What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CEO

epDragon62

First Grade
From the article “The Dragons and the partners [WIN] have always placed a high priority on consistency and continuity in governance,” and ‘‘The change of ownership allows us to underpin the amazing heritage of the St George Illawarra Dragons with strong commercial strategy while locking in the pathways for junior players to rise through the ranks of the Steelers to the NRL.’’

I like quote 2, not quote 1 so much. A discontinuity suits me better!

red rocket

Juniors
From the article “The Dragons and the partners [WIN] have always placed a high priority on consistency and continuity in governance,” and ‘‘The change of ownership allows us to underpin the amazing heritage of the St George Illawarra Dragons with strong commercial strategy while locking in the pathways for junior players to rise through the ranks of the Steelers to the NRL.’’

I like quote 2, not quote 1 so much. A discontinuity suits me better!
Brian Johnston is a great man who will do a great job great to see him take over from dust cant believe all the negative posts on the forum we are indeed running fourth you would think reading the forum we were in line for the spoon

possm

Coach
Brian Johnston is a great man who will do a great job great to see him take over from dust cant believe all the negative posts on the forum we are indeed running fourth you would think reading the forum we were in line for the spoon
I loved Johnstone as a player and would have preferred him to Doust but that was just bad luck at the time. What I do not like and what worries me most is, as Chairman of the Board, his inability to sack Mary after such terrible results. Instead he supported his extension.

Saintsified

Bench
I loved Johnstone as a player and would have preferred him to Doust but that was just bad luck at the time. What I do not like and what worries me most is, as Chairman of the Board, his inability to sack Mary after such terrible results. Instead he supported his extension.
How can the board, Doust or BJ ever sack Mary if they can't even sack themselves.

Communism at work

possm

Coach
How can the board, Doust or BJ ever sack Mary if they can't even sack themselves.

Communism at work

They sacked Price! WIN will have to discontinue their support of the 'old boys club' because if they don't they are likely to lose money big time. No more Illawarra v St George and no more Millwards v Youngs. Now it is WIN/St George moving up and onwards together for the good of the Club. I say, move the old boys club on and we will cast a heavy load off the shoulders of the Club.

The point is, why bother to start a process to find a replacement if the club never ever intended to appoint an outsider.

I think we would have all preferred to be told from the beginning that:

1) Illawarra would only sell to WIN Corp
2) WIN Corp required Brian Johnston as CEO if it was to invest $10M and not have board control as they believe he is reas

Why didn't we wait a few weeks to make this decision?
Malcolm Turnbull is looking for a new job, and yeah fine, he thinks rugby league is played with a round ball, but still his business connections would be invaluable.
Instead we now have bloody Cronulla supporter as PM.
Perth Dragons by federal decree is my call.

The Damo

Juniors
Why didn't we wait a few weeks to make this decision?
Malcolm Turnbull is looking for a new job, and yeah fine, he thinks rugby league is played with a round ball, but still his business connections would be invaluable.
Instead we now have bloody Cronulla supporter as PM.
Perth Dragons by federal decree is my call.
Oh gods you could be right. He’ll probably annex Wollongong into the shire and have Kogarah condemned.

Now while I'll give credit to Brian Johnstone for showing up in the tunnel and actually talking to fans and copping it on the chin, it's more than Doust and McGregor did.
To me he seemed gutted, but he also seemed to have the look of a bloke who's hands are tied as to what to do about it.

His body language had the look of a bloke who's in charge by name only.

blacksafake

First Grade
Now while I'll give credit to Brian Johnstone for showing up in the tunnel and actually talking to fans and copping it on the chin, it's more than Doust and McGregor did.
To me he seemed gutted, but he also seemed to have the look of a bloke who's hands are tied as to what to do about it.

I reckon you're on the money there BGB.
The caravan will just roll on next year regardless.

Dragonslayer

First Grade

He's not CEO atm, Doust is until Oct 1. BJ doesn't take the reigns until Nov1