What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney injury

BWNB

First Grade
http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/carney-injured-as-dragons-breathe-fire-228276

Cronulla superstar Todd Carney suffered a sprained foot as St George Illawarra posted their maiden win of the season with an upset 25-12 victory in front of 20,130 raucous fans at Sharks Stadium.

Carney sent a major scare through the Sharks camp when he had to be helped from the field by two trainers in the 34th minute after falling awkwardly in a two-man tackle.

The 26-year-old told a trainer he heard a noise in his right foot but medical staff quickly allayed fears the five-eighth had re-injured the Achilles that ended his 2012 season.

He contemplated returning in the second half but instead spent the rest of the game on the sidelines with his foot in an ice bucket as the Sharks suffered their second loss of the campaign

chewsta

First Grade
They did say in the second half that it was a sprained, mid foot injury and that he was considering coming back on for the first ten minutes after half time but decided not too.

Feej

First Grade
Glad he didn't - We didn't look like winning that game at any time tonight.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Looked like a syndesmosis injury to me at the game. Was never concerned it was his achilles. Wrong forces through the leg.

Hope it is only a foot sprain.

They'll check him for a Lisfrancs too no doubt.

Madsharkie

First Grade
I think it was on the nrl site I read that he heard something snap!! Thankfully it was his orthotic! Apparently a lot of force down through the foot.

webShark

Haha! Should've run on last night and smashed soward, battered!

I was in Bay 5 front row. Some guys were giving it to Soward big time. One guy came down to the front both times he converted. Hilarious. Adjectives such arse , fat and and fagg$t sprayed at him. Creagh got given it too big time. ''Hodges is behind you , time to run' plus other choice stuff. Highlight of the day in a day of few highlights. Even Frizzell got told 'Don't show your face in the Shire' . Chief sledger was a guy in blue Hurley T Shirt. Great entertainment, or at least I thought so.

Didnt stop fat a$&( kicking the conversions but clearly upset him. He was fuming.

Last edited:

St_Jubbsy

Staff member
Yeah that was great - Soward made the tosser look like a complete tool when he slotted both conversions.

And Frizzell just laughed at the grub as he left the field.

dubopov

Coach
I was in Bay 5 front row. Some guys were giving it to Soward big time. One guy came down to the front both times he converted. Hilarious. Adjectives such arse , fat and and fagg$t sprayed at him. Creagh got given it too big time. ''Hodges is behind you , time to run' plus other choice stuff. Highlight of the day in a day of few highlights. Even Frizzell got told 'Don't show your face in the Shire' . Chief sledger was a guy in blue Hurley T Shirt. Great entertainment, or at least I thought so.

Didnt stop fat a$&( kicking the conversions but clearly upset him. He was fuming.

throwing stuff at soward was disgraceful .. people responsible should be banned ..

webShark

throwing stuff at soward was disgraceful .. people responsible should be banned ..

For missing him? Soward brings a lot of it on himself. Arrogant f**k. Toss up between him and Hasler for my most disliked NRL personality.

Throwing a plastic blue ball nowhere near him is worse than verbally abusing him?

dragons21

First Grade
question.. how does soward bring it on himself?
plays with passion for his team, aint a dirty player, lead his team to a premiership...etc

The throwing of any object onto a playing arena- especially at/near someone lining up a crucial conversion is a disgrace. Can you imagine if it was a canterbury supporter? or a western sydney wanderers supporter throwing something at a player as they lined up a free kick? would be first story on the news...

PHaTMaN

Juniors
I dont agree with throwing objects, but can you honestly not see how he brings it on himself?