What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney and Watts drinking with Warriors Players

Carney, who has admitted to an alcohol addiction, eventually gave in. The pair drank at the Trademark Hotel in Kings Cross, which has an association with the local identity John Ibrahim, a Roosters fan. They drank with Warriors players, who had earlier been beaten by Manly at Brookvale Oval.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...is-it-just-a-few-bad-eggs-20110418-1dlqu.html

I know technically theres nothing wrong with our players having a drink or two, but something doesnt sit right with me about our guys going out drinking with notorious trouble makers the same night as they are given a drubbing by Manly after playing like a pack of pussies.

Associating with a guy whose on an alcohol ban, and quite possibly enabling him, is not a great look for the club.

I dont know, maybe im making a big deal out of nothing, but this just doesnt feel like a good idea to me.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
I agree too, especially with all the fines the club have been getting and the way they have been playing. They don't deserve a beer anyway! :x

hitman82

Bench
Reminds me of that old DB ad.
And no, they certainly don't deserve a beer. What they deserve is a MERCILESS training session.

Scott

Bench
This is disgraceful. Our players should be locked up after a game!!!
How dare they even think about having some time to themselves.

Seriously, no problem at all. As long as they all turn up for their recovery session on the sunday morning in a fit state then there is no problem whatsoever!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
drinking - no worries.
the company - eeeeeh surely in a city the size of sydney they can find better people to drink with.

hitman82

Bench
drinking - no worries.
the company - eeeeeh surely in a city the size of sydney they can find better people to drink with.

TBH Todd Carney would be in the top 10 of NRL players I'd like to hit the p*ss with. Gauranteed to be a ruthless night, hopefully with him shouting.

Just as long as he didn't set my genitals on fire.

Scott

Bench
TBH Todd Carney would be in the top 10 of NRL players I'd like to hit the p*ss with. Gauranteed to be a ruthless night, hopefully with him shouting.

Just as long as he didn't set my genitals on fire.

:lol::lol::lol:

JAG

Juniors
As long as Brett Seymour wasn't in there with them, I don't really have that much of a problem with it

Skinner

Coach
Yeah, not a biggy for me. Carney should not be drinking of course as he is attending AA, but at the end of the day, it's his choice to throw a career away.

The Warrior players just need to be a little more selective about who they drink with.

Lossy

Juniors
Did the troublesome two round the Wazza boys up to go out on the piss, or did they just happen to be there when the c**ks walked in?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Sounds like Watts nagged Carney into drinking. Not sure if any Warriors players have a connection with Watts so chances are it was a chance meeting between them and maybe they had a drink while there.

Meh, it's largely a nothing story as far as the Warriors are concerned.

Micistm

Bench
This is disgraceful. Our players should be locked up after a game!!!
How dare they even think about having some time to themselves.

Seriously, no problem at all. As long as they all turn up for their recovery session on the sunday morning in a fit state then there is no problem whatsoever!

I don't have a prob with who they associate with, Carney has to do the self responsible thing himself. But it does grind my gears they hit the town after an embarrasingly awful performance. Suppose they have to block it out some way. Booze bans for the lot of them until they turn up on gameday focussed! Were they working out where they were going after the game maybe...?:lol:

Izz

Bench
Are we sure the article didn't mean to say he was drinking with Warriors players before they got beat by Manly?

'Cos they sure looked like a bunch of drunks out there.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Look you guys underestimate those smart and cunning Warrior players. Here's how it went down.

Brett Seymour was a star half.
Brett Seymour has a drinking problem.
No Australian club wants to sign Brett Seymour anymore.
The Warriors get him.
Brett Seymour plays like pies.
Smart Warriors players think:
Todd Carney is a superstar half.
Todd Carney has a drinking problem.
Todd Carney was very lucky the current club signed him.
Todd Carney is on a liquor ban and was last years best player.
Get Todd Carney drunk and in trouble and then No Australian club wants him.
The Warriors get Todd Carney.

Man you guys are sly and devious ;)

Latest posts