What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ch 9 should take a leaf from ch 10s book

knights 2004

Juniors
and ram the storm down melbournes throat as the swans have been rammed down ours.

lack of awareness would be a big problem for the storm in melbourne, there would be heaps of people that would watch but just dont know enough about it cause ch9 dont advertise

could just reverse their stupid AFL ads.
"can we beat sydney.......at their own game?"

knights 2004

Juniors
why the freaking hell did i put this in international, i dont remember doing that.
freak im tired. somebody that does stuff around here change it please.
or ill......uhhh........just change it will ya.

mmm......chocolatey

Macca

Coach
Actually I agree with Knights 2004.

I have never taken to the swans and I never will, AFL has no place in Sydney IMO. I do like AFL, it's a good game when nothing else is on and it is played well by Vics, S.A.'s W.A.'s etc.

The point though is that I am very aware of when the Swans are playing and who they are playing every week.

Now, I am a big advocate of getting the Storm out of Melbourne for the same reasons I think AFL has no place in Sydney. If we can get the same sort of following for Melbourne as the Swans have up here though I will change that tune quickly.

It's time to get the awareness up in Melbourne next year and if there is still no increase in crowd figurea and telly ratings, move em.

BuffaloRules

Coach
The only way that channel 9 will give the Storm a proper go is if the NRL forces them to.

When the next TV contract rolls around, the NRL must insist that the Storm get good coverage in Melbourne and incorporate this into the contract, even if this costs them a few bucks....

BuffaloRules said:
The only way that channel 9 will give the Storm a proper go is if the NRL forces them to.

When the next TV contract rolls around, the NRL must insist that the Storm get good coverage in Melbourne and incorporate this into the contract, even if this costs them a few bucks....

That's right.

And not just Melbourne games. Other NRL matches as well.

panthersballboy

Juniors
At least they are showing this weeks Storm V Dogs game live in Melbourne. It is a start but they need to do more if the storm are to stay in Melbourne.

realredhillboy

Juniors
10 do it up here... lions ads all the bloody time. with commercial hard rock with tough sounding lyrics to give the impression that akermanis,voss &co are somehow risking their lives [as well as their tight shorts and muscle shirts/jerseys. yet channel 10 also has that crap "before the game "show. they dont get it still!! not everyone north of the border is a lions fan [let alone a broncos fan]. just cant get into afl, no matter how many flashy ads they put on during my favorite crime shows.

YiddoTiger

Juniors
hopefully if easts lose this yr's comp their `fans' will head back and watch the swans or kings .. or the tahs or whatever else is flavour of the month ... i wonder where their `fans' were when they were getting lapped by all and sundry at henson ??

PB

Bench
The NRL/Nine have a huge opportunity to push the Storm in Melbourne right now, with only one Melbourne based side left in the top 4 of the AFL. It is a great chance to flood more info about the Storm and give them good coverage in good time slots...

I was going to suggest even showing the rugby league footy show... but that may just turn more people away form the game..... #-o

dimitri

First Grade
nrl really need to have a good look at themselves

it is vital they negotiate a much better tv contract next time

bulldogs = #1

Juniors
haha 4 million fans behind the swans LMAO

40, 000 more like it.. and anyone else that actually turns up to there game go there for the novelty of the thing.

LESStar58

Referee
PB said:
The NRL/Nine have a huge opportunity to push the Storm in Melbourne right now, with only one Melbourne based side left in the top 4 of the AFL.

the fact that they have an ex-stkilda CEO now might be a factor as well...

LESStar58

Referee
McSharkie said:
Now, I am a big advocate of getting the Storm out of Melbourne for the same reasons I think AFL has no place in Sydney.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Are you sure you aren't Dennis Fitzgerald?

Front-Rower

First Grade
McSharkie said:
Actually I agree with Knights 2004.

I have never taken to the swans and I never will, AFL has no place in Sydney IMO. I do like AFL, it's a good game when nothing else is on and it is played well by Vics, S.A.'s W.A.'s etc.

The point though is that I am very aware of when the Swans are playing and who they are playing every week.

Now, I am a big advocate of getting the Storm out of Melbourne for the same reasons I think AFL has no place in Sydney. If we can get the same sort of following for Melbourne as the Swans have up here though I will change that tune quickly.

It's time to get the awareness up in Melbourne next year and if there is still no increase in crowd figurea and telly ratings, move em.

AFL in your opinion has no place in Sydney, yet however in your opinion Rugby League has a place in Melbourne. Don't you think a lot of Victorians share your view but in the opposite way ie Rugby League has no place in Melbourne but AFL has place in Sydney.

Its all people's opinion and really its showing that apart from a few thousand no one in Melbourne cares about the Storm even after repeated success in reaching semi finals and knocking off a premiership.

Its like the old saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.