What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney signs with sharks

Charlie124

First Grade
Todd Carney is a complete train wreck and im very glad the rumour about him coming to the Cowboys didn't eventuate. I hope for the Sharks sake that this turns into a great signing for them, he cleans up his act and brings them some success but for Todd's sake, i couldnt care less about him.

Todd Carney, a dim young fellow who has had 45 chances, including 5 last chances, now on his actual last chance with Cronulla, a desperate club facing the very real prospect of not having a side in the NRL in 3 years time.

This may be the perfect combination of attributes required to bring success to both parties.

Fingerbang

Bench
Todd Carney, a dim young fellow who has had 45 chances, including 5 last chances, now on his actual last chance with Cronulla, a desperate club facing the very real prospect of not having a side in the NRL in 3 years time.

This may be the perfect combination of attributes required to bring success to both parties.
GI...is that you?

Todd Carney is a complete train wreck and im very glad the rumour about him coming to the Cowboys didn't eventuate. I hope for the Sharks sake that this turns into a great signing for them, he cleans up his act and brings them some success but for Todd's sake, i couldnt care less about him.

L what the f**k would you know? The guy loves a drink like 90% of people his age

Charlie124

First Grade
L what the f**k would you know? The guy loves a drink like 90% of people his age

90% of people his age don't have extremely high paying jobs that only ask him to keep his thick head out of the headlines. He's had eleventy-five chances and even more second chances. If my boss came to me and said "Your job is in the public eye, Ill pay you more money than most young guys ever dream of and all you have to do is not be a complete deadbeat when you're out in public" I wouldn't need to be told twice.

The NRL doesn't have an alcohol ban on its players, and it doesn't need one because most players (and most people in general) don't turn into massive tools when they're out on the piss. Todd Carney is clearly not one of those people.

90% of people his age don't have extremely high paying jobs that only ask him to keep his thick head out of the headlines. He's had eleventy-five chances and even more second chances. If my boss came to me and said "Your job is in the public eye, Ill pay you more money than most young guys ever dream of and all you have to do is not be a complete deadbeat when you're out in public" I wouldn't need to be told twice.

The NRL doesn't have an alcohol ban on its players, and it doesn't need one because most players (and most people in general) don't turn into massive tools when they're out on the piss. Todd Carney is clearly not one of those people.

His income hasn't got shit to do with anything and his life isn't falling apart either.

Life must be pretty slow where you live if you think TC is wild.

I don't get this signing. Cronulla have been stung probably more than any other club over the past 5 years by players f**king up off the field, yet they go out and sign probably the biggest bonehead of them all. Sure, the guy didn't do much wrong this year (apart from breaking a few promises and a low range DUI), but it's more the fact that he can't control himself and play by the rules.

Yes, the guy represented Australia, played in the grand final and won a Dally M, yet he couldn't motivate himself to have another big year. Does he even care? Take any other young player in the comp and tell them they are set to make their origin debut in 2012 and they will increase their intensity and focus dramatically, they did it with Carney and he went the other way. I hope this doesn't bite the Sharks in the butt, but I believe it will. Good luck to them I guess (they'll need it).

carcharias

Immortal
Most blokes I know do worse than him every weekend.
Some are rich some are not, the difference is they don't have
Fuggers from the tele following them 24/7 making something out of nothing.
Have a look at pic of him leaving a pub
really? Not like he was being chucked out

Ausguy

Coach
I don't get this signing. Cronulla have been stung probably more than any other club over the past 5 years by players f**king up off the field, yet they go out and sign probably the biggest bonehead of them all. Sure, the guy didn't do much wrong this year (apart from breaking a few promises and a low range DUI), but it's more the fact that he can't control himself and play by the rules.

Yes, the guy represented Australia, played in the grand final and won a Dally M, yet he couldn't motivate himself to have another big year. Does he even care? Take any other young player in the comp and tell them they are set to make their origin debut in 2012 and they will increase their intensity and focus dramatically, they did it with Carney and he went the other way. I hope this doesn't bite the Sharks in the butt, but I believe it will. Good luck to them I guess (they'll need it).

Least he hasn't bashed a chick... twice.

Ausguy

Coach
Oh and as for why the club signed him... its very simple.

Carney is expected tp f**k up by everyone in rl, if he does the $ stops and he knows it, it is in his contract.

This is a win win for cronulla, he will put bums on seats from rnd1 guaranteed, he is an attacking player the club needs, sponsors etc were spoken to about it. This time the club crossed the t's and dotted the i's.

Fact is he is a talent, the sharks are in trouble financially and everything hinges on the march announcment... if that is a yes the place will explode when the footy starts and the wins will be there thanks to this acquisition.

badav

Bench
How many times has Todd been done for DUI?

3. Including at least one mid range that had other stuff to go with it when he got nabbed doing burnouts in Goulburn. I think he's very lucky he hasn't been in.

There's plenty worse than Todd Carney out there, but it would be hard to deny hes a slow (non) learner, not to mention had chances that most people wouldn't get. Plenty of people in the real world lose their jobs after 1 DUI.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
All sorts of people get done DUI .
I saw a priest went high range this week.
TBH I would be more concerned about what he gets up to off the field.

Latest posts