What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Certainly some strange tactics tonight...

Mader45

Juniors
I dont recall anyone posting it was the best game they have ever seen,going into golden point deep down most of us would have expected the result to be what it was.

On here in the game day spoilers and assorted other posts, plus friends, family and even on shows this morning I've heard heaps of references to best finals game ever, best game ever, best game in 20+ years etc. I'll be biased and stick with St George 2005 though.

I figured we had it lost at half time only going in 8 points up.

Ayshfords try gave me hope for the rest of the night......

To many what if's....

Can't believe Benji's optimism in his article this morning.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
One thing with Dwyer, Fifita, Murdoch et al - we are going to have a great side next year.
Exactly what I'm thinking. Those young players are going to keep me an excited Tigers fan for years to come. The raw potential there is astounding.

weretiger

Juniors
goal kicking was going to bite us and it surely did last nite 1 out of 3 not good enough in semi finals even if there near the the sideline,and why we played at the footy staduim was another stupid decision dont give a sucker a even break thats the advantage of finishing in the top 4 what a waste, a couple of extra penaltys that a home crowd could have encouraged may have got us home, the roosters hold down and walking of the make in the play the ball was a joke.

Tim Sheens' face during the extra time period didn't help the team, as Usain Bolt proves, you need to be relaxed to perform at your best.

This Old Time Tiger was at Leichhardt Oval today to watch the real Tigers do their thing. I'd really like to see the NRL team go and support their their NSW Cup cousins in coming weeks as I'd like to see many of you West Tigers supports get out to Leichhardt.

Now that St George have done us a big favour and because a few people have made some comments here here about positions for next week, I think that we can't use McKinnon unless he is 110%. If not able to do that, Meaney must come in and Brown to centre, Benji will be there.

This Old Time Tiger was at Leichhardt Oval today to watch the real Tigers do their thing. I'd really like to see the NRL team go and support their NSW Cup cousins in coming weeks as I'd like to see many of you West Tigers supports get out to Leichhardt.

Now that St George have done us a big favour and because a few people have made some comments here here about positions for next week, I think that we can't use McKinnon unless he is 110%. If not able to do that, Meaney must come in and Brown to centre, Benji will be there.

TheRev

First Grade
I know there is no point looking back.. but I found the result of your game very annoying, you were clearly the better side all match, just a couple of moments/mistakes prevented you from sealing it earlier.. and then that scrum incident...

It annoys me because everyone is talking up the Roosters, but they should already be knocked out of the competition if not for 1 ref mistake + sleepy player. Bah.. hope you kick on and we meet you in Round 3.

mrpwnd

Bench
Had that scrum been fed properly near the end of the game, you guys probably would've taken it nice and easy.

I also think the Ellis try should've been given regardless of whether Marshall & Pearce had their little scuffle.

Yeah that try should have been given regardless of the little argie bargie. BUT

Why the hell did Farah feed the scrum like that, over to the other side? Sure, he never feeds scrums, but why not just take the simple option? Roll it past one single leg, pick it up and game over.

macnaz

Staff member
goal kicking was going to bite us and it surely did last nite 1 out of 3 not good enough in semi finals even if there near the the sideline,and why we played at the footy staduim was another stupid decision dont give a sucker a even break thats the advantage of finishing in the top 4 what a waste, a couple of extra penaltys that a home crowd could have encouraged may have got us home, the roosters hold down and walking of the make in the play the ball was a joke.

I agree with what you have said, particuarly the home ground comments, having a home game at cambo or LO may or may not have made a diference BUT why not use EVERY advantage given to us for making the top 4. In that game altho we had a lot of possesion in the first half we deserved heaps more because of things you mentioned such as holding down, Robbie whinged to the ref about it and Benji got frustrated by it as we all seen. But instead we were something like 4 nil down in the penalty count.
Also i think it backfired because the so called reason for playing there was to make sure all the wt fans could go, look at the crowd figures and they will tell u otherwise....33000 ppl say AT LEAST 15000 were Roosters thats only 18000 tiger fans to a semi :( . I know plenty here say otherwise but every WT fan and other club fans i have spoken to outside of this forum have all said we are annd now were stupid to play them there.

macnaz

Staff member
Also Ron, spot on. You tackle someone and they drop the ball u pick it up = play on , rule is black and white so why do the refs have to interpret them some f**king otherway all the time?
Everyone said it was a high shot anyway so it could have been a penalty goal for them and still game over i guess..

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
1. Here's a bright idea, Lets weaken our scrum push by moving our slow, fatigued 2nd rower to jump on the ball from a scrum.

2. Where was Beau Ryan when SKD made the break. Where was the scramble? Don't tell me fatigue in extra time. Lote chased and chased to the end. SKD was on the other side of Lortay's wing and should have had more scramble. Especially from Slow Ryan.

Anyway...sheet happens, boyz played very well.

Reek_Havoc, point 2.

Have a good look at the replay and especially the last 10 miniutes, Ryan was not playing on the wing. Ayshford appeared to get hurt late or it could have been cramp and went out to the wing. Dwyer was playing inside of him.

Ryan, well he was just sniffing around for the break that didn't come. He was inside Fulton when he threw the pass and moving forward. Dwyer chased and chased hard as he was out wide and able to.

No fan of Ryan at all but at least he was in there trying. SKD was actually closer to Lote when he took the ball, Lote was moving forward and had to turn and chase and IF, it was maybe another x metres, who knows, all academic now.

I mentioned it before and believe that Meaney must come into the team as the goal kicker. BM doesn't need any more pressure on his knee and as it's the right knee, well lets give him and the knee a break. Farah can't be the kicker and there's no one else.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Reek_Havoc, point 2.

Have a good look at the replay and especially the last 10 miniutes, Ryan was not playing on the wing. Ayshford appeared to get hurt late or it could have been cramp and went out to the wing. Dwyer was playing inside of him.

Ryan, well he was just sniffing around for the break that didn't come. He was inside Fulton when he threw the pass and moving forward. Dwyer chased and chased hard as he was out wide and able to.

No fan of Ryan at all but at least he was in there trying. SKD was actually closer to Lote when he took the ball, Lote was moving forward and had to turn and chase and IF, it was maybe another x metres, who knows, all academic now.

I mentioned it before and believe that Meaney must come into the team as the goal kicker. BM doesn't need any more pressure on his knee and as it's the right knee, well lets give him and the knee a break. Farah can't be the kicker and there's no one else.

Fair enough OTT

Thanks for that info, haven't seen the replay yet.