What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney in trouble again???

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Just heard on 2GB that an unnamed Canberra player with a previous offences is in trouble again. Awaiting press release from club. From description given it is Todd Carney

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
They just said both him and Irwin were involved and have been suspended indefinatly. Raiders will struggle without Carney.

parra pete

Referee
According to ABC, he bolted away from police when pulled over after doing burn outs. He is a suspended driver.
If he got in a car and drove it would be my assumption..and I have no evidence or heard anything - to suggest he was.....Pissed.
Grog makes people 10ft and bullet proof.

dio

Juniors
how does your team song go again (sorry looks back for you guys, waste of talent)

Raider Ultra

Bench
From that ABC report it does appear Carney was the driver. Not sure if he'll get locked up, as he'll be going to the soft ACT courts. If he did it in NSW he'd be gone. His Raiders future is looking extremely shaky. Elliott has already been sniffing around Carney saying if the Raiders give him the boot the Panthers would love to have him.

edabomb

First Grade
Carney was given a very serious warning that if he came back to court he'd be locked up though. I reckon it's a sure thing.

Edwahu

Bench
edabomb said:
Carney was given a very serious warning that if he came back to court he'd be locked up though. I reckon it's a sure thing.

If this happened in Goulbourn like the last one, that would be true. They are a bit softer in Canberra though, especially if no alchohol was involved.

perverse

Referee
go on guys kick him out. i daresay the knights will throw a whole bundle of money at the kid if you do.

carney and mullen in the halves.. mmm.. recipe for future success.

having said that i think the chances are slim that you'll let him go that easily... could very well have a big future.

raider_at_heart

Juniors
From the raiders website:

Canberra Raiders players Todd Carney and Steve Irwin have been suspended by the club, after being involved in a traffic incident in the ACT.

The incident occurred on Friday May 18, and the matter is now under investigation by ACT policing.

Both players will be unavailable for selection until the matter has been resolved.

Canberra Raiders CEO Simon Hawkins said the club would investigate the matter.

“The Raiders are working with ACT Policing and now need to let the investigation take its course,” Hawkins said. “Until this time both players have been suspended indefinitely and their future with the club will be determined at a later date.”

The NRL has been informed about the incident.

mongoose

Coach
good lord, what a numbskull.

I guess it might be time to move Zillman into the 5/8 position.

julian87

Juniors
OMG.

This really sucks. We have to retain them no matter what though. Carney is our future. Through and through.

innsaneink

Referee
perverse said:
go on guys kick him out. i daresay the knights will throw a whole bundle of money at the kid if you do.

carney and mullen in the halves.. mmm.. recipe for future success.

having said that i think the chances are slim that you'll let him go that easily... could very well have a big future.

He'd go even better with benji...and he could share cabs to training with Gibbs.

raider_at_heart

Juniors
This must be the hardest decision this club will ever make.

The logical decision would be to sack him but it will leave the club on shaky grounds.
With Dobson off contract if will lose both of these guys we are f*cked.

For the future of the club we have to keep him.

innsaneink

Referee
raider_at_heart said:
This must be the hardest decision this club will ever make.

The logical decision would be to sack him but it will leave the club on shaky grounds.
With Dobson off contract if will lose both of these guys we are f*cked.

For the future of the club we have to keep him.

The club may not have a say in the matter.

Raider Ultra

Bench
innsaneink said:
The club may not have a say in the matter.
Yes, it would be grossly inconsistent for Naiqama not to be de-registered, and Carney to be. As he did this in the ACT, I doubt he'll get a full time jail term. If he did it in NSW is another matter.