What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Centrebet Free Eels Jersey

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Has anyone taken up the offer?

From what I read on the eels website all you have to do is:
1. Open an account
2. Have a $50 on something paying $2 or more
3. Then they send you a voucher to redeem at the eels shop for a 2011 home jersey.

Sounds like a good offer.

You could find a close game that's paying $2 for one team and $1.80 for the other. Place $50 on the $2 team with centrebet, and put $50 on the $1.80 with the tab or someone.
Worst case is you lose $10.

Is this a good idea?

Joely01

Bench
Has anyone taken up the offer?

From what I read on the eels website all you have to do is:
1. Open an account
3. Then they send you a voucher to redeem at the eels shop for a 2011 home jersey.

Sounds like a good offer.

You could find a close game that's paying $2 for one team and $1.80 for the other. Place $50 on the $2 team with centrebet, and put $50 on the $1.80 with the tab or someone.
Worst case is you lose $10.

Is this a good idea?

Might have to have a look at this offer, they did the same promo a few months ago I think and it was for a manly jersey.

cleary89

Coach
Just did it with Saints, finish end of this month. Think everyone on the forums got one, but the club was struggling to keep enough jerseys in the shop for it.

But yeh, all legit and good.

Eels Dude

Coach
Sounds pretty good. I read the terms and conditions... but I bet there is a catch in there somewhere.

Eels Dude

Coach
On another note why do clubs and keep linking themselves with betting agencies... after the whole Ryan Tandy affair you'd think the NRL would use common sense and stop clubs making official deals with betting agencies. It's just asking for trouble really. I don't get how the NRL can complain about match fixing etc when they allow betting agencies to be involved as club sponsors etc.

Gronk

Staff member
So you get a jersey for $50 ? Two Qs; Is it a 2011 version and how much can I get for it on ebay ?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
So you get a jersey for $50 ? Two Qs; Is it a 2011 version and how much can I get for it on ebay ?

It's only $50 if your bet loses, and you don't hedge it.

It says on the parra website it's a 2011 home jersey.

There's quite a few on eBay. I'd say there will be quite a few more soon.

Tone

Juniors
Becareful that you only bet once from each household. My kids thought they wanted one each and didn't read the fine print.

Eels Dude

Coach
Becareful that you only bet once from each household. My kids thought they wanted one each and didn't read the fine print.

You shouldn't be encouraging your kids to gamble. That's 10 weeks pocket money when I was a kid.

Gronk

Staff member
If you bet on NRL that means that you'll be betting on the underdog in any given match. This week each of the favourites were under $2.

The Cowboys ($2.20) over the Sharks ($1.69) seems to the the best bet of the week.

If you bet on NRL that means that you'll be betting on the underdog in any given match. This week each of the favourites were under $2.

The Cowboys ($2.20) over the Sharks ($1.69) seems to the the best bet of the week.

I think I read somewhere that the cowboys haven't won away from home for 3 years. Is that right?

hybrideel

Bench
I got this betting on the cowboys to beat the storm a few weeks ago. Got the jersey last Friday. It says home jersey only but the girl at HQ asked which one I wanted so I guess it depend on who is working the counter. She also said they got a heap more vouchers than expected

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Just put my bet on. I know nothing about afl, but I bet on today's match of Hawthorn vs Geelong.

With centrebet I had $50 on Hawthorn at $2.06 to collect $103.
With tab I had $50 on Geelong at $1.78 to collect $89.

So I get a jersey and either I lose $11 or win $3.

Go Hawthorn.

Joely01

Bench
Just put my bet on. I know nothing about afl, but I bet on today's match of Hawthorn vs Geelong.

With centrebet I had $50 on Hawthorn at $2.06 to collect $103.
With tab I had $50 on Geelong at $1.78 to collect $89.

So I get a jersey and either I lose $11 or win $3.

Go Hawthorn.

Let me know how you go.

Ill be doing the exact same if it all works out for you