What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cayless in leader mode

jason taylor

Bench
stuke said:
IMO Cayless is the man who needs to lead us out of our slump. when he fires the whole team fires. he lays the platform for the others and allows the other lads to shine. Hindy, Tahu, Guru and Timmy add the polish...Caylo provides the leadership and aggression.

the best sight from last season was Caylo storming over at Barrett to have a go at him when he cheapshotted PJ.

2001 was the same where he would have been the #2 prop in the game (just behind Webcke).

we desperately need him back in form and confident.

Might be sad from being droped from test captain. Jason Cayless is better

Utey

Coach
strider said:
well imho, the sooner you let the bullsh*t drummed into you by the doofus education system via yr 12 english and realise that 95% of the time in the real world, communication is not about hidden meanings, its about expressing your point precisely and concisely, the better off you'll be .... seriously, most things don't have silly hidden meanings - most people aren't trying to be literary superstars.
:clap::clap::clap:

strider

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
True, but the media sometimes comes up with this sort of thing. And some people always say things which deliberately have more than one meaning (Peter Costello is particularly good at this).

last time i looked Peter Costello wasn't our prop

Eelementary

Post Whore
So?

There still is an attitude in what he says. "When you're winning, everyone loves you, but when you're not blah blah blah."

Far as I'm concerned, the ONLY people who really love the Eels are fans - hence, he's implying that when the Eels are winning, all Eels fans are happy, but when they're not, they start questioning the team.

And that seems stupid to me. In any case, in the context of everything, it was not a necessary comment to make.

strider

Post Whore
stupid? - for gods sake take a look at this forum - every time we have a losing streak all hell breaks loose - we win a bunch and its a love fest

he's just stating the obvious if you ask me

Eelementary

Post Whore
That's just it - it's always like that and always has been.

Every team has its media personalities who idolise them and every team has bandwagoners. It's the nature of sport.

True, he is saying the truth and speaking his mind - but given our poor record thus far in the season and all the dramas we've had, I took it to be as though he's criticisng people for not sticking with the team.

It ties in with Hindmarsh's apparent cry last week (I didn't see it), where he took a swipe and said he wished the crowds were a bit bigger.

Just seems so pointless to say anything like that. They should just focus on themselves and their footy, in my opinion.

strider

Post Whore
well if you ask me its pointless to have a dozen "how crap are we" or "how crap is X" or "get rid of X" threads every week we lose going over the same thing over and over and over - doesn't stop it happening eh! .... but at he end of the day i've come to realise if people have something to say, they're gonna say it even if its all been said before.

Eelementary

Post Whore
This is true.

I probably used the wrong word before. He didn't sound condescending, he sounded whiny, like he was complaining at how quickly people change their tunes.

Latest posts