What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catalan dragons

milton

Juniors
Just watched the game against Warrington, while it is good to see they are doing well there was only 3 Frenchmen in the starting lineup and 7 in the entire squad. I understand they had a few injuries and suspensions but surely there are better players in France than Louis Anderson, Jeff lima and Ben pomeroy.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Just watched the game against Warrington, while it is good to see they are doing well there was only 3 Frenchmen in the starting lineup and 7 in the entire squad. I understand they had a few injuries and suspensions but surely there are better players in France than Louis Anderson, Jeff lima and Ben pomeroy.

Casty would start for sure when over his injury probably about evens betweem the names you mentioned and the french players in the squad. Its a long season and everyone will get a chance. i am happy if yjey win regardless of the makeup of the starting 13 as success breeds intereat which in turn breeds future stars.

geordie_saint

Juniors
A few Frenchmen are starting to turn out for English clubs at the moment across both SL and the Championship. A step in the right direction for French RL...

Lambretta

First Grade
Dureau is a French surname - orignally from Brittany

So that's another one :p

I had the same thought as the original poster, but as others have said, if they continue to do well it will grow interest again and others will get their chance

The main thing is that there is a local / junior competition down there
If there is, then local lads will come through the ranks and get their chance

expansionist

Juniors
I saw the match against Cas and I was shocked actually at how few Frenchmen there were in the squad.

Some of the names they have playing for them can no way be better than French players.

Where is Bosc?

deal.with.it

Juniors
Dont forget elima and pellisier both suspended. So along with casty and bosc there's another 4 starting players

Taking the bigger picture there are more Frenchmen in Super League than ever before...

I posted an article over in the French forum at the start of the season... http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=442924

Outside Catalans there is:

- Kevin Larroyer (Hull KR)
- Boudebza (Hull KR)
- Theo Fages (Salford)
- Mikhael Simon (Wakefield)

There are a couple more in the Championship as well which, as we've learned from the Challenge Cup and that Anglo-Franco Cup, is superior to the Elite League.

Lambretta

First Grade
Carney - if he hadn't had his discipline issues would be welcome at any NRL club

Dureau has impressed me since he moved to Super League - I think being the main man at a team without having the enormous pressure has benefitted him enormously

In Oz we tend to write players off unless they set the World on fire every second week.

He's scored over 600 points in Super League since he's been over there. That's a damn fine record

The Catalans could really go the distance this season

looks like Catalans are investing into the local soccer team and expanding the brand.. Good to see

http://www.ocperpignan.com/01042015/loc-perpignan-deviendra-une-section-foot-des-dragons/
dracs-1140x641.png

Abdelmalik LASRI et Bernard GUASCH se sont entendus, il y a quelques jours, sur la création d’une section « football » au sein des Dragons Catalans.
Le président des Dragons souhaitaient depuis quelques temps développer son club et le transformer en une structure omnisports afin de fédérer les collectivités territoriales et les partenaires privés autour d’un projet ambitieux pour Perpignan.
Le football, avec près de 10 000 licenciés, est le sport le plus pratiqué dans le département et c’est pour cette raison que M. GUASCH a souhaité lancer cette section foot. Pour ne pas partir de zéro, il a proposé au club de l’OC Perpignan un rapprochement dès la saison prochaine.
Ainsi, après avoir effectué les démarches administratives nécessaires, l’OCP intègrera le club de rugby à XIII dans les mêmes conditions que la section amateur de rugby à XIII de St Estève : les changements de nom et d’organigramme seront effectifs dès le 1er juillet 2015, selon les règlements de la FFF.
Une conférence de presse, en présence des 2 présidents et du maire de Perpignan, aura lieu vendredi prochain au Stade Gilbert Brutus pour présenter les détails le projet.

English translation
Abdelmalik LASRI GUASCH and Bernard agreed, there a few days, on the creation of a "football" section within the Catalans Dragons.

dracs it-must-go-as-ca-change-esteem it guasch_419323_516x332Le-president-chairman of the Dragons wanted for some time to develop the club and turn it into a sports structure to bring together local authorities and private partners around an ambitious project to Perpignan.

Football, with almost 10 000 members, is the most popular sport in the department and that is why Mr. GUASCH wanted to launch this football section. Not to start from scratch, he proposed the club OC Perpignan closer next season.

So, after making the necessary administrative procedures, OCP will integrate the rugby league club in the same way that the amateur section Rugby League St Esteve: name changes and organizational structure will be effective as of July 1 2015, according to the regulations of the FFF.

A press conference, attended by the two presidents and the Mayor of Perpignan, will take place next Friday at the Stade Gilbert Brutus to present the details of the project.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Also put wakefield to the sword last night at belle vue. Carney better not flee back to the nrl at the first call, that would annoy me more than any of his past actions

Also put wakefield to the sword last night at belle vue. Carney better not flee back to the nrl at the first call, that would annoy me more than any of his past actions

I'm thinking the same thing.... Catalans give him a chance and the benefit of the doubt, and he's already thinking of leggin'it

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I'm thinking the same thing.... Catalans give him a chance and the benefit of the doubt, and he's already thinking of leggin'it

yep very two faced. if he at least plays out the season i will be reasonably happy but jumping ship mid-season would be reprehensible. Could the club refuse to release him form his contract? i am unsure if the nrl could register a contract if he has an existing contract elsewhere in play

Of course they could deny a release and of course the NRL can't register him without one. Contracts really would mean nothing and the whole system would be a free for all otherwise.

RedVee

First Grade
Does anyone even want him? Serial pest.

If I was Carney I'd be happy to stay in the South of France for a while.