What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cayless hands Captaincy to Hindmarsh?

Haynzy

First Grade
PB said:
Cayless is the perfect captain. Passionate, loyal to the core as Eela said, and when he has a bad game it's not because he is lazy, but more because he is probably trying to hard. As a captain he has never let us down. Every time i think our captain should be talking to the ref about issue "x", he always steps up and plants the seed in their mind. Their were several occaisions on Friday night when we needed a captain in Simpkins ear and it never happened.

Hindy is a superstar player, but he can't articulate his thoughts particularly well on or off the field.

I agree PB, I think Cayless is the better Captain and should have the job, but he is no fool. If he wants to hand the job to Hindy for a bit to concentrate on his game so be it. It's not a descision he would make lightly and he wouldn't choose Hindy if he didn't think he was up to it, neither would Smith let it happen if he didn't think he was up to the job.

True EEL

Bench
stiff-meister eel said:
I think Cayless should write a letter to all the Parra fans stating his deficiency of being captain & apologysing

mate i hope your joking and if your not you need to grow up and stop blowing things way way way out of proportion

True EEL

Bench
PB said:
Cayless is the perfect captain. Passionate, loyal to the core as Eela said, and when he has a bad game it's not because he is lazy, but more because he is probably trying to hard. As a captain he has never let us down. Every time i think our captain should be talking to the ref about issue "x", he always steps up and plants the seed in their mind. Their were several occaisions on Friday night when we needed a captain in Simpkins ear and it never happened.

Hindy is a superstar player, but he can't articulate his thoughts particularly well on or off the field.

thank god.....finally some sense and clarity amongst all of this hysteria

Utey

Coach
PB said:

well said...

TheParraboy

Staff member
regular fill in captain Daniel Wagon to get the nod :D

though he may have to captain the 1st grade side from Premier League :lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
John Morris.

He looks the part, is articulate and intelligent.

Seriously though - it may make him play better. Not that his game on Friday was bad. Just saying...Blah....

And as someone else said - it really speaks volumes for Nathan Cayless the man that he'd put his team before himself.

Captain or not, Nath, you're a true gentleman and an absolute legend.

:clap:

Bigfella

Coach
Cayless should not be an option until he establishes his position in the team. It will take him some time and some consistency to do that. I think he can, but at this stage would only be a week to week proposition in first grade. If Morro, and Moi Moi werer available this week I'm not sure he would be in the 17.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bigfella said:
Cayless should not be an option until he establishes his position in the team. It will take him some time and some consistency to do that. I think he can, but at this stage would only be a week to week proposition in first grade. If Morro, and Moi Moi werer available this week I'm not sure he would be in the 17.

I'm pretty certain he'd still be there ;-)

Tyler Durden

Juniors
Smithy should use the same system that we had when I was playing soccer with the mighty Winston Hills Bears

Whoever's mum had to wash the jerseys that week, gets to be captain.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tyler Durden said:
Smithy should use the same system that we had when I was playing soccer with the mighty Winston Hills Bears

Whoever's mum had to wash the jerseys that week, gets to be captain.

that's ridiculous..

can you imagine the frieght bill to Queensland and New Zealand :roll:

Hellsy

Immortal
Hindyscrack said:
and perth, tonga, adelaide for reddy

and Forster and Newcastle, they may be closer by but freight is more expensive to the smaller airports, and to drive them would take ages!!!

Tyler Durden

Juniors
eelavation said:
that's ridiculous..

can you imagine the frieght bill to Queensland and New Zealand :roll:

good thinking

allright - whoever's missus / meaningful one night stand / girlfriend / mistress has to wash the jerseys, they get to be captain.

The Colonel

Immortal
Tyler Durden said:
good thinking

allright - whoever's missus / meaningful one night stand / girlfriend / mistress has to wash the jerseys, they get to be captain.

I vote you can tell Robyn Morrison - she's scary when she's angry.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tyler Durden said:
good thinking

aaahhhh!! upthere for thinkin...

The Colonel

Immortal
coca-cola said:
our players should never have their jerseys washed. it would make them more intimidating.

Not sure about intimidating...... but I've had to play in jerseys that haven't been washed and it certainly isn't pleasant.....

Latest posts