What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cayless to retire at the end of the season

Enjoy your last season champion!
i'll congratulate you when you have played your last game with a bit of luck it will be the 3rd of October 2010.

Delboy

First Grade
Congratulations Caylo, a credit to the club and particularly your family

Enjoy this year, because you will be a long time retired.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I can see Caylo going out a premiership winner, I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes.

rd 26 vs Warriors will be Nathans last home game

Move it to ANZ? ;-)

lol @ thurston comments :lol:
Cayless retiring is freeing up the money to pay topped up deals to Hayne, Tahu, Poore and the like

pedge

Juniors
Based on early season form, his best mate should follow him out the door….what a better way for the two of them to go….and at the same time, we can lure Thurston and he can bring his mate O’Donnell with him J

Cayless deserves a premiership before he goes out. Let's hope the team can pull their fingers out an win it for him.

84 Baby

Referee
Cayless gone, Inu, Mateo and Keating likely to leave = lots of space for JT! There is our new captain too.
Lots of space... except for the fact we now only have 3 1st grade ready props for next season (one of which is actually yet to sign on)
If we lose Fui, our starting props for 2011 are going to be:
8. Mannah
10. Poore
Going after Thurston may be tempting but we are currently playing pretty weakly in the prop department, losing 1 or 2 of these isn't going to make that any better. And if people think Poore on $300k+ is overvalued, how about Thurston on $700k+ playing behind no forward pack?

Suitman

Post Whore
Lots of space... except for the fact we now only have 3 1st grade ready props for next season (one of which is actually yet to sign on)
If we lose Fui, our starting props for 2011 are going to be:
8. Mannah
10. Poore
Going after Thurston may be tempting but we are currently playing pretty weakly in the prop department, losing 1 or 2 of these isn't going to make that any better. And if people think Poore on $300k+ is overvalued, how about Thurston on $700k+ playing behind no forward pack?

What's the difference? Our halves are now anyway. May as well have a half who could give 'em a kick up the arse.

Suity

CrazyEel

Bench
As much as he is criticised I actually feel a tinge of sadness contemplating Caylo's retirement, he has been a career lifetime eel, very rare these days.

Past his best but still sad to see his playing days come to an end. Good, onya Caylo and all the best in life.

Djay

Juniors
Hopefully this might pump Nathan and the boy's up to send him out a winner, we can only hope.

And it does free up some money which is good I just hope we keep Mateo most of all as he has so much talent IMO.

The Colonel

Immortal
Throw the money at Tolman from Melbourne and Snowden from the Sharks. F**k buying a halfback that costs 30 percent of your cap when you include him with Hayne. Great player but will cost us players in the long term. Souths have shown us the right direction and just need an organiser to get the best of it all. Thurston has said he won't leave the Cowboya if he wants to stay in the NRL anyway.of i