What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney decision delayed.

Bay56

First Grade
... and I'll add further that my initial impression of watching a game or two of Herbert at SL indicates to me he is one of my biggest disappointments ... he just has not come on from what I saw of him in junior grades some three seasons back.

Engine

Juniors
Carney is offering a clayton's apology. If he really was sorry, he'd fully accept the five point plan.

Difficult decision for the club to make. I can't fault them either way really.

Bay56

First Grade
Carney is offering a clayton's apology. If he really was sorry, he'd fully accept the five point plan.

Difficult decision for the club to make. I can't fault them either way really.

So what does Carney have to gain from a "clayton's apology" mate.

If he gets the sack it gives him an out to earn some big $$$ in the easier ESL.

Carney is a Raider and wants to stay a Raider ... he'll probably still stay if management persists with the suspension.

In making a decision management unfortunately will be stuck between a rock and a hard place ... between keeping a sponsor or two and some fickly supporters happy and winning football games.

As I said last time around the suspension will not make Carney a better person ... and most importantly we are a football club not a rehab centre, albeit I applaud management for attempting to assist their star player in getting his act together.

How can I not compare other players misgivings with this Timbo? Every man and his dog knew about johns and yet nothing was ever...ever done about it. I can't fathom why people that know this think we should be getting rid of this kid, Id rather see him through his problems and become a better person and player here than somewhere else

Timbo

Staff member
If the Canberra Raiders were an accountancy firm and Carney was our best accountant and he'd done everything wrong that he's done, he'd have been sacked long ago.

We're not a halfway house and the fact is if it was Ben Jones arking up like this noone would want to help him, everyone would be calling for his head on a pike.

If the Canberra Raiders were an accountancy firm and Carney was our best accountant and he'd done everything wrong that he's done, he'd have been sacked long ago.

We're not a halfway house and the fact is if it was Ben Jones arking up like this noone would want to help him, everyone would be calling for his head on a pike.

And???

He's not an accountant, he's a rugby league player, a talented one at that, he also happens to be a player we cant afford to lose, because if he goes, we're pretty much f**ked if campese or herbert get injured.

Having said that, you completely missed my point or didnt bother reading what I said, Johns wasn't sacked for being a druggie through his career (who cares if he admitted it afterwards, his club knew and so did everyone else), we shouldn't sack carney either.

Cryptic

Juniors
Timbo, I agree Carney shouldn't get away with it but on the John's thing that's 100 times WORSE... At least Carney is facing it in some way... Hiding away from the problem like Johns and the Knights did should get the entire club f**king kicked out of the league for a while... Hell is John's had pissed on someone and charges were pressed at least they would have evidence he had been using... In fact that maybe the only reason he didn't do it... John's was a total f**kwit and a drugo... Don't even try to compair him to Carney... At least Carney isn't supporting some dealer and his suppliers...

And f**k me I know I said I was pissed at Carney but after seeing Herbert blow everything on the field but the ref... I agree Carney needs to be punished but if the three page reply is worded something along the lines of please don't punish the team and the fans then I'm all for him coming back this year as I would have to agree and it's obviously effecting their performance too...

badav

Bench
Timbo, I agree Carney shouldn't get away with it but on the John's thing that's 100 times WORSE...

Time to get back to reality.

Drink driving is far worse than taking an ecstacy tablet.

Im sure Canberra would have tried to cover it up if they could too. Unforutnately Steve Irwin turned out to be a snitch and sqeals at every opportunity.

Cryptic

Juniors
We are talking about the current incident not the past ones... I know a lot of people who have been done for drink driving and yes they are all f**king idiots but I doubt it will cost them their jobs...

And no one was hurt with that... Can you say 100% that no one was ever hurt by the drug trafficing that John's helped support? Not to meantion this is about League and he is a f**king drug cheat... Please show me where drinking has helped someone on the field, I know drugs certainly can/do... f**k they never caught him for that one so who is to say he wasn't doping up on roids as well... A few other players of the same time period and club got done for it...

Chachi

Bench
I'm glad he came out with the letter. Not sure if he is 100% sorry, but for me the key thing in the punishment is a desire from within Carney to hold off the alcohol for a while.

If he is dead set serious about sorting his sh*t out then that is the crucial factor. The fine, community service and counselling really means nothing. If the players want him back in the team then maybe something could be sorted out there...but again, the fundamental issue here is his behavour on the drink. That is where the focus needs to be.

mellowfellow

Juniors
Fact is, the Raiders are a better team with Carney in it. A two-game suspensions already been served. If they don't feel they'll lose too much face, management will probably say something along the lines of that he's been punished enough, they'll work through the problem together, etc etc.
Carney to be named in this week's game....

bluesbreaker

Bench
Get f**ked you clown. On what alternate planet do E's improve on field performance? All they would do is dehydrate you.

Hi All.

I was just informed that David Riolo was on radio station 2UE in Sydney and that the decision has been put back yet again until this Thursday.

All the best,

Master Raider®©

Cryptic

Juniors
E's where what he was caught with... I've heard of a lot of other things he put in his body... Some of them uppers which DO help you on the field...

And either way we are compairing someone doing something legal (drinking) they HAVEN'T been charged with verses something totally illegal (drugs) they did get charged with....

Latest posts