What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
It will be fun to see the haters reactions. Personally though, I more look forward to the first Bears v Manly clash at NSO. never been there and it will be a top notch day, can't wait.
Yeah one of the reasons (out of several) why I'm for the Bears returning is the multiple great matchups that will happen.

Bears v Manly has lots of history to it, from being longtime geographic rivals to getting backstabbed with the merger, etc etc.

Bears v Newcastle would be great, it would be good for Newcastle to have a proper rivalry and because the towns are within driving distance, for both games during the season their should be strong away crowds and very close to being sellouts each and every game.

And Bears v Souths/Roosters. It's always good to have foundation clubs playing each other.
As do we you. It'll be better for us because we're not really attached to any bid. I do it mainly to get your goat lol.
"get your goat".....oooooooooook.

You just come across so certain that the Bears won't get in, and I happen to think they're very likely to get in, I'm looking forward to your reaction.

dgsfan

Juniors
I support the Ipswich bid (BNE 2 if that progresses enough). I just love pwning you all over the Bears bid. Some of you definitely need to be taken down some pegs lol.

adamkungl

Immortal
Great retort. I expect nothing less from you.

Didn't deserve better...but since you seem to thick to realise it, there are more reasons to expand than simply cash. Bring the game to new fans. Bring new players into the game at all levels. At the most basic level, allowing an area to compete in top flight Rugby League if they can prove they're up to the challenge. Some of these may result in a larger bottom line...but they are admirable goals in themselves.

Bite me f**kwit.

dgsfan

Juniors
Didn't deserve better...but since you seem to thick to realise it, there are more reasons to expand than simply cash. Bring the game to new fans. Bring new players into the game at all levels. At the most basic level, allowing an area to compete in top flight Rugby League if they can prove they're up to the challenge. Some of these may result in a larger bottom line...but they are admirable goals in themselves.

Bite me f**kwit.

Absolutely. How will expanding to the CC bring in new fans? they already follow RL. So do people in QLD but they offer more through ratings.

Your last point is laughable.

adamkungl

Immortal
Absolutely. How will expanding to the CC bring in new fans? they already follow RL. So do people in QLD but they offer more through ratings.

Your last point is laughable.

We weren't discussing the CC, we were discussing 'the only reason to expand is money'

keep up

jim_57

Staff member
I'm just curious, what will be your reaction to the news if at some point this year the NRL announces the Bears will be entering the comp in 2013? What will you have to say after devoting countless posts to hating on the Bears, and many of their bid's supporters.

I'm also curious, what will your reaction be when the Bunnies come 9th? :sarcasm:

Back on topic, your horse is in front but the race only 3/4 run. Make no mistake if a team based in or around Brisbane gets it's sh!t together it will be a very tough decision for the NRL. I really don't see Perth missing out.

Personally I think if the Jets bid was to look something like this:

Club Name: South Brisbane Jets
Stadium: Suncorp
Based: Springfield
Juniors: Ipswich & Logan
Community Work: Ipswich and Logan

That would be very hard to deny if they get stuck in over the next 6 months, remains to be seen if the will though. If not I'd have no troubles accepting the Bears back.

andrew057

First Grade
I suggest anybody whos interested in discussing the CC Bears bid maturely should ignore dgsfan and his trolling.

BDGS

Bench
The second most watched team is simply a lie perpetuated by nutter bears fans. They weren't even in the top 5. My source is an avid ratings follower and league fan.

Until we see the evidence (taking into account your post on here) this claim is nothing more then that.

The day the Central Coast bid is put in is a date that was decided by the NRL as well as the Central Coast.

are you sure about this? Why would the NRL set this when they have been very clear all along that there is no call for expansion now and won't be till the IC and TV deal are sorted? Of course we all know that they most likley will call for expansion but I find it hard to believe they would ask one bid to submit A) before any decision to def expand is made public and B) that they wouldn't want them at the same time for equity.

I'm sure there is a lot that the NRL aren't telling us, i just know that the decision was made together. The decision would not of been made imo if they weren't going to expand.

Haha BDGS geting pwned again. Trying to claim an official member of the bid making the claim. Turns out it's just a volunteer working slightly more closely with the bid than Beowolf.

Whose Beowolf?

I only know a Beowulf.

Beowulf

Juniors
Does not bringing new fans to the game bring in money? FMD did you graduate high school?

David Gallop has consistently said one of the attractions of the Central Coast bid is the re-connection with the North Sydney Bear fans, more than 40,000 of whom have abandoned the game (David Gallop's words), plus other disengaged fans post Super-League....there's some fans who will be brought back to the game.

BDGS

Bench
David Gallop has consistently said one of the attractions of the Central Coast bid is the re-connection with the North Sydney Bear fans, more than 40,000 of whom have abandoned the game (David Gallop's words), plus other disengaged fans post Super-League....there's some fans who will be brought back to the game.

Gallop adds: "No doubt the Central Coast are a leading contender.

"We are working closely with Greg Florimo and David Fairleigh and the crowd last weekend for the Manly-Newcastle game was a great demonstration of the area's case for inclusion."

It's understood a key part of the Bears' appeal is tapping into the financial hub of North Sydney.

"The attraction of the Central Coast is the area itself but also the chance to reconnect with the north shore of Sydney and the proud tradition of the Bears," Gallop says.

Source: 31st March 2010 | Rugby League Week Magazine written by Steve Mascord, Senior Writer
AND
http://www.centralcoastbears.com.au/news/nrl_opens_door_for_central_coast_and_perth.html

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
Does not bringing new fans to the game bring in money? FMD did you graduate high school?

Do you even read the rubbish you write, or what you're replying to?

adamkungl said:
there are more reasons to expand than simply cash. Bring the game to new fans. Bring new players into the game at all levels. At the most basic level, allowing an area to compete in top flight Rugby League if they can prove they're up to the challenge. Some of these may result in a larger bottom line...but they are admirable goals in themselves.

Yes, bringing new fans in brings in money, as I mentioned 2 f**king sentences later.

I also suggested other reasons.

Money is not the only reason to expand a sport. You aren't making sense in your replies. Give it up.

dgsfan

Juniors
Money comes first. Money is the overwhelming factor. Without it the NRL would not expand. Why would it need to? If the QLD bids shape up (they have plenty of time), there's no conceivable way the NRL would admit the Bears over them. Why? Good will? Come on we've all moved on (except those 40,000 Bears fans... source????).

Your staggered posts are laughable.

Bro Bear

Juniors
Keep up the good work CC Bears!! Over 5000 members and a 10 million dollar sponsor waiting. The NSW area needs another regional team.

Status
Not open for further replies.