What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cayless in leader mode

Utey

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
at this rate when we play Melbourne Chris Walker will score 5 tries and make 10 try saving tackles

lets not get to far ahead of ourselves.

Freak2

Juniors
Avenger said:
Cayless is the new Josh Perry.

What a quote!!

Cayless and Perry have had a little feud going now for some years!!

I would love to see Nathan's reaction to that one!!!

Cayless copped this grief 2 years ago as well, and then last year he was close to our best. He will put the doubters back in their place once again.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Wow.

I can't believe how serious some people are getting.

Nathan Cayless, the new Josh Perry. That's like the ultimate insult.

Tell me, though - where were all these 'Nathan Cayless sucks' chants last year?

Utey

Coach
lucablight said:
and yet you want to put Robinson who is the new carlaw or whatever his name is in the front row..........
I dont understand either.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I fearlessly predict that by the second half of this season nobody will remember how ordinary Caylo is going right now.

It will all turn around. Don't worry about it.

parra pete

Referee
fish eel said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

You dont need a media ban.

You just need to watch what you say.

I think what needs to happen is Smith, the senior players and our media lad need to sit down and say 'OK, we'll talk to the media, but until we're out of this slump, this is all we're going to say'. Give 'em a phucking script. And give the journos the answers YOU want to give.....not the answers they want you to give.

Talk about shooting the messenger. Players have a job..Journalists have a job. Sticking the head in the sand doesn't correct a problem. Facing up to it does.

strider

Post Whore
Bigfella said:
Josh Perry smashed us Round 1

Luke Lewis Trent Waterhouse and Joel Clinton carved us last week

Hodges rampaged in round 3

We keep bagging opposition players on the forums who then come out and tear us a new one!

:lol: thats so true :|

eelz47

Coach
Eelementary said:
Well, that's the suggestion that I took from the text.

You'll pardon me, but in HSC Extension II English it's what they teach you - to look past the words on paper and see sub-text and sub-meanings.

i didnt do the hsc, either did most of our players

Utey

Coach
Watching the 01 highlights tape. I want the old Caylo back. His one tough bugger.

Eelementary

Post Whore
eelz47 said:
i didnt do the hsc, either did most of our players

That's cool!

My comment wasn't meant to offend - what I mean to say is, that because of the way I was taught English at school, I look at the texts for hidden, sub-conscious and often implied meanings.

And I took what Nathan was saying as though he's disappointed in fans asking questions of why they're struggling.

I could be wrong, but it's the interpretation I took!

strider

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
That's cool!

My comment wasn't meant to offend - what I mean to say is, that because of the way I was taught English at school, I look at the texts for hidden, sub-conscious and often implied meanings.

And I took what Nathan was saying as though he's disappointed in fans asking questions of why they're struggling.

I could be wrong, but it's the interpretation I took!

well imho, the sooner you let the bullsh*t drummed into you by the doofus education system via yr 12 english and realise that 95% of the time in the real world, communication is not about hidden meanings, its about expressing your point precisely and concisely, the better off you'll be .... seriously, most things don't have silly hidden meanings - most people aren't trying to be literary superstars.

stuke

Bench
IMO Cayless is the man who needs to lead us out of our slump. when he fires the whole team fires. he lays the platform for the others and allows the other lads to shine. Hindy, Tahu, Guru and Timmy add the polish...Caylo provides the leadership and aggression.

the best sight from last season was Caylo storming over at Barrett to have a go at him when he cheapshotted PJ.

2001 was the same where he would have been the #2 prop in the game (just behind Webcke).

we desperately need him back in form and confident.

Eelementary

Post Whore
strider said:
well imho, the sooner you let the bullsh*t drummed into you by the doofus education system via yr 12 english and realise that 95% of the time in the real world, communication is not about hidden meanings, its about expressing your point precisely and concisely, the better off you'll be .... seriously, most things don't have silly hidden meanings - most people aren't trying to be literary superstars.

True, but the media sometimes comes up with this sort of thing. And some people always say things which deliberately have more than one meaning (Peter Costello is particularly good at this).

Latest posts