What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ch9 "Home of Rugby League" tv ad

undertaker

Coach
Just when things couldn't get worse, Ch9 played that stupid "Home of Rugby League" ad at half time:crazy:. And funny how Ken Sutcliffe appears in it, yet Vossy doesn't. What the hell does Sutcliffe do for league other than MC the coverage of Origin and the GF? A completely insult to Voss that he's been shafted.

The ad, which I assume is the same as the one that appeared in Origin 3 (can't remmeber), looks so cheap and tacky and a huge cut-and-paste job that was done at the 11th hour by an arts/multimedia student, and looks more akin to a Guide Dog ad

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm surprised they don't mention the tab odds of them being the best or some mention of the latest underbelly series during the ad

undertaker

Coach
"Honoring the history of the game...."

By demanding a night time Grand Final.

:lol:I was thinking the same thing when they mentioned that. However, The night GF is only ONE of many historical/traditional aspects of the game that Ch9 has screwed over.

DC_fan

Coach
They just showed that ad again for what must be th millionth time this season.

undertaker

Coach
They just showed that ad again for what must be th millionth time this season.

I just made a comment about this on the gameday thread. Far...bloody...out

Sutcliffe does zero for the game. Boring individual

Just when things couldn't get worse, Ch9 played that stupid "Home of Rugby League" ad at half time:crazy:. And funny how Ken Sutcliffe appears in it, yet Vossy doesn't. What the hell does Sutcliffe do for league other than MC the coverage of Origin and the GF? A completely insult to Voss that he's been shafted.

The ad, which I assume is the same as the one that appeared in Origin 3 (can't remmeber), looks so cheap and tacky and a huge cut-and-paste job that was done at the 11th hour by an arts/multimedia student, and looks more akin to a Guide Dog ad

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
An addendum to my post that I quoted in answer to Saab's post is Fatty Vautin. Besides hosting the Thursday night Footy Show and commentate on the occasional Friday night match (when the Broncos or Gold Coast are at home since he lives on the Gold Coast), what else does he do for that game these days?

undertaker

Coach
I look forward to $100 million worth of these ads over the next 5 years.

Well, as crappy, annoying and tacky as that ad may be, Ch9 will be flogging it like a dead horse as they've gotta get the money's worth for what they forked out on the contra component of the tv rights deal

Mr Saab

Referee
I dont blame fatty...he is being pushed aside for the likes of Fittler and Johns.
But Sutcliffe is a twat. After his game three MC act at origin 3 where he asked the QLD crowd to go easy on NSW at the presentation...who the f**k does he think he is? A school headmaster? STFU and say your shyte and move on.
Him an MacAveney.....two annoying TV people who think they are "all that"

some11

Referee
They're rubbing it in now "haha suck shit another 5 years!!!"

You've got the rights, now just stop.

I find it funny that people bitch about the night time grand final and that "giving you a ticket money can't buy" doesn't help the crowds but you lot wanted that $1bn so badly. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Hooch

Juniors
But Sutcliffe is a twat. After his game three MC act at origin 3 where he asked the QLD crowd to go easy on NSW at the presentation...who the f**k does he think he is? A school headmaster? STFU and say your shyte and move on.

That is vintage Sutcliffe. He has a massive broomstick up his arse.

Latest posts