What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Certainly some strange tactics tonight...

Mader45

Juniors
No matter how many times I read people commenting that it was the best game of league they've ever seen.....it's no consolation what-so-ever. I hate that I now have to go for the Dragons today....

Ron's_Mate

Bench
No matter how many times I read people commenting that it was the best game of league they've ever seen.....it's no consolation what-so-ever. I hate that I now have to go for the Dragons today....
Ha Ha - same here. Never cheered for the Dragons in my life. At least it's Manly they're playing so it doesn't feel too strange.

N.C.

Juniors
f**k it. A great game, but you can't win 'em all.

Who will we play next week if the Dragons make it through? Raiders? Can't say I'm looking forward to that... I almost want Manly to win so we don't have to suffer the humiliation.

To think we could have had the week off.

jasonl

Juniors
A thousand chances one of those how could you lose that ones.

Playing that last 10 minutes with 12 men clearly hurt, and playing without Ellis, Marshall and Daniella at the end you guys had no pace at all and the Roosters little men were just making too many metres.

Once it went to Golden point you guys were shot, and had nothing. EG when Bryce Gibbs did that charge down on the 50, at the end of that set youd only proceeded to the 25. No metres in you at all. Once it got to GP, your only chance was for Roosters to make a mistake, and Perret did 25 from his own line, but Rob Lui failed to set up his troops. Any good number 7 just sends 3 of his forwards there one after the other to set up for the field goal but he proceeded on the 3rd tackle to spin it wide and Ayshford went into touch.

Yep.

steela

Juniors
nobody is to blame?
the tigers had it won, whoever it was looking at the ball instead of diving on it when they lost that scrum cost them the game

scottie b

Juniors
Fifita for all his great carries and his hard hits in defence can give away some penalities and with the game so close we couldn't afford them. Evereyone knows ref's don't like giving penalities to decide games so best time to throw him on was with 10 to go.

Heighno was the one that hesitated but after the game he played he cost us nothing

Yes mad, if Benji hadn't thrown that punch then yes we get an extra 6 points. However, in the excitement of the game and after copping a clip himself at least he stood up for himself. If he hadn't known we were going to score a try he obviously wouldn't have thrown one. Having said that, if he knew we were going to score he wouldn't have been on the field. He'd be at home with all the Powerball wins he's had from predicting the future.

He's still won us more games than he has cost us and while that doesn't excuse vital stuff-ups like that, I'm prepared to let that slip but I'm sure there'll be others that don't

I went and lit the candles this morning

Watched the replay on Fox last night and now think after seeing the body language of the hurt players coming off or on the bench that:
Daniella won't be back and can't be risked.
Marshall looked far from devastated on the sideline.

I wouldn't want them to risk McKinnon and lose him in the first 20 minutes or so, so perhaps Meaney might need to come in and not only as the fullback but as 1st choice kicker as well.

If Marshall is not fit can someone tell me if the U20's half is up to it? Will they move Lui one out and just get the No 7 to be the link man? Or will Farah go to 7 and Flanagan come in as the hooker? Or will Fitzhenry come in as the hooker/dummay half?

I think that they really need to go with the 4 reserve forwards again. Against that monster pack from Canberra (go the Saints), they are going to need them but hopefully they are all fit and this time around he swaps the playing time of Fifita and the young guy from last night.

Finally, I would be showing Farah some replays during the week of his recent brain explosions and include the Ch 9 commentary as well, just to highlight to Farah that there's no need to do the silly things he does when he does them.

j0nesy

Bench
Good game last night from your lads. A little unluck though, I thought you guys were easily the better team for 60 minutes. Either way, as fans, I think you guys should be proud of the effort. Here's hoping you're at near full strength against the Raiders next week, for what should be another thriller of a game for the neutral fan.

TroopyF

Juniors
Benji bitch-slapping Mitch and Heighno not falling on the loose ball off the scrum with 15sec to go - Toaster in the bath stuff.
Was quite suprised WE ran out of puff before the Chooks,even when possession evened out I thought we would have come home with a wet sail considering the defence they had to do.
That hit Dwyer put on Hargreaves was brutal - good stuff.

I dont recall anyone posting it was the best game they have ever seen,going into golden point deep down most of us would have expected the result to be what it was.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, if Dragons win today, we head down to Canberra next week.

If Manly win we are gone.

We should have been looking at a week off.

TigerLoyalty

Juniors
So, if Dragons win today, we head down to Canberra next week.

If Manly win we are gone.

We should have been looking at a week off.

Madunit your a f*^^wit for your earlier comments regarding Benji Marshall.We were clearly the better side for most of the match. Injuries to Benji, Fulton, Ellis and some clear bad luck in terms of crossing the line numerous times only to be denied ruined our chanes. You pin everything on one person your a f*&&^wit and im sick of your comments.

Although dissapointed I say that it is one of the best team performances from the tigers I can recall. When everything else went against them, when it was so easy to just give up:

Robbie goes for a 40 20 - an amazing kick toward the end of the game when we clearly had no energy left.

Dwyer comes up with a massive hit on Hargreaves

Gibbes charges the ball down and grabs it

Pattens charges down aswell

Hates off to these guys. If we werent the victims of those injuries we would have hung on simple as that.

Hope we bounce back next week. Mad Unit your a f&%^^ WIT

R2Coupe

Juniors
Great game by both teams. The Tigers created plenty of opportunities but a combination of good defence and no luck ended up being the difference.

Lui stepped up and demonstrated what a wonderful player he will be in years to come.

Well done.

Good game last night from your lads. A little unluck though, I thought you guys were easily the better team for 60 minutes. Either way, as fans, I think you guys should be proud of the effort. Here's hoping you're at near full strength against the Raiders next week, for what should be another thriller of a game for the neutral fan.

Wishful thinking! Next week if we're still around expect to see Daniel Fitzhenry in the 6. We'll be cannon fodder for an in-form Canberra side.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I keep reading here that Ayshford is the slowest centre in the world, yet he ran 70 metres with Todd Carney (clearly proving that Ayshford is faster than Carney since he had the ball), and this is the same Todd Carney who clearly proved himself faster than Matt Bowen in an 80m run to the line earlier this season?

andrew9148

Juniors
Ayshford might be the quickest/slowest 5/8 in the world this week. What we should be talking about is likely team line up

Mckinnon, Tuqiri, Brown, Daniella, Ryan, Ayshford, Lui.

Leadership will have to come from Wade and Lote.

Forwards, ellis might be out but we have a lot of numbers there. Its going to take something special thats for sure.

One thing with Dwyer, Fifita, Murdoch et al - we are going to have a great side next year.

Latest posts