What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDGS

Bench
I thought it was second most watched?

Yes, sorry that is right.

You have to understand your place in this thread, you're the troll in it.

The Bears ratings, if they were 6th, whch one may assume from your comments, were fine.

If you wish to add credence to your trolling, post the relevant proof of;

A) Where the Bears ratings were in comparison to the other teams at the time.

B) Where the Reds finished in the ratings...

:lol:

adamkungl

Immortal
You have to understand your place in this thread, you're the troll in it.

The Bears ratings, if they were 6th, whch one may assume from your comments, were fine.

If you wish to add credence to your trolling, post the relevant proof of;

A) Where the Bears ratings were in comparison to the other teams at the time.

B) Where the Reds finished in the ratings...

The Bears bid claims they were the second most watched team in the 90s. They have allegedly provided proof to the NRL - but no one on here has been able to find it. dgsfan has since decided he can make any claim (eg. they weren't even top 5) and run with it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So are we going to arrange a big drink up for the first Reds vs Bears game in 2013 or what? Because Ive wanted to return to W.A. for along time now but haven't had a good enough reason until hopefully both franchises get up.

Most definitely! One of the activities I would like to see for our supporters group is for the Red Army to have a function for visiting fans when they come to town for a weekend in lovely Perth to watch their team take on the Reds. Maybe a BBQ and few beers in the park opposite NIB stadium on game day or down the beach the day before.

Likewise I look forward to an excuse to come and visit the CC, I've heard its a lovely place.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Back to the bid...

Why the focus on the submission date for the bid? Surely there isn't alot of point putting in a submission before they are even called for? What oi they put in your bid then submissions aren't called for for another 6 months, that gives the other bids alot more lead in time etc. And waht if there is something the IC decide to come up with that isn;t in teh Bears submission (not sure what but you never know), will they withdraw their submission and put it in again later? Seems a bit pointless, there's no prizes for being the first to hand it in!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Most definitely! One of the activities I would like to see for our supporters group is for the Red Army to have a function for visiting fans when they come to town for a weekend in lovely Perth to watch their team take on the Reds. Maybe a BBQ and few beers in the park opposite NIB stadium on game day or down the beach the day before.

Likewise I look forward to an excuse to come and visit the CC, I've heard its a lovely place.
This could be a bit of a revenue stream for the Reds. Package type holidays to WA for fans coming across watching their teams play the reds in Perth. You'd probably need a set draw to do it but the potential is there. I'd recommend spending time in Perth.

BDGS

Bench
Back to the bid...

Why the focus on the submission date for the bid? Surely there isn't alot of point putting in a submission before they are even called for? What oi they put in your bid then submissions aren't called for for another 6 months, that gives the other bids alot more lead in time etc. And waht if there is something the IC decide to come up with that isn;t in teh Bears submission (not sure what but you never know), will they withdraw their submission and put it in again later? Seems a bit pointless, there's no prizes for being the first to hand it in!

Two points to look at here.

The day the Central Coast bid is put in is a date that was decided by the NRL as well as the Central Coast. It wasn't just the Central Coast decision. I think there are more hoops for the CCB's to jump through because they are unlucky enough to be from a state that has the majority of the teams.

And.

The Central Coast Bears are in regular contact with the NRL updating them on the bid progress anyway, i have no proof of this but i would think that would continue after the bid has been submitted and before the other bids have been called for.

But i do agree that the other bids may have extra time to get extra things in theory.

dgsfan

Juniors
The second most watched team is simply a lie perpetuated by nutter bears fans. They weren't even in the top 5. My source is an avid ratings follower and league fan.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The day the Central Coast bid is put in is a date that was decided by the NRL as well as the Central Coast.

are you sure about this? Why would the NRL set this when they have been very clear all along that there is no call for expansion now and won't be till the IC and TV deal are sorted? Of course we all know that they most likley will call for expansion but I find it hard to believe they would ask one bid to submit A) before any decision to def expand is made public and B) that they wouldn't want them at the same time for equity.

Beowulf

Juniors
He has no proof of it, while the The official Central Coast NRL bid have claimed they have handed over the proof that the North Sydney Bears were the most watched team in the 1990s to the NRL.

A clarification is probably in order here. According to my source, a fellow volunteer working more closely to the bid team than I am, the Bears were the 2nd most watched team in the comp in the 90's. He is 100% confident he is correct, and knowing the guy thats good enough for me. The NRL are aware of the claim and they have said they know the Bears were popular, they would like to re-engage with their fans and its one reason the Central Coast has been designated as a strategic area for possible expansion.

They have also said they have no preferred order of entry, hence from that IMO you can imply they have 3 or 4 strategic areas they will expand to when the bids are ready, so its a matter of which team is most ready when they push the button.

Even though the TV thing is good news for the Bears, I don't think TV ratings are as important as some others - it will be a factor sure, but readiness is the most important factor once an area has been designated as of strategic importance. So if we assume Central Coast, Perth, Brisbane2 and maybe CQLD and maybe NZ2 have been designated strategic areas, whom is the most ready?

dgsfan

Juniors
Of course TV ratings are important. Probably THE most important factor. Most of the NRL's revenue come from TV dollars. The only reason to add teams is to increase the bottom dollar.

Being popular doesn't mean being the 2nd most watched. The Dragons are popular but they're only like the 4th/5th most watched team on TV (Brisbane, Paramatta, Bulldogs, Tigers/Dragons). My source is 100% confident as well. The NRL has the figures anyway. Public perception is important and this lie of being the 2nd most watched team needs to be quashed.

dgsfan

Juniors
Haha BDGS geting pwned again. Trying to claim an official member of the bid making the claim. Turns out it's just a volunteer working slightly more closely with the bid than Beowolf.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Haha BDGS geting pwned again. Trying to claim an official member of the bid making the claim. Turns out it's just a volunteer working slightly more closely with the bid than Beowolf.
I'm just curious, what will be your reaction to the news if at some point this year the NRL announces the Bears will be entering the comp in 2013? What will you have to say after devoting countless posts to hating on the Bears, and many of their bid's supporters.

Beowulf

Juniors
Of course TV ratings are important. Probably THE most important factor. Most of the NRL's revenue come from TV dollars. The only reason to add teams is to increase the bottom dollar.

Being popular doesn't mean being the 2nd most watched. The Dragons are popular but they're only like the 4th/5th most watched team on TV (Brisbane, Paramatta, Bulldogs, Tigers/Dragons). My source is 100% confident as well. The NRL has the figures anyway. Public perception is important and this lie of being the 2nd most watched team needs to be quashed.

I haven't said TV ratings are not important....but there's no point putting a team in an area that will have high TV ratings if the bid is flawed and the NRL aren't confident the team will be around in 20 years or that its not the best solution for that market.

So how is the claim of 2nd most watched team in the 90's a lie? That asserts that either myself or the source is deliberately telling a mistruth. The only other hard news I have posted is that the Bears have poll popularity of 80%+ on News Ltd online polls, and that the last Courier Mail poll stated 58% of people were in favour of a 2nd Brisbane team. Are they lies also? Anything else I post is just my opinion based on my sources and observation of expansion information released over the past 12 months. If you draw a different opinion fine, we can debate that, but to call the claim a lie just because it doesn't suit your agenda reveals more about your character than about the claim. If its wrong, I'll apologise and castigate my source, but he hasn't been wrong for 1 year thus far.

dgsfan

Juniors
Well apart from not trusting you in general (bid member baggin off other bid teams, sprouting unfounded facts without any sources), I'm certainly not going to trust any of your "sources".

adamkungl

Immortal
I'm just curious, what will be your reaction to the news if at some point this year the NRL announces the Bears will be entering the comp in 2013? What will you have to say after devoting countless posts to hating on the Bears, and many of their bid's supporters.

It will be fun to see the haters reactions. Personally though, I more look forward to the first Bears v Manly clash at NSO. never been there and it will be a top notch day, can't wait.

dgsfan

Juniors
It will be fun to see the haters reactions. Personally though, I more look forward to the first Bears v Manly clash at NSO. never been there and it will be a top notch day, can't wait.

As do we you. It'll be better for us because we're not really attached to any bid. I do it mainly to get your goat lol.

Beowulf

Juniors
Well apart from not trusting you in general (bid member baggin off other bid teams, sprouting unfounded facts without any sources), I'm certainly not going to trust any of your "sources".

I am not a bid member and have no authority to speak on behalf of the Bears - I'm just a passionate Bears fan who volunteers my free time at nights and weekends to help the bid. I make no claims without a source I trust. If thats not good enough for you, I don't care. This thread is for people interested in the Bears bid, not those trying to tear it down. I will defend the Bears against outrageous, ill-informed comment, but I will never cast the first stone. I refrained from joining this site for 6 months because of the vicious bile and hatred directed to the Bears bid by haters such as you, but there comes a time when enough is enough - bullying is unacceptable in any form, and the Bears supporters with few exceptions have done nothing other than passionately argue their case against pure viciousness coming from mainly QLD opponents whose hatred of a NSW expansion bid comes through in spades. Hatred is a wasted emotion - let it go.

Last edited:

dgsfan

Juniors
So you not a member, and this "source" of yours isn't either? Did he tell you this "fact" over a few beers at the pub?

Status
Not open for further replies.