What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes Are Necassary

aussies1st said:
If that happened Gilly to opener Haddin 7. No idea what they would do with the keeping.

Haddin to keep if that the case but it won't happen.
Gilly's keeping has been pretty poor for a little while now.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
1. Hayden (Chnaged my mind, prepared to stick with him)
2. Langer
3. Ponting
4. Martyn
5. Clarke (If Injured: Hodge or Symonds)
6. Hussey
7. Gilchrist
8. Warne
9. Lee
10.Tait
11.McGrath

Would punt Katich for the last two tests as he hsa totally been found out by the english bowlers. While Hayden hasnt done anything either, I dont think they have completely found out Hayden, hes just been getting out. England have a strong plan to Katich which is killing him everytime. Bad luck Simon, Id still like to see you once we leave England.

If Clarkes out id go for Hodge if he can get some runs in the next tour match, if not Symonds as he will bring alot to the side, and stroll right in no worries. Not a risky move like Hodge who will have all the nerves of a first test.

And to replace Gillespie which is now looking obvious id probably go Tait, just as out of the squad I think hes the best choice. Clarke Im not too sure about, while Kasper and Gillespie I think are in the same boat and are really not threatening the English batsman. If Tait can show somthing in the next tour match id put him in.

Bracken, is that guy even in England? Lets face it, if they thought he was good they would of called him over instead of Clarke.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't panic just yet.

We tried our hardest to loose the third test, particularly by poor catching, then some poor batting and bowling, and we still managed a draw.

We flogged the pomms in the first test, and thye only got us by 3 in the second, with no Mcgrath.

No need to panic here, Duzzy may not retain his spot, but I cant see too many changes being made.

Dizzy will need a bag full in the up coming tour match, but if Tait upstages him, he may be the only change.

Sure Tait is expensive, but he is a wicket taker. Lee used to be expensive and look at him now.

aussies1st

Staff member
If Dizzy stays in the side he must show he has improved heaps since the last test. Tait for mind seems the best option. I have heard he can swing and reverse swing it. He would be our answer to Flintoff but less accurate.

blackfriday

Juniors
tait is damn expensive but have you seen him bowl outswing? he moves the ball like crazy and he's very, very fast. maybe katich and dizzy has to go, especially dizzy.

Trent Bridge is usually an absoulte belter for batting. Win the toss and bat first there for sure and certain hopefully Ricky.

I'd stcik with Hayden and Langer. langer has looked in OK nick but has just got out this summer. Hayden has struggled but still averages over 30 in a bowler dominated series.

Dizzy and Katich have to go. But the tour game against Northants will decide whom gets the call up I guess.

aussies1st

Staff member
I reckon he should Hussey is class and in form. He knows English conditions too. If Tait plays it gives us that extra excitment of watching how he goes.

borat

Bench
Except he is averaging 23 behind all the other batsmen and Gilchrist and Warne. Katich has to go because he has got nod idea how to play the ball on these pitches.

azza

Juniors
I think Hayden deserves to be dropped ahead of Katich but if Hussey (or Hodge, but I would prefer Hussey) comes into the side it will be the Kat who is dropped.

Bye bye dizzy

Timbo

Staff member
He was our best at Lords when the rest were all at sea.

The reverse swing undid him last night. If he works that out he should stay.

More to the point, every other player gets 1000 chances before they're dropped. Why shouldn't he get the same.

borat

Bench
The difference is that Hayden has proven himself in the past without a shadow of a doubt whereas katich hasn't. We also don't have a recognised opener anywhere to be seen ready to take Haydens place where as we have a plethora of middle order batsmen and alll rounders in England, playing well, ready to take his spot.

Timbo

Staff member
No openor anywhere to be seen in England?

County Championship averages:

M.Hussey- 982 runs @ 75.53
P.Jaques- 1159 runs @ 64.83
M.DiVenuto- 1061 runs @ 58.94
M.Elliot- 746 runs @ 53.28
C.Rogers- 176 runs @ 44

To name a few.

borat

Bench
Jaques and Elliot are the only two recognised openers. Jaques is uncapped and Elliott has just come off a horror shield season. Hayden is a better option than either these two and has proven himself without doubt.

Timbo

Staff member
Hussey is a WIDELY recognised openor. As is DiVenuto and Rogers.

And so what if someone is uncapped? McGrath had less than 10 FC caps before he made his test debut.

borat

Bench
Timbo said:
Hussey is a WIDELY recognised openor. As is DiVenuto and Rogers.

And so what if someone is uncapped? McGrath had less than 10 FC caps before he made his test debut.

Timbo, Warne would just about open for his County side at the moment. Di Venuto does not even open for Tassie. Rodgers has only played a handful of county games and is more of a number 3 anyway which is where he plays for WA.

I was wrong about Hussey but IMO you cannot drop soemone with the experience and runs on the board that Hayden brings to the team.

Like it or not Katich is our worst performing batsman on tour. So if we are going to make changes to the batting line up then katich deserves to be the first to go. He is also so out of touch its just not funny.

aussies1st

Staff member
If Katich was dropped I would like to see Symonds just to give us another bowling option. He wouldn't be a great bowling option but he would be an option.

Latest posts