What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cartman Parker just wants respect from everybody

Snappy

Coach
How about when you're a 'never have' you shouldn't call legends of the game 'hasbeen'

now that's arrogance

thorson1987

Coach
It was a clear joke. See smiley face.

If it's any solace I would never accuse you of it, you're style is too obvious.

As for Klemmer. LOLZ poor guy was never going to live up to that Carl Webbing

Plus most of the other broncos fans have some sort of idea about the game and have been following it longer than 5 years.

Corey Parker Player of the Series

End Thread

Excellent player, had a good series, but stil gives him no right to be expecting "respect" out on the footy field in the heat of battle. That said, another origin win for QLD, so I doubt he could care less about what Klemmer thinks.

Nerd

Bench
Excellent player, had a good series, but stil gives him no right to be expecting "respect" out on the footy field in the heat of battle. That said, another origin win for QLD, so I doubt he could care less about what Klemmer thinks.

Disagree. Parker had every right expecting respect from an Origin rookie. By all means Klemmer should have ran hard and gone for some big hits but mouthing off in your first Origin series is always going to come back to bite you.

Lambretta

First Grade
Disagree. Parker had every right expecting respect from an Origin rookie. By all means Klemmer should have ran hard and gone for some big hits but mouthing off in your first Origin series is always going to come back to bite you.

because when you're fired up and full of the angry juice, you're always going to watch what you say. Especially when you're a deep thinker like Klemmer......

Lambretta

First Grade
I don't respect George Clooney

I do, he was awesome in ER

In fact he was that awesome I respect everyone who was ever named George

Taking that to the next logical step, I don't respect Corey Parker because of

corey_narrowweb__300x367,0.jpg

Last edited:

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
I do, he was awesome in ER

In fact he was that awesome I respect everyone who was ever named George

Taking that to the next logical step, I don't respect Corey Parker because of

corey_narrowweb__300x367,0.jpg

no way, he gave that bitch the respect she deserved when told to take off his glasses and apologize to the nation

it was almost klemmer-esque.

... ok pack it in, thread has reached peak irony.

lynx000

Juniors
Correct me if I am mistaken, but I thought the whole context for the respect comment made by Parker was because Klemmer had mouthed off at Cameron Smith and told him he was too old, past it etc and Parker was suggesting he should show more respect to Smith, not to himself??

ek999

First Grade
Correct me if I am mistaken, but I thought the whole context for the respect comment made by Parker was because Klemmer had mouthed off at Cameron Smith and told him he was too old, past it etc and Parker was suggesting he should show more respect to Smith, not to himself??

No the Smith stuff was from a trial match in 2013 before Klemmer had played first grade. What the incident between Parker and Klemmer was is unknown

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
No the Smith stuff was from a trial match in 2013 before Klemmer had played first grade. What the incident between Parker and Klemmer was is unknown

I mean, sledging the Australian/QLD captain in that manner before making your debut is pretty laughable, but there's no reason for Parker to think Klemmer should respect him when they're both combatants in an Origin game. Best way to deal with that is not to tell him to respect you, it's to reduce him to a dribbling mess and kick his side's arse 52-6.

One thing I do know is that Corey Parker is an absolute beast of a footballer. Don't particularly like him as a human, don't believe Klemmer and co should bow at his altar on field...but f**k me, this guy has an engine like nothing I've ever seen in football. Keeps getting better when you're ready to believe his time is getting near.

Aus_Dog

Juniors
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/st...g-origin-decider/story-fndv2twz-1227435774310

NOT only was he man of the series, but here are the graphic images which show Queensland’s Corey Parker can also lay claim for bite of the series.
Remarkably overlooked by both on-field referees and the NRL match review committee during and after the Maroons 52-6 thumping of NSW on Wednesday night, Parker can be seen biting on the left hand of NSW captain Paul Gallen.
The unnecessary incident raised the ire of NSW officials, given Parker’s public plea for respect from the Blues during the lead-up to the decider.
Parker appeared to bite Blues skipper Gallen.
Paul Gallen allegedly being bitten by Corey Parker during Origin III. Source: News Corp Australia

The cheap chomp occurred with 15 seconds remaining before half time as Parker lumbered forward with the football towards the NSW tryline.
Parker was met in a three-man tackle by NSW defenders Beau Scott, Trent Merrin and Gallen.
TV replays and also these images from The Daily Telegraph photographer Gregg Porteous clearly show Parker pressing down onto Gallen’s left hand with his mouth, as the NSW skipper attempts to climb to his feet.
Moving around to position himself at marker, Gallen is then seen remonstrating with the on-field referees. He points at where he believes he had been bitten, however, the officials failed to react to turn to Gallen’s claims.

Content to leave what happened on the field stay on the field, Gallen was more concerned with the nature of the Blues defeat and refused to comment about the incident on Thursday when contacted by The Daily Telegraph.
An NRL spokesman told us: “There was no official complaint from the player.
“Nevertheless, the Match Review Committee examined the entire sequence of play on video and determined there was no case to answer.”
Parker and Gallen have been teammates for Australia over the past five years.
Blues officials, who were also unwilling to comment publicly, found the incident ironic given Parker’s much-publicised cry for respect following a heated exchange with NSW rookie forward David Klemmer in Origin II at the MCG.
“There’s a lot of passion and pride on the line but from my point of view there was just some disrespect shown and I just pretty much told him that,” Parker said prior to Wednesday night’s Origin III encounter.

Biting is a pretty low act

Someone

Bench
Gallen was forcing Parkers head down with his arm and it went into his mouth. Its a nothing incident.

Gallen and the Match Review Committee both think so too.

Aus_Dog

Juniors
Gallen was forcing Parkers head down with his arm and it went into his mouth. Its a nothing incident.

Gallen and the Match Review Committee both think so too.

Possibly looks worse than what actually happened. Biting is still a low act, even if this was not a "bite" per se

Gallen made no complaint tho so can't really complain that there is no charge

Stranga

Juniors
:lol:

Lol @ Gallen for giving a forearm to the head then trying to get a penalty.

I'll make sure to buy Mr Parker a nice cold one for all you sooks when I see him at the bowls club next.

:lol: :lol:

Latest posts