What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney decision delayed.

Timbo

Staff member
On Fox sports just now.

According to it, Carney's manager responded to the ultimatum with a three page letter, the contents of which are not being revealed.

A decision will be reached after the game on Sunday.

I don't think we'll ever see him in green again.

Hi All.

Unfortuantely for us Raiders' supporters, Carney has no-one to blame but himself if he is sacked.

On handing the Raiders a three page letter, his manager is kidding himself if he thinks the Raiders' should retract any of their 5 point plan.

All the best,

Master Raider®©

Copa

Bench
if only we could publish on here all the gossip that spreads in canberra about him...

Timbo

Staff member
Don Furner said in the same report that there was no room for negotiation. He accepts it or he's gone.

Chachi

Bench
Meanwhile, David Riolo does jack sh*t about sorting out the underlying problems of his client.

Not once have I heard Carney come out and apologise for what happened. IMO he is in complete denial of his ongoing behaviour. If he refuses the plan and Bronx is sacked he would now have been directly involved in 3 sackings and the worst press in the history of our proud club.

There is a big future for the Canberra Raiders and it will continue with or without Todd Carney.

If he does cut and run then at least we wont have to go through all that contract bullsh*t again in 12 months time. This club does not deserve to be held to ransom by such a selfish player and his geniused manager.

Raider_69

Post Whore
There is a big future for the Canberra Raiders and it will continue with or without Todd Carney.

Spot on

This club will not wither and die without Todd Carney, it will continue to evolve under Furnace as a genuine premiership contender. On the back of Campese, Picker, Tilse, Tongue, Herbert, Justin Carney and then the next crop such as Drury Low, Damian Vidot, Joel Thompson, Jared Croker, Travis Waddell, Nick Skinner, Shaun Fensom and in particular, Josh Dugan and Mick Picker.

the region continues to produce top line talent and the club continues to identify quaility juniors and get them in our system. We're a club that will always been around about, and if things strike at the right time, premierships will follow... With or without todd carney.

Lime_Green

Juniors
At the start of the year I saw Herbert and Campo playing together in Orange and I had this really strong premonition that they were going to be our long term halves combination. Just a really strong feeling I couldn't shake.

This was before we lost Zillman and Dobson, and now likely Carney.

Perhaps the Crookwell Witch was channeling...

Mal Meninga

Bench
Not once have I heard Carney come out and apologise for what happened. IMO he is in complete denial of his ongoing behaviour. If he refuses the plan and Bronx is sacked he would now have been directly involved in 3 sackings and the worst press in the history of our proud club.
Why do we need to play everything through the media? If Carney apologised to Tilse's mate than we don't need a press release stating 'they shook hands' etc. I'm struggling to remember the third player, Irwin, Bronx and ???. I don't know the full situation, but there is no proof that Todd was directly involved in the fight which Bronx was able to nail two seperate people. All i've read is that he was 'held back', which actually prevents any sort of involvement?

Mal Meninga

Bench
if only we could publish on here all the gossip that spreads in canberra about him...
What's stoping you? Everyone else seems to do it :lol:

I await Bronx Goodwin's 5 point plan. My prediction is 50 years alcohol ban, 10 years desk job without pay...

cooba

Juniors
She was channelling Lime Green and those that follow these posts will remember the Crookwell witch giving a big rap to Herbie as our future. If Carney does pull the pin, he wants to remember what happened to Finch after the witch put the mokka on him. toddy she's for real, think carefully before you pull the pin!!!

She was channelling Lime Green and those that follow these posts will remember the Crookwell witch giving a big rap to Herbie as our future. If Carney does pull the pin, he wants to remember what happened to Finch after the witch put the mokka on him. toddy she's for real, think carefully before you pull the pin!!!

The Crookwell Witch? Please explain!

I've seen The Green Devils out there (I was there in the late 8o's) but didn't know there was a witch!

Cryptic

Juniors
f**k me... This is really beyond a joke now... I was always a really big Todd Carney fan and I was looking forward to having yet another home grown talent killing it in the big league but how long can you f**king drag this on? You can't tell me this won't be playing on the rest of the teams mind and that is NOT what they need away against the Broncos...

It's just total f**king arrogance to ask ANYTHING... It's like being caught stealing from someones house then asking if they would be so nice as to give you a lift home as it's heavy... Where does he get off asking for ANYTHING from this club... Bend over and f**king take it you little bitch... You reap what you f**king sow...

Chachi

Bench
Why do we need to play everything through the media? If Carney apologised to Tilse's mate than we don't need a press release stating 'they shook hands' etc. I'm struggling to remember the third player, Irwin, Bronx and ???. I don't know the full situation, but there is no proof that Todd was directly involved in the fight which Bronx was able to nail two seperate people. All i've read is that he was 'held back', which actually prevents any sort of involvement?
Irwin, Goodwin and...drum roll...Todd Carney.

You can defend him all you like. My opinion is he is a bottom feeder who will probably run away from his problems. I'm absolutely sick to death of him ruining my enjoyment of following my beloved team who I have supported since 1982. As R_69 said, if we play our cards right I think our club will go from strength to strength without the sort of distraction he seems to bring on us every year. I think the players also need to get over the fact he's as good as gone.

I said earlier this season that, barring injury, Zilly was a bigger loss than Todd will be. Todd Carney is a ticking time bomb who derailed our last season and lo and behold has done the same thing again with his braindead antics.

Give me an honest team player any day.

The club has a case to answer for with this situation as they have blown wind up the kids arse since he was 16 so he now thinks he's bullet proof. What's next? A broken jaw for some bloke or a sexual assault allegation? I would be heartbroken if a player from my club was involved in something like that. Mark my words that is where he is heading if he doesn't do something drastic about fixing his issues. Leave that sh*t to the Bulldogs, Cowboys and Tigers.

I respect your opinion M M, and in an ideal world Carney would shape up and make amends but enough is enough for me. I no longer care what Todd Carney does - as long as it isn't ruining the club I love. Life goes on.

Last edited:
How do you get 3 pages from a YES or NO answer. This worries me a little , Todd or probably its Riolo are stating a case against the 5 step plan, when the club has come out saying its not negotiable. The club has to stand firm , and you'll find the majority will support its decision. I just hope the NRL steps in if we have to sack Todd.
I want Todd to stay but that means he accepts the plan to get his life in order , if he doesnt then he doesnt want to sort it out and doesnt want to be a Raider , then I would gladly say goodbye to Todd.

edabomb

First Grade
The club was a bit silly publicly stating it as non-negotiable IMO. When it's a player of Carney's talent there has to be some leeway.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The club was a bit silly publicly stating it as non-negotiable IMO. When it's a player of Carney's talent there has to be some leeway.

The club has to be seen taking a firm stance on the matter I guess.

I don't think this has been handled well at all though.

edabomb

First Grade
The club has to be seen taking a firm stance on the matter I guess.

I don't think this has been handled well at all though.

Yea I agree, they didn't need to make such absolute statements though. I just hope they can come to an agreement.

Timbo

Staff member

Totally disagree.

Don Furner - "yes, we're willing to negotiate"
Riolo - "Todd still wants to get wasted every weekend. Otherwise he walks".

Latest posts