What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canterbury.....The great Myth of the new millenium.

ibeme

First Grade
So this ratings debate has now turned from actual popularity, to advertising revenue potential?

I thought the initial claims from reefy were that less people wanted to watch because of the Bulldogs. Overall, more people are watching the NRL now than ever.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
ibeme said:
So this ratings debate has now turned from actual popularity, to advertising revenue potential?

I thought the initial claims from reefy were that less people wanted to watch because of the Bulldogs. Overall, more people are watching the NRL now than ever.
No its thread that entwines a few subjects that are all related.
Cantebury....the myth of the new millenium is the title. & it is so true.
About a lub that cheated the salary cap by 1.5 million in 2001 & 2002.
This was to try to stockpile juniors & also keep experience around them in an effort to win a grand final or a few over the next years. Clearly a long term plan.
The slpa on the wrist they got was grossly insufficient as many believe apart from complete expulsion from the league, at the very least they should have placed over 50% of their players on the market.
The tv ratings of the GF, highlights disenchantment in the key advertsiing markets.
The general public was not happy with the contestants in the GF, with one team having been assembled by rorting the salary cap to extraordinary amount over many years & the other whose salary cap resembles Dr Whos' Tardis.
Not just the dogs fault the poor ratings for the GF, but mostly.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
ibeme said:

No its thread that entwines a few subjects that are all related.
Cantebury....the myth of the new millenium is the title. & it is so true.
About a lub that cheated the salary cap by 1.5 million in 2001 & 2002.
This was to try to stockpile juniors & also keep experience around them in an effort to win a grand final or a few over the next years. Clearly a long term plan.
The slpa on the wrist they got was grossly insufficient as many believe apart from complete expulsion from the league, at the very least they should have placed over 50% of their players on the market.
The tv ratings of the GF, highlights disenchantment in the key advertsiing markets.
The general public was not happy with the contestants in the GF, with one team having been assembled by rorting the salary cap to extraordinary amount over many years & the other whose salary cap resembles Dr Whos' Tardis.

Zef

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:

Not mostly - TOTALLY. We don't share blame with ANYBODY - especially those Roosters. It's all our fault damn it! And God help anyone who tries to blame anyone else on my watch!

We did it Reefy! Not The Roosters, definately not The Sharks and forget blaming The NRL.

It's our fault! OURS! OURS! OURS!

Not that we give a fat rat's arse of course but it's important to give credit where credit's due.

Dog-E

Juniors
has your head not exploded yet Reefy?

You DO get a bit overexcited there, at times don't you!?? :lol:

Take a deep breath (Preferably AFTER you retrieve your head from your anus! :shock: ) .....and relax.

You'll live longer! :D

And as INXS once sang: "Push away, push away those bitter tears!" :p

MadDogMason

Juniors
Why carry on about the PAST...Get over it please do us all a favour the Bulldogs have suffered enough off the field..They have proven themselves learn to respect it

Kingytek

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
Cogburn is an imbeciled granted. He supports a cheating club & he calls another club cheats.
Weird.

But he is right.
The Bulldogs won the premiership by cheating.
They rorted the slary cap, paid all their players lump sums in that year so they would not go away & now with virtually the same squad, win the premiership.

I wonder if after they had have been caught earlier for going a lazy Mil or two over the cap, if they would have been able to put Sonny Bill on the books .
Or if he would be at an honest club instead.

2 words - Greg Bird

Kingytek

Juniors
Kingytek said:
blacktip-reefy said:
Cogburn is an imbeciled granted. He supports a cheating club & he calls another club cheats.
Weird.

But he is right.
The Bulldogs won the premiership by cheating.
They rorted the slary cap, paid all their players lump sums in that year so they would not go away & now with virtually the same squad, win the premiership.

I wonder if after they had have been caught earlier for going a lazy Mil or two over the cap, if they would have been able to put Sonny Bill on the books .
Or if he would be at an honest club instead.

2 words - Greg Bird

blacktip-reefy, mate you can talk about off field drama's as much as you want, but when it comes down to that 80mins on the field between two teams decides who is the champion, not the fans, not bulldogs, nrl or foxsports administration, but the players, dont even dare try and take away limelight from them, they work hard as any other player does in the nrl. I noticed you referring to Bulldogs as "scum", if you want to talk about on field (where it really matters) lets have a look to see which nrl team was the most penalised this year due to LACK OF DICIPLINE!!!! Hmmm, I know it wasnt the bulldogs, hmmm, who was it I wonder, maybe it was the sharks????
How many times was Greg Bird Suspended and for how long, he must show alot of respect for his colours!!!!

So get the f**k off your high horse!

:roll: Umm, thats all I have to say on the matter!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
blacktip-reefy said:

Yet again speaking for people reefy? Learn to keep your mouth shut mate, you can't proclaim to be the all-knowledgable man on public opinion :roll:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
dodge said:
blacktip-reefy said:

Yet again speaking for people reefy? Learn to keep your mouth shut mate, you can't proclaim to be the all-knowledgable man on public opinion :roll:

yes I am. I am also repeating the words of nearly all CEO's. The media. The threats the bulldogs made to the game of rugby league if they were expelled for good.

This dispicable club cheated the cap 1.5 million dollars! With plans to cheat it another 1 million up to & including 2004!
There penalty was a fine that equates to .025% of their annual turnover.
They also churned less players than other clubs over the same years.
Tell me george piggins wasn't cashed up & ready to buy the Asotasi's, Williams, Vaganas, Omeleys & Masons!!!

Dogs as a minimum penalty should have been forced to churn 50% of the top 30 players. That would have been only after not finding away to exclude the cheating club from the comp for good.
Maybe the good ol catho boys can get a nother bullfrog in charge of the club & the game itself & scour the country side saying things like, "you play for us, you are guaranteed to play for Australia".

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Kingytek said:
blacktip-reefy, mate you can talk about off field drama's as much as you want, but when it comes down to that 80mins on the field between two teams decides who is the champion, not the fans, not bulldogs, nrl or foxsports administration, but the players, dont even dare try and take away limelight from them,
What limelight?????!!!!
They are team assembled after 5 years of salary cap rorting.
It was money that proved the difference. Money that provided a powerful bench team. Money that won 4 or 5 jersel flegg comps in a row. Money that won premier league comps at the same time.!!
Money money money!!!!!!!
& the Dogs rorted the money machine to the tune of millions of dollars!!!!!!
With plans in place to rort it a further million dollars.
There is no limelight.
They are convicted cheats & that team of players had no right whatsoever to be playing together under the cantebury banner.

Timmah

Staff member
blacktip-reefy said:
yes I am. I am also repeating the words of nearly all CEO's. The media. The threats the bulldogs made to the game of rugby league if they were expelled for good.

Seeing as you're so ardent that every CEO and every media outlet wants the Dogs out, I want you to do your research and prove that because once again you are speaking utter SH!T.

blacktip-reefy said:
This dispicable club cheated the cap 1.5 million dollars! With plans to cheat it another 1 million up to & including 2004!
They also churned less players than other clubs over the same years.
Tell me george piggins wasn't cashed up & ready to buy the Asotasi's, Williams, Vaganas, Omeleys & Masons!!!

They got caught, and the "dispicable club" was a bunch of greedy adminstrators who got turfed out on their asses. What part of that can't you grasp? THEY'RE GORRRN!

blacktip-reefy said:
Dogs as a minimum penalty should have been forced to churn 50% of the top 30 players. That would have been only after not finding away to exclude the cheating club from the comp for good.
Maybe the good ol catho boys can get a nother bullfrog in charge of the club & the game itself & scour the country side saying things like, "you play for us, you are guaranteed to play for Australia".

yeah sure mate, guaranteed. That's why players like Kimmorley get in the side ahead of players like Sherwin :roll: There is clear bias at ARL headquarters and it sure as hell isn't towards Canterbury.

Timmah

Staff member
blacktip-reefy said:
Kingytek said:
blacktip-reefy, mate you can talk about off field drama's as much as you want, but when it comes down to that 80mins on the field between two teams decides who is the champion, not the fans, not bulldogs, nrl or foxsports administration, but the players, dont even dare try and take away limelight from them,
What limelight?????!!!!
They are team assembled after 5 years of salary cap rorting.
It was money that proved the difference. Money that provided a powerful bench team. Money that won 4 or 5 jersel flegg comps in a row. Money that won premier league comps at the same time.!!
Money money money!!!!!!!
& the Dogs rorted the money machine to the tune of millions of dollars!!!!!!
With plans in place to rort it a further million dollars.
There is no limelight.
They are convicted cheats & that team of players had no right whatsoever to be playing together under the cantebury banner.

Reefy - at the end of the day there are two things to remember

blacktip-reefy = whinging bitch

04PREMIERS.jpg

You can go on about cap rorting and how our team got portrayed to you in a negative light by the media but at the end of the day we're the one's with that trophy you see there, and your team, for the 37th year in a row is a dismal failure. My suggestion? Cronulla puts up or shuts up. At least our club lets it's footy do the talking, not it's disgruntled fans.

Zef

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
Money money money!!!!!!!

Talking of which - you should see how much of the folding stuff we've got our hands on now!

Did you know we've set an ALL TIME record for merchandise over the last month? More than Roosters '02 and Panthers '03 combined with no sign of slowing down yet - you just can't get your hands on one of our magnificent 70th Anniversery jerseys at present, all gone.

And of course we get a cut of all that, so now we just got to figure out what to do with all that cash - we've got to hide it somewhere or the taxman will just want some of it.

Maybe we can by ourselves another football team? Or start thinking about Oasis MKII maybe?

Any suggestions? Say.... would your Sharkies be interested in a loan? At competitive interest rates of course.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Zef,
Any suggestions? Say.... would your Sharkies be interested in a loan? At competitive interest rates of course.
They could always get themselves a Bulldogs home loan. you seen the Add for that at Belmore sports ground?

Zef

Juniors
Its a Dogs World said:
They could always get themselves a Bulldogs home loan. you seen the Add for that at Belmore sports ground?

Well there you go - is there a cash generating sheme that we haven't got our paws in?

Greed, greed, greed. Do it when you can.

DJ1

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
This dispicable club cheated the cap 1.5 million dollars!

Not according to the salary cap auditor.

What's this Reefy? More of your inflated figures?

So now you are suggesting that the fine (leave out the 37 points) itself ($500M) equals 1 forthieth of a percent of the clubs turnover.

This would mean that the club turns over.

2 Billion dollars a year.

That's $2,000,000,000

No wonder you have no credibility quoting multiple breach amounts and now this.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
OK , where do I start with Mr figures
DJ1 said:
a)The club officials simply paid far too much for certain players (i.e. $250K for Trindall)
smh said:
Darrell Trindall gets $60,000 on top of the $115,000 he is supposed to be receiving. The document says: L/c [leagues club] have guaranteed $175,000 in total
But even that figure does surprise me. But still, 75k difference is a lot. The majority of the Sharks back line dont earn $75K.

DJ1 said:
blacktip-reefy said:
This dispicable club cheated the cap 1.5 million dollars!

Not according to the salary cap auditor.

Yes, according to the auditor. The facts along with very good mail, suugest that 2000 was good for another 500k. Also, more mail(very good mail) suggests there are monies still unkown. Lots of monies.
smh said:
On Monday, the Bulldogs admitted breaching the $3.25 million salary cap by $600,000 last year and by $400,000 this season.

The league immediately began auditing the books of the BulldogsFootball Club and Canterbury Leagues Club, with the NRL salary-cap auditor, Ian Schubert, reporting the findings to Mr Gallop yesterday.

The four-man board of Dr Merv Cross, Bob Millward, Malcolm Noad and John Brass decided the Bulldogs' fate after the NRL chairman, John Chalk, said he would not take part after telling the Herald that the Bulldogs "certainly won't be playing in any finals".

The NRL will perform another audit of the Bulldogs later this year and warned that any further breaches that were not immediately disclosed, and which were later detected, would attract significant new penalties.
DJ1 said:

What's this Reefy? More of your inflated figures?
oohh sorry!!!!
maybe I meant 0.25%. Now do the sums. Here is the form. $500k/2Xannual turnover(110 mil approx)
& I know he is far from a genius, but geez, even a high profile dog agrees with me.
willie mason in the SMH said:
"We've copped the full brunt of it," Mason said. "It's devastating. We're all having a great season and then something like this happens.

"It's something that's out of the control of the players, but we're out of the finals and the club gets a slap on the wrist. I reckon $500,000 to the club is like 50 bucks to the average bloke. Do you know much the club makes?"

DJ1 said:
No wonder you have no credibility quoting multiple breach amounts and now this.

I think I have clearly outsmarted you now on about 10 different issues.
Sure I have made a few typos, but at least I am not perpetuating lies & myths in support of illegal activities.
keep trying. I will slip up soon & you may get a victory.
May.

RB30DETT

Juniors
Your making up lies.

You have no substancial proof, mearly quotes from newspapers.

Your a very bad loser.