What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes at the Dragons.

Old Timer

Coach
LOL , poor sod will have to drink wreckers , like all real men do !
Brilliant Gareth that could be the "Silver Bullet" we are all looking for.
Surely someone on the forum has 1 left over we could use to rid us of this curse.
Those were the days Silver Bullets in cans and Dirty Annie Long Necks.
Kids don't know what they are missing out on.

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes without doubt , there are issues that need to be resolved before the team begins to play for competition points , I believe in late February , early March .
With the exception of the court case , the other problems will hopefully be sorted by then .
The problems in the locker room , as I suggested earlier , can only be solved by Mary himself . We all realise that if it continues , the Dragons season will be down the gurgler ,
before a ball has been kicked .

Regardless of Mary's defiecenies , WHICH WE ARE ALL AWARE OFF , I will be looking at the positives in the team , the same as I have done for decades now , knowing that 2017 will be his last year .

And who knows , perhaps the mixture of experience and youth , will have us all returning to the Taj Mahal on a more regular basis .

Gareth67

First Grade
Brilliant Gareth that could be the "Silver Bullet" we are all looking for.
Surely someone on the forum has 1 left over we could use to rid us of this curse.
Those were the days Silver Bullets in cans and Dirty Annie Long Necks.
Kids don't know what they are missing out on.

Reschs Pilsner , a lovely drop and the old D.A. , great after a hard day in the mines .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Reschs Pilsner , a lovely drop and the old D.A. , great after a hard day in the mines .
I can't remember the year but NSW had a beer strike on and the TAJ put Courage on tap. I think that year the membership also took a nose dive.
The other shocker was after a party you would wake up to find all your "silver bullets" gone and a tub full of KB Kegs.
Bit like a fart in a lift no-one ever owned up to it.

Gareth67

First Grade
I can't remember the year but NSW had a beer strike on and the TAJ put Courage on tap. I think that year the membership also took a nose dive.
The other shocker was after a party you would wake up to find all your "silver bullets" gone and a tub full of KB Kegs.
Bit like a fart in a lift no-one ever owned up to it.

What ! NSW had a strike ? Unheard off ! And a beer strike at that .
As my old Pops would say on such momentous occasssions " stone the flaming crows , and if there are any of the little beggars left , shoot them "

However , yes , I do recall seeing a lot of spare K.B. s left overs at the local shindigs , even in those days . I blame it all on the Yuppies and those bluudy hippies .

Or a flask of Bond 7 to get the head spinning .....

You were one of the lucky ones , we would find a bottle of Brown Muscet .

duck

Juniors
Your one of the dozen dickhead
Who me? Have we crossed paths before? I don't remember locking horns with you in the past.

You are one of the reasons this forum is washed up
Me personally? Wow. Apologies to Willow.

why dont you welcomecnew members
I do.

And by the way i have been a forum member for a lot longer than 5 minutes
I said 10 minutes but hey whatever.

And a st george supporter for nearly 50 years
Only 35 here. You win.

And unfortunately related to doust so i know enough. Whats your credentials
My neighbour used to live next door to Craig Young's cousin.

Shut your mouth and listen to others otherwise this forum is going to die a slow and painfull death
So sensitive. Chill a bit. It's a forum where everyone is anonymous. If you want sunshine, lollipops and rainbows you'd best look elsewhere.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Gotta admit seeing the boys photos of them back in training stirred the blood (even if just a little).
Interesting Leilua IS training with the squad so you would "assume" expectation on him re-signing are high. But you can never he certain when it comes to the Dragons.
Also good to see that several of the NYC boys are also training with them.
I will be looking forward to seeing more photos in the coming days and weeks.

Old Timer

Coach
It makes me wonder how good a player like Tyson Frizell would be under a coach like Bellamy and in Melbourne's structures.
Simply brilliant but he is one strong personality who is capable of rising above the lacklustre coaching staff he is surrounded by at club level.
Sad to think we will see the best of him in rep football and will have to wait for a new coach before we see that really high standard replicated at club level.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
My dad only drank Reschs

For the youngsters here in the old days NSW pubs could only stock one brand - pubs were either a Tooheys or a Reschs pub.

My dad and his mates were all Reschs drinkers so they always went to a "Reckers" pub.

When we were in the country and there was only a Tooheys pub in the town dad would get a Black and Tan Tooheys as it was as close to a "decent" beer as he could get !!

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Nathan Pickworth was appointed as a physio
earlier before the 2016 season started.
He is considerably younger than Ayoub and has been promoted.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
My dad only drank Reschs

For the youngsters here in the old days NSW pubs could only stock one brand - pubs were either a Tooheys or a Reschs pub.

My dad and his mates were all Reschs drinkers so they always went to a "Reckers" pub.

When we were in the country and there was only a Tooheys pub in the town dad would get a Black and Tan Tooheys as it was as close to a "decent" beer as he could get !!

My dad only ever bought KB because he knew i wouldnt drink his beer.

Latest posts