What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge cup games for French clubs

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
dscf1979_redimensionner_151.jpg

dscf1981_redimensionner_174.jpg

http://www.rugbyforumxiii.com/phpBB...7&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Fourth round draw for our Gallic friends:

Featherstone v Catalans Dragons
Bradford v Toulouse
Whitehaven v Lezignan
Wigan v Pia

I guess the men in pink have a chance against Whitehaven.

Not good news for the French so far...

Lezignan have gone down to Whitehaven 46 - 6

Toulouse getting thrashed by Bradford...

Oh dear... Bradford have hit 80... and it's not over yet.

The Tank

Bench
What does it matter what the Toulouse score was? That won't be the same team that takes the field if they are admitted into SL. It's like saying the WA Reds aren't worthy of the NRL because their JB Cup team would lose against an NRL team.

What does it matter what the Toulouse score was? That won't be the same team that takes the field if they are admitted into SL. It's like saying the WA Reds aren't worthy of the NRL because their JB Cup team would lose against an NRL team.

You're right, of course... but...

...it has a negative effect on perceptions of the worthiness of their bid in the same way as Crusaders playing well against Leeds had a positive effect on theirs... As I said: "not a good look".

I would suggest that the people behind the Toulouse bid would have been hoping for a valiant display to further their interests not an utter capitulation.