What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney

If Carney is out ??
Graham not to 5/8 each time he has played there offered nothing.
Lewis maybe can play anywhere but no kicking game
Townsend not the best player but is a 5/8
Peachey well this would be a gamble

We are in serious trouble

Don't be so glum. We Only need to score one point to beet Manly.

Card Shark

Immortal
I think carney will play next week.

Probably shouldn't but probably will.

Geez his kicking game was off early on tonight - made the comment he had Vaseline on his boots he was spraying them so much.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Carney was poor
Kicks were awful and that intercept was his only try assist
He was the weakest defender

If he is injured he shouldn't play
Lewis missed 6 tackles to Carney's 3.

Lewis made 3 tackles more than Carney (21 to 18)

Bukuya had 4 missed tackles and made 22.

Gallen and Graham both missed 3 as well.

But for mine, Jonathon Wright was the worst. Had bugger all traffic run at him yet he still was a liability in the defensive line and defending kicks. Feki saved his arse many times during the game.

spider

Coach
missed tackles can be an ambiguous measure - a fullback bouncing off a kick chase attempt as opposed to a tagatesse run straight through line

carney was on the field but never really playing and probably shouldn't have played injured

Lewis needs to be 5/8 next week - he is our best option in context of the game and the opponent next week

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Agree spider, cant see Carney being fit to play and Lewis should be the 6. Manly will play a physical game and having Pom and Lewey defending side by side would give me confidence. Only problem is maybe his kicking game.

I dont agree Carney was never really playing though, he took the line on a few times and looked alight for the first 60 mins or so. He was never 100% but given he was almost right I cant fault the decision to play him.

Craigshark

First Grade
Carney placed two of probably our best kicks when needed in to touch inside their 10, in the last 5 minutes.. He wasn't a passenger. He had a normal game for himself in defence.

Craigshark

First Grade
Actually, on top of that he also reefed a few long kicks into space in the last 20 minutes, where Lewis was the main chaser, which we needed to get out of our half, as our forwards weren't going anywhere, mainly due to the Cowboys standing 3 metres offside.. Not a big game player.. Pffttt.. Imagine him on two legs.

Latest posts