What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cartman Parker just wants respect from everybody

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Agree with the last part.

Not sure if it has been worse than previous years, or if there's only so many times the media can rehash the same beat-ups, but it has been a massive bore and I have found myself tuning out. The football itself is still must watch.

Agreed - it is a massive, fabricated f**king borefest in the media now. Rather than long-time respected football journalists, it's every man and his dog (ie that woman who did the 60 Minutes article) digging up shit for ratings/clicks/$.

SOO passion used to be real, it doesn't feel that way anymore. I am a Kiwi mind you but I'm getting bored of it all.

Canard

Immortal
Agreed - it is a massive, fabricated f**king borefest in the media now. Rather than long-time respected football journalists, it's every man and his dog (ie that woman who did the 60 Minutes article) digging up shit for ratings/clicks/$.

SOO passion used to be real, it doesn't feel that way anymore. I am a Kiwi mind you but I'm getting bored of it all.

Nah its always been batshit crazy stuff. Try to find some old RLW for context.

The problems seems to be that the fans take it more "seriously" now, rather than treating it for what it is.

It used to be more tongue in cheek.

I've always ignored that stuff, I don't even bother watching the build up, I just flick over before the kick off and go from there.

betcats

Referee
Its always a crazy build up now with social media things just get insane. Its also the most heated games we have seen since punching was outlawed. With the exception of JTs little meltdown last series there hasn't really been as much feeling as this between the players I mean.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
What is this obsession with trying to pin Broncos idiots on other members as alias accounts? I cop it all the time.

Stranga

Juniors
Why wouldn't Parker want respect? The best player on the best team that have now won 9 of 10 SOO series.

Whereas Klemenar is just a typical NSW plodder, a nobody who will fade away into irrelevance.

Or even worse, they'll keep him around to torture their fans for a while, a la Scott and Woods.

Parker = the man.

:lol: :lol:

Canard

Immortal
What is this obsession with trying to pin Broncos idiots on other members as alias accounts? I cop it all the time.

It was a clear joke. See smiley face.

If it's any solace I would never accuse you of it, you're style is too obvious.

As for Klemmer. LOLZ poor guy was never going to live up to that Carl Webbing

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Parker is an absolute freakshow. He looks like George Clooney but plays like a Terminator. The Bulldogs forwards are gonna need to be on their game on saturday