What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cards release lienart!

mw47se

Juniors
The Arizona Cardinals announced Saturday that they have released former first-round draft pick Matt Lienart, who lost the starting quarterback competition with Derek Anderson.
Anderson, an offseason free-agent acquisition, started two consecutive preseason games for the Cardinals, and Leinart was upset the former Clevelend Browns starter apparently had passed him on the depth chart.

Leinart met with Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt on Friday to discuss the situation, and Whisenhunt told his disgruntled quarterback that the team wasn't yet prepared to take any action regarding his future.
The team took action Saturday, choosing to start the 2010 season with Anderson at the helm.

NFL . Com

jc155776

Coach
Silly?

Has done nothing and shown nothing.

Not a terrible player but can't throw long bombs which is what the Cards rely on. For the short yardage plays they now have a couple of power backs to hit the ball up.

I dreaded a season with Leinart at QB.

screeder

Juniors
He was absolute useless. Will never do anything. Wasn't released just for poor form but also f**ked attitude. If he does turn up in Seattle will only be a back up.

jc155776

Coach
He did seem to have that typical world owes me attitude of many athletes over in the US.

Bring back Warner for one more year!!

abpanther

Staff member
Not silly at all, guy is bloody useless and has a primma donna attitude.

Whisenhunt continues to impress me...

Mhartew

Juniors
good to see the back of him imo. But Anderson will not be the guy that takes us back to the superbowl.

Latest posts