What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Rabbitohs

Could this be the reason why the NRL knocked back admittance to the Central Coast bid? Souths to relocate to Gosford? Souths can't compete with the Roosters so I'd say it would be a sensible thing for Souths to do. Your thoughts.

doctor death

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Could this be the reason why the NRL knocked back admittance to the Central Coast bid? Souths to relocate to Gosford? Souths can't compete with the Roosters so I'd say it would be a sensible thing for Souths to do. Your thoughts.

Singo has a watertight contract that any team to play out of the CC will be the Bears in red and black. Changing that will threaten the deal where he took the rights from the bears in the first place. The NRL may try that - but the ensuing legal action would keep them in court for years.

taxidriver

Coach
Souths can't compete with the Roosters

Correct at the moment, but who is to say what the position will be in 3 or 4 years.

Souths now have one of the best in the business in charge (Richo) and if anyone can turn it around it is him.

I still have a hunch the Rabbits and Roosters will be a JV down the track.

Moggles

Juniors
Souths would be better off going to the gold coast.
They could keep Souths (South Queensland).
The new pokies tax does not have any effect in Qld.
There are heaps of South fans up here.

Personally I don't really care, but I thought these points are quite valid.

taxidriver said:

Correct at the moment, but who is to say what the position will be in 3 or 4 years.

Souths now have one of the best in the business in charge (Richo) and if anyone can turn it around it is him.

I still have a hunch the Rabbits and Roosters will be a JV down the track.

They would have to move their leagues club to a more desirable location. At the moment Souths leagues club is in the red and can't afford to give grants to the footy team. Souths have to rely on their juniors club and Henry Morris doesn't want to give them any more money. Souths should move to the CC for their own survival.

QldRabbit

Juniors

I'm assuming your basing your comments on the NRL table and crowd attendance, as Souths have it all over the Rooster's in other area's corporate sponsorship, juniors etc. Once the mighty rooters slid down the table were will your fans be then? History shows fans can be quite fickle when there team no longer performs. As for the bunnies, once we taste a little success the pressure will be on the rooters!

QldRabbit said:

I'm assuming your basing your comments on the NRL table and crowd attendance, as Souths have it all over the Rooster's in other area's corporate sponsorship, juniors etc. Once the mighty rooters slid down the table were will your fans be then? History shows fans can be quite fickle when there team no longer performs. As for the bunnies, once we taste a little success the pressure will be on the rooters!

Not in corporate sponsorshipsd you don't . Our jersey this year became the first one to be worth $2mil. Then we have our private backers. We are the most corporately supported club in the NRL with Brisbane.

_Johnsy

Referee
I love how rc thinks its his clubs right to have his club in the comp on their terms.

Its a privilege not a right.

_Johnsy

Referee
"Easts and Souths will NEVER merge."

I suggest we keep this quote for future reference.

_Johnsy

Referee
I love they way some forummers, and clubs have the not in my backyard mentality.

I would have thought what is best for the game would the first point to consider, or are your clubs bigger than the game ?

QldRabbit said:

Rubbish. If that's the case then why are Souths broke. I'll let you in on a little secret. It's not 1971 anymore, Souths are not a leading club, in fact they are the bottom of the pile. The Roosters have it all over Souths in every sense. The only thing that you outdo us in is wooden spoons won.

Why would the Roosters merge with Souths. Think about it. We might take them over but we'll never merge with them. We have been in the comp since day 1, we can look after ourselves as we've shown. Souths are in financial trouble and a move to the central coast would help their cause. I'm not being conceited when I say that, It's just a fact.

_Johnsy said:
I love they way some forummers, and clubs have the not in my backyard mentality.

I would have thought what is best for the game would the first point to consider, or are your clubs bigger than the game ?

Why should the Roosters merge if they don't have to. Let's get fair dinkum. Easts are probably the richest club in the comp. It would be like saying that Kerry Packer should merge with the dero in Belmore park. :lol: