What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes at the Dragons.

Gareth67

First Grade
Such a punchable face, isn't it?

He looks stunned , a call from the N.R.L. , informing him , that they are recouping the Dragons debt , from the 2018 salary cap .

Or perhaps that was a win to the Dragons this year , despite his meddleing in the Joint Ventures affairs ?

Last edited:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Had many mates play reggies under Snoopy at the Raiders 12-15 years ago.

They said he was old fashioned then.

He will fit in perfectly.

monsterkev

Juniors
Y
For someone that's been here for 10 minutes you sure know a lot about the history of the forum.
Your one of the dozen dickhead
You are one of the reasons this forum is washed up why dont you welcomecnew members
And by the way i have been a forum member for a lot longer than 5 minutes
And a st george supporter for nearly 50 years
And unfortunately related to doust so i know enough
Whats your credentials
Shut your mouth and listen to others otherwise this forum is going to die a slow and painfull death

dragonssamy61

First Grade
He looks stunned , a call from the N.R.L. , informing him , that they are recouping the Dragons debt , from the 2018 salary cap .

Or perhaps that was a win to the Dragons this year , despite his meddleing in the Joint Ventures affairs ?

Hi Gareth
He looks like that because he has just been told no more crownies left.

Uplifting

Juniors
Anyways, Go my beloved Dragons in 2017 but not too good to keep that goose in charge.
I hope they have great year (as I do every offseason - can't help it) but regardless of that I think Mary has done enough already to NOT have his contracted renewed. But many on here feel no hope of a good season for the Dragons with the current coach. In a weird state of limbo aren't we Dragons fans?

Gareth67

First Grade
I hope they have great year (as I do every offseason - can't help it) but regardless of that I think Mary has done enough already to NOT have his contracted renewed. But many on here feel no hope of a good season for the Dragons with the current coach. In a weird state of limbo aren't we Dragons fans?

Whatever he done in 2015 , he needs to repeat again , minus the arrogancy . Also , he needs to listen to advice , any advice , and heed it , even if it is from the fellow who cleans the change room .

As we are all aware , like it or not , he is pulling the reins in 2017 . We all would much prefer someone else , but unfortunately , it appears that will not be the case .

If , and it is a big IF , he can recapture that mojo or whatever you wish to call it , the Dragons will at the very least , have a much better season next year , than they did in 2016 .

However to perform this miracle , he must firstly clear the air with the entire team , and hopefully start afresh . Only after he has done that , will the team be able to move forward .

Whatever he done in 2015 , he needs to repeat again , minus the arrogancy . Also , he needs to listen to advice , any advice , and heed it , even if it is from the fellow who cleans the change room .

As we are all aware , like it or not , he is pulling the reins in 2017 . We all would much prefer someone else , but unfortunately , it appears that will not be the case .

If , and it is a big IF , he can recapture that mojo or whatever you wish to call it , the Dragons will at the very least , have a much better season next year , than they did in 2016 .

However to perform this miracle , he must firstly clear the air with the entire team , and hopefully start afresh . Only after he has done that , will the team be able to move forward .

Mary is not a tactician

His main coaching attribute if any is man management

When the players realised he was a one trick pony he lost the dressing room

Old Timer

Coach
Mary is not a tactician

His main coaching attribute if any is man management

When the players realised he was a one trick pony he lost the dressing room
I think this terminology "good at man management" is just a bunch of words used incorrectly by posters to excuse Mary's lack of ability elsewhere.
Our roster has purchased plenty of players whose ability and confidence has gone down, some have exited the club at their request, some have languished in the lower grades others suffer the relentless criticism of the fans.
IMO good man managers would get the best out of every person, create respect, a sense of history, a feeling of harmony and belonging amongst other things.
Mary has done none of these things.
The only thing Mary has managed to do with his men is create a downward spiral.

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
I would have thought JD was the go for the future growing with our youngsters whom appear to want to play for him. Everyone on here wants to give the youngsters a go so why not let them be coached by someone that they respect.

Please define a rookie coach as opposed to an experienced coach, surely some are in- between.

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
I think this terminology "good at man management" is just a bunch of words used incorrectly by posters to excuse Mary's lack of ability elsewhere.
Our roster has purchased plenty of players whose ability and confidence has gone down, some have exited the club at their request, some have languished in the lower grades others suffer the relentless criticism of the fans.
IMO good man managers would get the best out of every person, create respect, a sense of history, a feeling of harmony and belonging amongst other things.
Mary has done none of these things.
The only thing Mary has managed to do with his men is create a downward spiral.
Agree, he isn't a man manager or a coach, may not even be a painter ( although he paints some bu..shit in his pressers) . You have all seen the love from Widdop in the pressers.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Well the 2017 season starts tomorrow......day 1 of pre-season training and at this stage we:

* Don't have a Cutters coach (nothing official)
* Don't know who our medical staff are (Head of Medical)
* Don't know if McGregor is taking full control or what roles Hornby and/or Young will perform (attack coach/defense coach). In fact we don't know the coaching structure at all.
* Don't know if/when Leilua will sign (or not) and when he will commence training. Will he start tomorrow, next week, next month etc (If he has dreams of playing in the NRL on a permanent basis, he should be there tomorrow).
* Don't know if the court case of Lafai and Havili will impact on the team next year.

This is not the way to start a new season and no wonder we are considered so poor. Most of these issues should have been sorted by now.

It's going to be a long season for all.

Leulia should not be allowed anywhere near training till he sorts out the manager situation which he has caused himself.
Cutters will have a coach sooner then later who it is not sure at this stage.
Medicial staff Ayoub has probably warned anyone off the job.
Mary will try and control everything and I hope he does and fails.
Lafai they should just release him to anyone and pay his contract just to get rid of that turd from the club.
Havili will be lucky to see first grade.

Uplifting

Juniors
I think preseason training starts tomorrow. Some of the question regarding staff should be finalised now. Will be interesting to see.

hazzbeen

Bench
Leulia should not be allowed anywhere near training till he sorts out the manager situation which he has caused himself.
Cutters will have a coach sooner then later who it is not sure at this stage.
Medicial staff Ayoub has probably warned anyone off the job.
Mary will try and control everything and I hope he does and fails.
Lafai they should just release him to anyone and pay his contract just to get rid of that turd from the club.
Havili will be lucky to see first grade.
So in other words WE ARE F%%ED .....