What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney to quit Chooks within 48 hours

Chook Norris

First Grade
a post from a roosters forum

The truth is and god I've been biting my lip due to everyone saying " another rumor" is that Todd has been told he will be cut, he has received offers from cronulla, souths and the cowboys. He does not want to play against us so is trying to get a unique deal happening. He hates Sydney but loves the roosters. Todd carney and his manager have asked the roosters to keep him on the books at a low rate so not to disrupt cap but keep him on while he goes to French rugby for a year. Brian smith and carney do not speak, he wants to come back after that one year. He thinks smith will be sacked as all the players can't stand him and he can come back like nothing Happened
This is from the horses mouth and I have said I don't agree. He thinks everyone still loves him. We don't need him. After tonight we showed what spirit was, he ll never understand that!!!

Cliffhanger

Coach
I don't feel Todd Carney disrespected us fans, the Alcohol ban is a stupid idea especially when somebody like Carney is in the team. Think about it, Carney has a drinking problem, forcing him to quit won't work, like with any other addiction you have to cut it out for yourself, doing it because you feel you have to won't work, you have to feel as if you have the choice and want to.

Things have gone wrong for him this season so he fell into old habits, falling into old habits got him into trouble and lead to a media lynching of him causing him to feel more low and drink more.

What worries me is the two times Carney was caught out drinking there were other players with him.

Cletus

First Grade
Sad really, i can't judge him though. The media in this country is an absolute disgrace and I'm sure they will find a new whipping boy

I tend to agree about the latest "outrage" where he had a few beers, but he's had three DUIs and taken the cops on a high speed chase, pissed on someone, smashed some shit up in Goulbourn and has some really bad tattoos. It's not like the media could miss him. It's a shame though because he's an outstanding player. Maybe he could come back in a few years.

Cliffhanger

Coach
a post from a roosters forum

Person who posted that is an idiot and is missing the big picture, of course performances like this will do against low quality opposition, but you need more than high morale and a lot of ticker to win matches, you need some f**king creativity in attack which is something we don't have with our current half pairing. How many good sets tonight were finished up poorly due to a lack of creativity from our halves?

Loudstrat

Coach
Well Smith has been no angel either apparently.
No doubt. His role in Jamie Lyon leaving us for instance. Or Tallis leaving St George. Still, Politis would have known when he signed Smith.

I doubt of we would be talking about this if Carney had another boom year though. Trouble is, we are, and while his form has been poor it's his lack of self discipline that is doing the damage.

Cliffhanger

Coach
No doubt. His role in Jamie Lyon leaving us for instance. Or Tallis leaving St George. Still, Politis would have known when he signed Smith.

I doubt of we would be talking about this if Carney had another boom year though. Trouble is, we are, and while his form has been poor it's his lack of self discipline that is doing the damage.
Smith is no good with troubled kids, Tim Smith comes to mind as another one who could have gone far if Smith knew how to help.

Politis was desperate and Smith was pretty much the best option available at the time.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't feel Todd Carney disrespected us fans, the Alcohol ban is a stupid idea especially when somebody like Carney is in the team. Think about it, Carney has a drinking problem, forcing him to quit won't work, like with any other addiction you have to cut it out for yourself, doing it because you feel you have to won't work, you have to feel as if you have the choice and want to.

Things have gone wrong for him this season so he fell into old habits, falling into old habits got him into trouble and lead to a media lynching of him causing him to feel more low and drink more.

What worries me is the two times Carney was caught out drinking there were other players with him.

The rules were pretty simple, we'll let you play if you behave and he simply didn't take the right steps to do that.

Yes, the Roosters didn't handle Carney appropriately, but you can only do so much.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Sad really, i can't judge him though. The media in this country is an absolute disgrace and I'm sure they will find a new whipping boy

Dreadful isn't it - the way Rupert Murdoch would drag Toddy to the pub & pour beers down his throat.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Dreadful isn't it - the way Rupert Murdoch would drag Toddy to the pub & pour beers down his throat.

knowin the morals of uncle ruperts company they probably got a hold of a few of toddy's voice mails to make sure they knew where he was, of wait for a taxi phone through the next exclusive.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Is this his real account?:

tcarney06 Todd Carney @

@elysewatson as I said it's out of my hands guys.. I'd love to be rooster for life it's not up to me now

5 minutes ago

tcarney06 Todd Carney

Thanks loyal roosters fans for the support :)

8 minutes ago

tcarney06 Todd Carney @

@mushi006 I don't wanna leave but its out of my control mate thanks for the support

14 minutes ago

tcarney06 Todd Carney

Good win boys!!! Friendy on fire 2 tries thankyou!!!

The thing is it was in his hands..

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Pretty gutted if true. He could have had it all...

Mundine left to pursue pro boxing at the same age.

Maybe Carney can go on the professional line locker circuit. Or with his pace and previous form, the do a runner from the cops and blame ya mate tour. Or jump on a car on the street masters circuit. Or piss on a strangers leg at the pub circuit. Or the bark at women like a dog circuit. Maybe he could try and break Wes Naiqamas record for longest licence suspension (tough one, but our boy Todd, he's gifted)

He's obviously blind drunk and not responsible for his actions in any case.

Or, he could try and get banned from every town in Australia :idea:

Now we're talking. Todd Carney's future is in reality TV. He's already well drilled in Twitter. Maybe he could do the whole show in his undies. And get the name of the town he's banned from in a mis-spelt tatt on his back.

Before you other bastards jump in, I bags this idea as mine and mine only.

Anyone got David Riolo's number?

We're gonna make a mint out of this.

Last edited:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Mundine left to pursue pro boxing at the same age.

Maybe Carney can go on the professional line locker circuit. Or with his pace and previous form, the do a runner from the cops and blame ya mate tour. Or jump on a car on the street masters circuit. Or piss on a strangers leg at the pub circuit. Or the bark at women like a dog circuit. Maybe he could try and break Wes Naiqamas record for longest licence suspension (tough one, but our boy Todd, he's gifted)

He's obviously blind druck and not responsible for his actions in any case.

Or, he could try and get banned from every town in Australia :idea:

Now we're talking. Todd Carney's future is in reality TV. He's already well drilled in Twitter. Maybe he could do the whole show in his undies. And get the name of the town he's banned from in a mis-spelt tatt.

Before you pther bastards jump in, I bags this idea as mine and mine only.

Anyone got David Riolo's number?

We're gonna make a mint out of this.

he'd probably take you up on it. same manager was on triple M day after all the new shit happened suggesting a marry todd carney segment.

Loudstrat

Coach
Well if the Smith rumour is true, imagine Brian Smith being your step father!!!!!

Then again, we know he'd never consummate - he always peaks before the final event.......

Cliffhanger

Coach
Well if the Smith rumour is true, imagine Brian Smith being your step father!!!!!

Then again, we know he'd never consummate - he always peaks before the final event.......

:lol:

Honestly if the rumour is true then it is no wonder Carney has been so shit this season.

Latest posts