What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge cup games for French clubs

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
SHEFFIELD - LEZIGNAN
07/03/2008 - 19:00

GATESHEAD - PIA
08/03/2008 - 17:30

KEIGHLEY - TOULOUSE
09/03/2008 - 15:30

Can anyone see any upsets here, or are the English teams too strong?

roughyedspud

Coach
would have to say Pia could upset gateshead..but gateshead have really got their act together so far this season in the NR CUP..

toulouse need to take this comp seriously this year like they did in 2005 when they got to the semi finals, given that they are going for a SL franchise and need to impress..

sheffield might embarrass Lezignan

marv

Juniors
If Pia take thing seriously they can beat Gateshead allthough they are a much improved side.

Personally i think NL1 side Sheffield will have too much for FCL.

Toulouse have a lot on their plate what with a poor showing in the league this year and a possible franchise on the horizon, but im going to this game in the hope of a Toulouse victory.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Lets hope one of them continues on in the tournament.

It would suck if Les Catalans were the only French club left even before they've played a game.

marv

Juniors
ParraEelsNRL said:
Lets hope one of them continues on in the tournament.

It would suck if Les Catalans were the only French club left even before they've played a game.

absolutley, its tough for them but i hope at least one french club pulls through

marv

Juniors
roughyedspud said:
alright mark,you off to see the russians again this weekend ?

Nope I dont think i will be driving from Barrow to Bridgend again in a hurry!

gonna do Keighley v Toulouse on sunday, might even go to Sheffield tonight to watch Sheffield v FC Lezignan

Calixte

First Grade
At the risk of coming in late and after the event, that Lezignan result does not surprise me.

They have looked a good side this year in the Elite.

crimpo

Juniors
Sheffield look favourites for relegation from NL1 - but that takes nothing away from Lezignan. Excellent result for them.

Gateshead do look much improved - but I would think Pia still have enough to beat them.

Keighley also seem improved on last year - but its a very winnable tie for Toulouse.

Before the round started I thought 2 French sides would progress - and Lezignan wasn't one of them!

roughyedspud

Coach
christ almighty...you'll never guess what..

yep the french are 3 for 3 :shock:

toulouse have won 12 - 4 .....0-0 @ ht apperently..sounds like a right gruel-a-thon..