 2002 - Matty Elliot taskes over and New Ltd is no more, thus more victorys start occuring
Year 2003 - The year of "what if's" i.e Booga against the warriors, schif against the roosters etc

Big Tim

First Grade
Thats more like it :D :D :D Dont worry I didnt put in 99 cos I was too busy being a slave at KFC to remember that season. I dont see why we feel the need to put down other clubs, of course the Bulldogs are gonna be disappointed. Fans of 10-14 clubs will be disappointed, some cos their team didnt make the finals, others cos their team was knocked out. I think the sooner we start looking in our own backyards and not at other teams the better. Although a certain clubs fans dont seem to get this point.

Raider_69 although this year was a what if year, it was still a huge step in the right direction and I would be very proud of your club. Like the Panthers and the Storm, no one thought that you guys would be so high on the table, so pretty successful I say.

Kaz

junior
Big Tim2 said:
2000 they year that was ruined by 40mins and a rampaging Fittler

No your team lost because the Knights thought they had the game won at half time.

And Mr "Smart Ass" Johns, yelled from the dressing rooms at Half Time.

I wonder where the Roosters will be going for Mad Monday.

But hey, the Broncos won that year, which was our rebuilding year.

Latest posts