What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cayless and Vella to play Melbourne

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
I could have told you that yesterday but I was flying back, But I did tell someone.

:nwave:

thanks for disturbing my afternoon kip ya bastard :lol:

eel power

Juniors
That's great news that Cayless and Vella will play but it's not going to stop me from being nervous because in my opinion it's still going to be a tough game.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
MarkInTheStands said:
Well the Whisper I heard when i was told he could play next week, was that Cayless could have played last week, but didn't because Vella was Back.

Well no point playing him this week either if Vella is back.

parra pete

Referee
eel power said:
That's great news that Cayless and Vella will play but it's not going to stop me from being nervous because in my opinion it's still going to be a tough game.

Understatement of the year. But enjoy the ride..don't be nervous..enjoy it...winning when people say you can't is much more enjoyable...
If you think you can..or you think you can't.... you are probably right.
The Eels should take advice from Wayne Bennett 'and not die with the music in them'..

Hellsy

Immortal
U have been very meelow ths weekend Pete :LOL: :LOL:
Bringing out all these cliches :LOL:

Redback71

First Grade
awsome news agreed with all your teams im afraid to say burty needs to be in the starting side some where or you better how and trys we score are under the black dot.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
even if vella is on the field for 20mins....that 20mins of work that hindmarsh and morrison dont have to do twice as much!
Benefit all round!

I will believe when we run out on sunday and not before.
Caylo will be pushing to be right for sunday with a eye socket fracture.
But here's hoping!

That is great news, I think we wont need to wait till sunday, the team sheet on Tuesday will give us a fair indication as we have JT as coach and not BS, who used to like playing games till kickoff.

Bazal

Post Whore
I will honestly be stunned if Caylo plays....eye socket fractures are very delicate things and can take ages to heal...but if he does it will be a huge boost. I only hope he doesn't do himself major damage in a premature comeback.

mickdo

Coach
The thing about eye socket fractures is that you can't get a true picture of the extent of the damage via x-rays until the swelling goes down. They had said they wouldn't know whether it needed surgery or not until then. It sounds like it wasn't a bad fracture, and when the swelling subsided the damage had already been healing enough to get him on the paddock next weekend. Here's hoping anyway...

TheParraboy

Staff member
Cayless did get a second opinion from another doctor, and was cleared to play as well

so its all good

bartman

Immortal
Great news if it turns out like that on Sunday.

It gives us something that the Storm won't have been able to see in their analysis of our past two games. A bit more strength up front for us and they won't know exactly how we're going to play it, or how they should play it to exploit our wekanesses.

Don't think it has anything to do with JT. Injuries heal when injuries heal. Cyaless was meant to be fine for the next week after hsi injury at first, things change and change back again.

We need to be at our best for the Storm game, and having Cayless (and Vella) return helps us be that compared to not having as much first grade forward strength/depth available in the past two games.

True EEL

Bench
well maybe there is a God again after all........praise his name

and he better be on his game too, because we might just need a miracle, bringing Cayless and Vella back to us is a start though lol, maybe one of the eels can walk on water or something on Sunday

i just had a feeling about Cayless, but didn't want to get my hopes up because of the nature of the injury and i will still wait and see what happens when we run out on the day, but it will be HUGE if he can play

i'll get crucified for this - but Hindy gets all the raps in this team, however, they are a different outfit without Cayless - he IS their leader and their forwards have been soundly beaten without him

P.S. one thing of note that i think may slightly be in our favour.....it is NOT a night game down in Melbourne on a Saturday night, which most of their games are and when they usually have the ebst atmosphere....maybe that is something slightly in our favour, god knows we need something????