What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney signs with sharks

Joely01

Bench
Goodluck to Carney, and good luck to the sharkies.

I dont follow Carneys personal life, i follow him as a Rugby League player, and jeez he has some talent. I think this will be a great signing for the Sharks.

Ozzy

First Grade
Oh and as for why the club signed him... its very simple.

Carney is expected tp f**k up by everyone in rl, if he does the $ stops and he knows it, it is in his contract.

This is a win win for cronulla, he will put bums on seats from rnd1 guaranteed, he is an attacking player the club needs, sponsors etc were spoken to about it. This time the club crossed the t's and dotted the i's.

Fact is he is a talent, the sharks are in trouble financially and everything hinges on the march announcment... if that is a yes the place will explode when the footy starts and the wins will be there thanks to this acquisition.
I really hope it works out for him. It would be a shame to see all that talent wasted.

snoozer

Bench

I dont follow Carneys personal life, i follow him as a Rugby League player, and jeez he has some talent. I think this will be a great signing for the Sharks.
jaysus - someone who see's through the media bullshit!

if he farks up - he's gone - he knows that.

now let the season begin.

CHOOOOOOOMPP

Chomp_Chocolate_Bar.jpg

He was in a similar situation at the Roosters and guess what? he f**ked up.

I guess no matter how low you go, there's always someone willing to sign you.

sydraider

First Grade
Hated him at the roosters, Im hoping he does well at the sharks, maybe due to the fact I think an inform carney can help NSW win SOO

adamkungl

Immortal
He was in a similar situation at the Roosters and guess what? he f**ked up.

I guess no matter how low you go, there's always someone willing to sign you.

Nearly won a comp though. 40 mins away...if the second half of that game went differently he would be forever a god in the Eastern Suburbs, no matter what he did.

Nearly won a comp though. 40 mins away...if the second half of that game went differently he would be forever a god in the Eastern Suburbs, no matter what he did.

40 minutes away from a premiership, yet couldn't motivate himself to have another big year.

POPEYE

Coach
Good to see the Sharks don't expect Carney to behave like a saint and saviour to cover up any ineptitude by the coach.

Maybe when he is not expected to carry the team by on-field coaching he can get on with being a playmaker only and survive the full season at his best.

Ozzy

First Grade
Good to see the Sharks don't expect Carney to behave like a saint and saviour to cover up any ineptitude by the coach.

Maybe when he is not expected to carry the team by on-field coaching he can get on with being a playmaker only and survive the full season at his best.
On field coaching? Not at the Roosters and I doubt at Canberra. Maybe at Atherton.

KiamaSaint

Coach

I guess the point some are making is that the Sharks can't really afford another "f**k" up. If Carney gets it together, the Shark management are legends, if he doesn't then the Shark fans would rightfully be calling for heads to roll. It is a big gamble but surely it has got to be better than sitting on one's hands waiting for the reaper to come knocking.

DJShaksta

First Grade
If Carney farks up, sharks fans will blame Carney.
Management won't shoulder the blame, they did a great job getting him, won't be their fault if he screws up.

Lewis

Juniors

Good stuff and I agree. If Carney can let his football speak for him next year he's going to make the Roosters and their prima donna management look really stupid.