What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catalans in Barcelona again?

coach

What a fantastic crowd. They would have to be impressed with such a great turnup.

Whats the chances of Spain having a team in the Super League anytime soon?

nadera78

Juniors
No chance. It's great that the Dragons are doing work in Barcelona and I had a wonderful weekend over there, it's also great to see teams springing up in Catalonia. But why the constant need to rush things and start talking about SL teams and god-knows what else? Let them crack on with things as they are, slowly-slowly catchy monkey, and build their own domestic competition. And with Catalonia playing rep games too, of course.

Then, several years down the track we can maybe look at some Catalan teams playing against French Elite League clubs. And several years after that we can look at the Challenge Cup as an option too. But let's just leave it there, and focus on small steps.

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
What a fantastic crowd. They would have to be impressed with such a great turnup.

Whats the chances of Spain having a team in the Super League anytime soon?

Depends what you mean by "soon."

Vice President of FC Barcelona was in attendance last Saturday, and was to report back to the President. If FC Barcelona are interested, then they will not be turned down byt the RLEF or the RLF. Why? Because FC Barcelona have the money, the experience and the structures to make any sporting project work.

If that happens probably they will first try to enter a team in the French domestic competition, and then the Championship two or three years afer that, and Super League two or three years after that. So it is probably 4-6 years, plus however long it takes to get a team playing in the French domestic league. So I would say a Barcelona Super League club Super League is 6-9 years from now only if FC Barcelona became interested now. Money and organisation is the key starting point for anything happening. FC Barcelona, which is a multi-sport business entity, has that, along with a lot of business acumen and loads of international prestige.

Last edited:

Dave The Maori

Juniors
Depends what you mean by "soon."

Vice President of FC Barcelona was in attendance last Saturday, and was to report back to the President. If FC Barcelona are interested, then they will not be turned down byt the RLEF or the RLF. Why? Because FC Barcelona have the money, the experience and the structures to make any sporting project work.

If that happens probably they will first try to enter a team in the French domestic competition, and then the Championship two or three years afer that, and Super League two or three years after that. So it is probably 4-6 years, plus however long it takes to get a team playing in the French domestic league. So I would say a Barcelona Super League club Super League is 6-9 years from now only if FC Barcelona became interested now. Money and organisation is the key starting point for anything happening. FC Barcelona, which is a multi-sport business entity, has that, along with a lot of business acumen and loads of international prestige.
fc barcelona have already invested in rugby union with an eye of playing in the heineken cup or ecc .

nadera78

Juniors
fc barcelona have already invested in rugby union with an eye of playing in the heineken cup or ecc .

Not true. FC Barcelona is a sports club, with many teams in a variety of sports. They have professional teams in football, basketball and handball. They also have amateur teams in many other sports, one of which is rugby union.

But if you want to make-believe that they are desperate to be involved in rah rah and take that sport by storm then go for it.

Dave The Maori

Juniors
Not true. FC Barcelona is a sports club, with many teams in a variety of sports. They have professional teams in football, basketball and handball. They also have amateur teams in many other sports, one of which is rugby union.

But if you want to make-believe that they are desperate to be involved in rah rah and take that sport by storm then go for it.
i didn't say they were desperate to be involve in union but they do want to get a team up and running hoping it will be involve in ecc and heineken cup .

http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/english/altres_esports/esports/rugbi/rugbi_equip.html

nadera78

Juniors

Dave The Maori

Juniors
All that link shows it what I said earlier. They are a sports club with teams playing a variety of sports, rugby union being one of them. No idea where you're getting this stuff about 'investing in union'.
let me see . they eventually took over a local rugby union club that has been around for years . change their names to fc barcelona . seem to me that investing .

sam, take your cockoland hat off bro . it would make you a better person .

nadera78

Juniors
let me see . they eventually took over a local rugby union club that has been around for years . change their names to fc barcelona . seem to me that investing .

sam, take your cockoland hat off bro . it would make you a better person .

Talk about backtracking! First you claimed they were "investing in union" and "looking to play heineken cup", now it's that they took over a local union club. And neither of those are true! The rugby section within the FC Barcelona sports club was established in 1924.

You obviously know nothing about FCB, but hey carry on trying to bring sh*tty union into every thread on this website.

Dave The Maori

Juniors
Talk about backtracking! First you claimed they were "investing in union" and "looking to play heineken cup", now it's that they took over a local union club. And neither of those are true! The rugby section within the FC Barcelona sports club was established in 1924
You obviously know nothing about FCB, but hey carry on trying to bring sh*tty union into every thread on this website.
fc barcelona (the football team) bought barcelona universitari rugby club (buc) . you do know your fcb .:lol:

Last edited:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Well this is about Les Catalans playing in Catalonia from their French base, do you think it's a good idea Dave and do you think the sport can work within these places so that the club and the local Leagues start to build interest in the game in general?

What I'm trying to ask is Dave, do you think Les Catalans and Rugby League have a hope in hell of succeeding in that part of the world?

If we all agree with Dave maybe he'll go away?

I'm willing to make up a certificate in MS Paint that says that Union is taking over the world and that League is played exclusivey by Union players in the summer.

I'm always willing to help trolls recover from their desperate need for acceptance and achieve the relevance and purpose online they don't have in real life.

Dave The Maori

Juniors
If we all agree with Dave maybe he'll go away?

I'm willing to make up a certificate in MS Paint that says that Union is taking over the world and that League is played exclusivey by Union players in the summer.

I'm always willing to help trolls recover from their desperate need for acceptance and achieve the relevance and purpose online they don't have in real life.
good to help out bro . someone has to tell it how it is . ;-)

nadera78

Juniors
No response? Where are you Dave? I know you've been on here because you've been wanking out union lies again over on the Fiji/PNG thread.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
No response? Where are you Dave? I know you've been on here because you've been wanking out union lies again over on the Fiji/PNG thread.

Typical isn't it, they snipe from the sidelines and post all their lies, yet they never back anything up with facts.