What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central coast vultures

bowes

Juniors
yea i am sick to death of the bears too. every single time there is an incident they start up with it. If the market was there, the coprorate dollars were there then it would have happened by now.
How? The NRL doesn't like expanding, they prefer to preserve dying Sydney clubs at the expense of better options elsewhere. I'd expect they'll be in in 2013 but if Cronulla or Melbourne fold between now and then they'd be best placed to come in.

bowes

Juniors
someone tell old greggy that its not the CC divine right to have an NRL team, they dont deserve one and NSW doesnt need another team..given the chance he will circle every NSW club wanting them to die, he had his chance with the old bears and it went balls up, you dont see newtown polishing a turd and relocating it and selling it as a whole new product just to get back in the game...

perth should be next..
Why should how many teams in an entire state matter to a bid? If there's too many NSW sides then the excess ones are all in Sydney, there's only 1 (and a half in theory) NSW sides not in Sydney. If 11 NSW sides is too many then demote the worst Sydney side down to the NSW Cup for them, and of course by far that is Cronulla. More realistically let in Perth and Central Coast to go for 18 teams and not judge Central Coast's bid on teams from an entirely different part of the state. I don't see why you want to drive the Central Coast away to another sport just for some abstract concept

Wow, I know you are many fan but is that a defence of the Storm's sportsmanship?

Yep I am a manly fan and no i would most definitely not defend the storms cap cheating.

And lately i would have be well persuaded to support a bears bid, but now is not the time to be giving RL a black eye just to crassly make media mileage. Make representations to the right people outside of the media spotlight is the way to go.

FamilyFirst

Juniors
Yep I am a manly fan and no i would most definitely not defend the storms cap cheating.

And lately i would have be well persuaded to support a bears bid, but now is not the time to be giving RL a black eye just to crassly make media mileage. Make representations to the right people outside of the media spotlight is the way to go.

I disagree. The Storm's position is untenable. They need to be thrown out to preserve the integrity of the competition. The major problem with that is that they will want to bring back a Melbourne club in five years.

I am pro manly and pro bears by the way (just declaring my position)!

FF

Big-Steve

Juniors
What the f**k is wrong with greg florimo and his bears the dust is still settling on the extraordinary events of the storm rorting the cap.
And he is already out there stating the bears will be ready to go next year
BACK OFF BEARS NOW AINT THE f**kING TIME FOR YOURE sh*t
They did the same thing last year when the sharks
There is no way in hell this club should be granted a licence in the nrl
Melbourne is far more critical to the nrl the the cc
The bears had thier chance and they can rot in hell
I'm a Bears man through and through but I tend to agree.

It's like waiting for Cronulla to fall over - It won't happen and its a touch hypocritical concidering what the Bears have been through themselves.

However to explain the context its not Greg Florimo going to the press and making a deliberate official statement to the press - what actually happened was that every paper in the country has been ringing him asking if Melboure foldered would the CC be ready to take their place.

And of course he's said yes and so it gets reported.

From a personal point of view I would never wish what has happened to the Bears on any other club.

However After this Storm supporters should now have some idea of the emotional rollercoster that Bears supporters have been through.

Is it just me or did people have more respect for each other prior to SL?

Loudstrat

Coach
Oh God Steve yes - by a country mile. The worst thing we did was bag Manly for buying comps that they didn't win anyway. A good pub argument between shouts.

Today, from Melbourne, we have one of their elite being offered to the Rebels. We have the playing and coaching staff threatening legal action to keep their premierships that they illegally got. The board is starting to turn on the NRL and whinge at the punishment.

But yeah, Flo is the villain because he said they are ready to go.

NSW haters will pick anything to complain about.