What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cayless out for the season ...

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
he fractured the inner part of his eye and needs recontruction surgery. You heard it here first ... dad works for the nrl take my word for it. Press will be released tommorow.

Bazal

Post Whore
No offence, but if that was the case then why did scans clear him on Sunday? And why has he been named in the side for the weekend? I'll believe it when I see it to be honest....

PIG

Juniors
I hear that he went for more tests earlier today and ppl at the club are expecting the worst. Sucks!

Nikki

Coach
If thats the case Josh must be sh*ttin himself right now...

No offence.. But I will wait for the media release. Maybe RAAAAAY can be the first to tell us!!

mickdo

Coach
SMH said:
Worried Eels sweat on fresh Cayless X-rays
http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/worried-eels-sweat-on-fresh-cayless-xrays/2006/08/22/1156012543032.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1
Glenn Jackson
August 23, 2006

THREE days after he was initially cleared of a fractured eye socket, the immediate playing future of Parramatta prop Nathan Cayless is again up in the air, with the skipper today awaiting the results of fresh X-rays which may still confirm a break.

Cayless was initially X-rayed on Sunday night, after being injured in a tackle during the Eels' clash with the Roosters. Those X-rays did not reveal any fractures, but Eels officials decided to have the area checked again amid fears the results may have been unreliable because Cayless's nose was so badly broken. The officials have admitted there are still concerns he suffered a fracture, which could rule him out for the rest of the season, although he would be more likely to return at some stage during the finals.

Cayless was named as prop and skipper yesterday to face Brisbane this Sunday. However, he may be ruled out as early as today when the results of the second batch of X-rays are known. And even if he is cleared of damage to his eye socket, he still faces a battle to be fit for Sunday's game because the nose injury was so severe and he was concussed.

The Eels are still "hopeful" Cayless will be cleared of a fractured eye socket but certainly not confident. The development comes as the club continues to face a drought of front-rowers. If Cayless is ruled out, Josh Cordoba would be the only recognised prop in the entire squad.

The side, on a nine-match winning streak, already has Michael Vella, Aaron Cannings, Adam Peek, Justin Tsoulos and Paul Stringer missing through injury, while Fuifui Moimoi is sidelined by suspension.

With Vella pencilling in his return date as week two of the finals and Moimoi out until the weekend after, the loss of Cayless, even for a short time, would put a serious dent in the Eels' title prospects. The other props are no chance of playing this season.

In their absence, second-rowers Nathan Hindmarsh and Chad Robinson, and even hooker Mark Riddell, have spent time up front.

caylo

Bench
it sounds more precautionary to me, rather than any real solid evidence. just media hype up. they have no idea what is wrong, they would have taken 3/4 xrays, from different angles... and obviously have chosen to cheak again, after the swelling went down. they would have known this after the results of the 1st xray, which in that case he has been named. tbh i think he will be fine, and this is more precautionary. if ive learnt anything, its take anything that is hersay with a grain of salt

bartman

Immortal
Porr buggar. Imagine being told you're eye's clear one day, and then potentially finding out it's not so rosy a couple of days later...

Nickeel

Juniors
James_Hardie said:
Do we know what transpired during the game for this to happen? Any foul play that has been conveniently overlooked?

I think it just happened in the event of a normal tackle.

Praying for a miracle...

Nick

Hellsy

Immortal
Poor bastard........

Don't think there was foul play, it happened in front of us and didnt even know he was hurt till we saw his nose bleeding.... the tackle wasnt anything that made us stand up and cry foul

strider

Post Whore
shillington's shoulder hit his face .... probably a bit careless, but nothing intentional

Eelectrica

Referee
God damn, say it ain't so.
We just can't take a trick on the injury dept.

Ahh well, just gotta keep going, one game at a time and all that.

Latest posts