What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caption this photo

Saint Doc

Coach
Great photo capturing a moment of bravery whilst the lowest form of life in the NRL looks on.

Any takers for a caption?

321117_10150299451151190_195302056189_8543684_1445110255_n.jpg

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
How about 'Brett Morris of the St George Illawarra Dragons leaps high, watched on by Justin Hodges, during a 13-12 golden point loss that ended the defending premier's season'.

That should cover it.

Lowdown

Juniors
"Hmmm...now was it the left or right ankle that's broken? I sure hope its the left"

Gippsy

Bench
"There goes my tough guy image. I hit him with everything I've got while he was already injured and I still didn't hurt him.... I think I'll have a cry"

Ozzy

First Grade
Morris flies high while players on their knees look for Hodges' honour without any luck.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
hodges: "great, i'm gonna f**k this winger when he gets on the ground"
yow yeh: "position assumed, sir"
hodges: "not you, idiot"

321117_10150299451151190_195302056189_8543684_1445110255_n.jpg

Saint Doc

Coach
Try this...."Sooky androtop posts a cry about losing in the finals."

Got no dramas with losing whatsoever. Brisbane were the better team, and cant help but applaud lockyer.

My beef is with hodges the cat. 2 years ago he was making "throat slitting" gestures at NSW after Poore picked up Steve Price who was unconscious. I honestly believe that in the rush of blood of an all in brawl, Poore didnt know Price was out cold. But Hodges made it known he thought it was a dog act to potentially harm someone that was injured. He took some kind of moral high ground and then tried to injure the NSW players for the rest of the match.

Then he comes in a full force at someone who is clearly writhing in agony, with Creagh motioning for Hodges to stop or slow down, and Hodges slams full steam ahead into a defenseless injured player.

Who cares whether it was fractured or not. For those that dont know, a syndesmosis injury is when you tear the ligaments that connect the two bones in your shin, so that they "splay" apart when you try and put weight down there. Just as painful as a fracture.

I would be hopeful the Broncos win the comp as Lockyer is a true champion and I love the young guns in their team.

But if Hodges tore his Achilles again at training during the week I wouldnt lose any sleep feeling sorry for him.

carcharias

Immortal
hodges: "great, i'm gonna f**k this winger when he gets on the ground"
yow yeh: "position assumed, sir"
hodges: "not you, idiot"
Hornby: "he means me "

fixed

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
but that is besides the point. Regardless of whether he knew or not, it was considered a "dog act" by hodges.

Thats the point.

Unless you're trying to tell me Hodges didnt know Morris was injured??

It's ridiculous to compare the two. One was after the whistle had been blown, and was not part of play.

The other was while the game was still on and was a legal tackle.