What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catalans in Barcelona again?

SteveM

Juniors
There is no RL in spain except a handful of teams with the usual union players.

The Barcelona game was successful because the Dragons took 13500 fans (not doubt increased due a weekend away with the other half) and the same applies to the 2500 Wire fans.

There was maybe a couple of thousand "locals". ESL should maybe do some development and then get them in in 30 years or so.

RL expansion really is a joke.

There is no RL in spain except a handful of teams with the usual union players.

The Barcelona game was successful because the Dragons took 13500 fans (not doubt increased due a weekend away with the other half) and the same applies to the 2500 Wire fans.

There was maybe a couple of thousand "locals". ESL should maybe do some development and then get them in in 30 years or so.

RL expansion really is a joke.

Who or what are you responding to? :?

nadera78

Juniors
Who or what are you responding to? :?

He's just ranting to himself.

For some people Rugby league can never do anything right, whatever we do will always be worthy of ther derision. It's because they are scared of us, and they realse if we ever get our act together then we would wipe their sh*tty code of the face of the planet. They are so used to having all the privileges of position and rank, and we have to fight for whatever we get. F*ck 'em!

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
The paranoid voices in his head told him to post it... Next time break the prozacs in two, Steve.

Quite funny isn't it, these guys think RL/Les Catalans/Toulouse and the rest have no hope at all, yet they come in here telling us....

I can smell it, can you? :lol:

Steve M, post what you like because it gives me great pleasure to see guys like you hating RL yet posting in this forum ticking it over each and every week.

Rugby XIII steve :D

Quite funny isn't it, these guys think RL/Les Catalans/Toulouse and the rest have no hope at all, yet they come in here telling us....

I could kind of understand their rantings and ravings if anyone on here was making outlandish statements like "Spain is borderline League-mad"... but no one is. Les Catalans in Barcelona was a good move. End of.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I could kind of understand their rantings and ravings if anyone on here was making outlandish statements like "Spain is borderline League-mad"... but no one is. Les Catalans in Barcelona was a good move. End of.

Yep

One thing we have always done here is talk about what is actually happening.

Steve M is looking like a bit of a dope atm again ;-)

Dave The Maori

Juniors

Steve M, post what you like because it gives me great pleasure to see guys like you hating RL yet posting in this forum ticking it over each and every week.

like you tick each day at the planetrugby forum .:lol::lol:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
like you tick each day at the planetrugby forum .:lol::lol:

Not every day Dave, I've only been registered for 2 months and I have not gone into any union thread and ruined them like you guys do here, my posts are all in Rugby League threads.

Dave, if you and Steve want to troll that's up to you, I don't mind just as long as you do your trolling in the right place.

I think it's funny that you guys won't go anywhere near TFC, it's only a forum :lol:

Dave The Maori

Juniors
Not every day Dave, I've only been registered for 2 months and I have not gone into any union thread and ruined them like you guys do here, my posts are all in Rugby League threads.

Dave, if you and Steve want to troll that's up to you, I don't mind just as long as you do your trolling in the right place.

I think it's funny that you guys won't go anywhere near TFC, it's only a forum :lol:
no one can control the bs that goes there . those idiots are far from been cure . :lol:

SteveM

Juniors

I certainly dont hate RL. I just find it´s expansion plans laughable. RL just does not have a plan. I can see why it has not expanded over the years.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
It's happening before your very eyes yet you refuse to see it.

What do you think Les Catalans/Toulouse/Celtic are if they aren't expansion sides for Rugby League?

Have a look at this and tell me none of this is really going on.

http://www.therfl.co.uk/clientdocs/European Federation Newsletter February 2009.pdf

Why are you arguing about this, last week Toulouse got between 2,600-4,200 crowd in a second tier comp, the next day Les Catalans had 8k+.

So you are wrong.

SteveM

Juniors
It's happening before your very eyes yet you refuse to see it.

What do you think Les Catalans/Toulouse/Celtic are if they aren't expansion sides for Rugby League?

Have a look at this and tell me none of this is really going on.

http://www.therfl.co.uk/clientdocs/European Federation Newsletter February 2009.pdf

Why are you arguing about this, last week Toulouse got between 2,600-4,200 crowd in a second tier comp, the next day Les Catalans had 8k+.

So you are wrong.

RL has been in SW France and South Wales for over a hundred years.This is not expansion.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
RL hasn't been played in France for over 100 years.

BTW, could you tell me where you think RL should be expanding to?

And how would you do this?

Thanks.

RL has been in SW France and South Wales for over a hundred years.This is not expansion.

In France Since 1934. Then with a gap from 1940 to 1945. And then it wasn't even allowed to be known as "Rugby" until 1991.

Wales has had Rugby league on and off over the last 100 years. There wasn't even a competition there for about 50 years until the early 2000s.

Celtic and Toulouse/Catalans are examples of the expansion of the fully-professional game. It's huge progress.

Cheezel

Juniors
I certainly dont hate RL. I just find it´s expansion plans laughable. RL just does not have a plan. I can see why it has not expanded over the years.

SteveM,

If you would have made that comment 9 years ago I would back you 100%

But times have changed. For the first time ever, International Rugby League is heading in the right direction.

Plan? Well the recent World Cup and the move to 2013 and then every 4 years after that so it doesn't clash with other World Cups is a start. Four nations, European Cup and South Pacific Cup are also signs that a plan is in place and things are rolling along.

The amount of nations that have taken up Rugby League in the past 9 years is amazing you just need to look at:

www.nospam18.com or www.rugbyleagueinternationalscores.com/

to get an idea of the amount of rugby league that's going on around the world.

Rugby going professional in the late 90's was a wake up call for league. The administrators now realise that the game needs to grow outside the traditional heartlands if League is grow the $$$ coming into the game.

The growth of League in the south of France in the last few years since Catalans jumped into super league has been nothing short of amazing. Now Toulouse are jumping in and the game is just going gang busters.

The growth of league in the Catalan region of Spain in the last year is also very encouraging. When the game is being played in Universities you know it's there to stay. http://www.nospam18.com/RLP/Nations/Catalonia.htm

I suggest you get out of the way SteveM as the freight train known as the "Greatest Game of All" is coming your way! :D

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Don't worry about Steve, he's only posted in here a dozen times or so bitching about something, at least he doesn't hate the game eh?

SteveM

Juniors
SteveM,

If you would have made that comment 9 years ago I would back you 100%

But times have changed. For the first time ever, International Rugby League is heading in the right direction.

Plan? Well the recent World Cup and the move to 2013 and then every 4 years after that so it doesn't clash with other World Cups is a start. Four nations, European Cup and South Pacific Cup are also signs that a plan is in place and things are rolling along.

The amount of nations that have taken up Rugby League in the past 9 years is amazing you just need to look at:

www.nospam18.com or www.rugbyleagueinternationalscores.com/

to get an idea of the amount of rugby league that's going on around the world.

Rugby going professional in the late 90's was a wake up call for league. The administrators now realise that the game needs to grow outside the traditional heartlands if League is grow the $$$ coming into the game.

The growth of League in the south of France in the last few years since Catalans jumped into super league has been nothing short of amazing. Now Toulouse are jumping in and the game is just going gang busters.

The growth of league in the Catalan region of Spain in the last year is also very encouraging. When the game is being played in Universities you know it's there to stay. http://www.nospam18.com/RLP/Nations/Catalonia.htm

I suggest you get out of the way SteveM as the freight train known as the "Greatest Game of All" is coming your way! :D

I admire your confidence.

The game is not going gang busters in France. It´s basically at an all time low.

The Dragons are helping but it very slow growth but growth never the less.