What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Captain Next Year

rabbitohs95

Bench
My honest opinion is that if Pearce is given the captaincy that i think he will lift as a player and continue to grow and better himself, which will be good if he does get picked for NSW, hopefully helps him stand up to the occasion.

hardbaby

Coach
Pearce cops a pounding from opposition supporters but I think they confuse rep games with club games. They are entirely different things. Yes Pearce has been very disappointing in Origin. But he is an excellent half back at club level and would make a great captain.

As for SuperiorEasts deciding to hand the vice captaincy to a group of guys who haven't even represented the club, well he the only idiot I know that trolls his own team's forum.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Cordner... no point waiting. He'll be the captain evetually if he's still at the club, he leads by example, has leadership qualities and is comfortably one of your better players. Same deal for the raiders, next time the captaincy comes up Fensom will get the nod. Age doesnt discriminate against leadership

Lambretta

First Grade
Cordner... no point waiting. He'll be the captain evetually if he's still at the club, he leads by example, has leadership qualities and is comfortably one of your better players. Same deal for the raiders, next time the captaincy comes up Fensom will get the nod. Age doesnt discriminate against leadership

He's definitely captain material, but he's just too young. Unfortunately, while age itself doesn't discriminate, experience does. I reckon you have to have had a couple of seasons in first grade to be a contender.

Maloney will probably end up sharing it with Mini and could become outright captain if he's liked by the team for the following season. Cordner will be the next in line.

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
Dont like the leadership group idea. Would prefer Pearce and Mini.

The idea has merit as we have a lot of half decent candidates and no stand outs. The fact so many people have been nominated is testament to that.

I'd rather not make Pearce captain as I don't think he needs the added responsibility.

The idea has merit as we have a lot of half decent candidates and no stand outs. The fact so many people have been nominated is testament to that.

I'd rather not make Pearce captain as I don't think he needs the added responsibility.

Not sure Lambretta. Given his reputation for drinking and rooting, I think he needs to take some responsibility and the captaincy might make him take his career a little more seriously.

adamkungl

Immortal
Not sure Lambretta. Given his reputation for drinking and rooting, I think he needs to take some responsibility and the captaincy might make him take his career a little more seriously.

Worked for Freddy.

As for Malonely, I think he's more likely to be the next scapegoat than the next captain.

Lambretta

First Grade

Maybe the word I should have used is pressure - he doesn't seem to work well under it.

I think it might adversely effect his game.

Lambretta

First Grade
As for Malonely, I think he's more likely to be the next scapegoat than the next captain.

If we're naming scapegoats we may as well name the entire squad, the manager, the owner and the referees. This is the Roosters we're talking about here :p